View Poll Results: Would you have traded Hayward, Burks, and the Golden State Pick for Harden?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 30.77%
  • No

36 69.23%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Harden is looking better than any player in the league so far.

I actually voted no on the proposed trade due to my homerism for burks but i am man enough to admit when im wrong.

IM WRONG give me harden, take burks hayward and both picks next year.... and braille
    I'm just sick that we didn't go after him. He's not going to average 41 points this year, but holy crap he was worth the max and trade. This opportunity will not happen again for the Jazz, and I have a feeling the Jazz and thirty other teams would be much more interested in Harden after these two games. Problem is that everyone else knows what he can do as "the man" now, so now we live with our inactivity or the inactivity of our GM.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ahhhhhhhh!
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    I'm just sick that we didn't go after him. He's not going to average 41 points this year, but holy crap he was worth the max and trade. This opportunity will not happen again for the Jazz, and I have a feeling the Jazz and thirty other teams would be much more interested in Harden after these two games. Problem is that everyone else knows what he can do as "the man" now, so now we live with our inactivity or the inactivity of our GM.

To be honest, i think if the jazz did land harden they would not know how to use him correctly..... he would still get minutes and decent stats but he would be held back by our coaching/system and probably average around 18 pts a game, instead of the 25-30 he is capable of.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I won't be surprised if the Rockets makes the playoffs in the 5-7 range. They have a true star player in Harden, a very good distributor in Lin, a defensive minded center in Asik, and decent role players with promising rookies(especially Terrence Jones). Plus, McHale may become a decent coach down the road, even though right now he doesn't look that good as a coach. (But he doesn't seem worse than Corbin either, for instance.)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well if Harden keeps playing like this, there will be a lot of people who would want to change their vote including me. I thought he was a very good player but he certainly is showing he can be a great player. Some people think all the Jazz have to do is talk and people will give them what they want. How does anyone know if the Jazz attempted to get him or not?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    To be honest, i think if the jazz did land harden they would not know how to use him correctly..... he would still get minutes and decent stats but he would be held back by our coaching/system and probably average around 18 pts a game, instead of the 25-30 he is capable of.
    If that's the case, then we're screwed anyway!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Well if Harden keeps playing like this, there will be a lot of people who would want to change their vote including me. I thought he was a very good player but he certainly is showing he can be a great player. Some people think all the Jazz have to do is talk and people will give them what they want. How does anyone know if the Jazz attempted to get him or not?
    We don't know, but I think we could have offered them close if not better to what OKC got. Everything we mention from here on out sounds silly since we know what he can do, so the only thing we can do is compare it to what OKC got. Can you imagine OKC with this year's Harden, Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka. That is one hell of a closing 4. Would have been the best pg/wing combo in the entire NBA coupled with the leading shot blocker in the league and Perkins (he sucks).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is much tougher to handle than the Gasol trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This is much tougher to handle than the Gasol trade.
    It is for me since we were in a fantastic position to make a move. We had assets, picks, expiring contracts, young promising players, everything. Players like Harden do not come around very often at all. Hopefully, with our financial flexibility, we can strike gold like Houston!

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    It is for me since we were in a fantastic position to make a move. We had assets, picks, expiring contracts, young promising players, everything. Players like Harden do not come around very often at all. Hopefully, with our financial flexibility, we can strike gold like Houston!
    What were YOU willing to give up after Kanter's preseason though? The only member who really stepped up was billyshelby. I didn't even set myself onto a cut branch. Neither did NUMBERICA (crediting his post commentary).
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    What were YOU willing to give up after Kanter's preseason though? The only member who really stepped up was billyshelby. I didn't even set myself onto a cut branch. Neither did NUMBERICA (crediting his post commentary).
    I would have offered anyone but Favors and Kanter in any combination (trying to not have hindsight here), our GS pick, our #1 and #2 picks, cash, the rights to Ante Tomic, Free passes to Snowbird, and Karl Malone's mother's secret fried chicken recipe.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I notice that the ratio is now moving up 15/35.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There are deals we should have turned down for Harden. But not many. We'll never know what we turned down, but we definitely had more to offer than Houston. My guess is Jazz management is still highly confused as to the Favors/Kanter upside. If they truly believed in one, they would have dealt Hayward/the Unchosen for Harden. And that should have gotten a deal done. But they don't have that read so they let the deal go. I can't totally blame them in that specific circumstance if that's what they were up against.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thats probably true...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    There are deals we should have turned down for Harden. But not many. We'll never know what we turned down, but we definitely had more to offer than Houston. My guess is Jazz management is still highly confused as to the Favors/Kanter upside. If they truly believed in one, they would have dealt Hayward/the Unchosen for Harden. And that should have gotten a deal done. But they don't have that read so they let the deal go. I can't totally blame them in that specific circumstance if that's what they were up against.

Best part of this post: "jazz management is still highly confused as to the favors/kanter upside".
    Hard to know what you have in a player when all they do is sit on the bench.