View Poll Results: Would you have traded Hayward, Burks, and the Golden State Pick for Harden?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 30.77%
  • No

    36 69.23%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 151 to 157 of 157
  1. #151
    Senior Member JJAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,016
    Total Rep Points
    1934
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    More Harden Info:

    How many times as this been accomplished: 37, 6, 12, 4 with player 23 or under in NBA history? Answer = 2
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...4&order_by=pts

    In NBA history at any age? Answer = 6
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...4&order_by=pts

    How many times has this been accomplished: 45, 7, 2 with player under the age of 23? Answer = 41
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

    With 70% or higher on field goals? Answer = 9
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...7&order_by=pts

    With 3pt % of 50% or higher? Answer = 3 (you have to count)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...7&order_by=pts

    Conclusion: the overrated player Harden, on a team with whom he did not have training camp, did something that only one other player had ever done (in his first game with Houston). In his second game, he did something that only two others had done in relative NBA history.

    That is elite and worth the contract.

  2. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,429
    Total Rep Points
    749
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    What were YOU willing to give up after Kanter's preseason though? The only member who really stepped up was billyshelby. I didn't even set myself onto a cut branch. Neither did NUMBERICA (crediting his post commentary).
    I said that I would have traded anyone and anything on the team for harden, including either favors or kanter (not both) along with someone else and picks. Guys like Harden are very rare and we missed a great opportunity. Fortunately, I can console myself with the fact that, according to Jazzfanz, once Burks gets some minutes he will make Harden look like a chump.

  3. #153
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    12,952
    Total Rep Points
    30489
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    I said that I would have traded anyone and anything on the team for harden, including either favors or kanter (not both) along with someone else and picks. Guys like Harden are very rare and we missed a great opportunity. Fortunately, I can console myself with the fact that, according to Jazzfanz, once Burks gets some minutes he will make Harden look like a chump.
    Great post. Please add this to your well deserved spot in my post whoring thread so your forward looking genius can be forever enshrined on jazzfanz and easily located inside the halls of I TOLD YOU SO.


    not sarcasm
    No Mediocrity

  4.  

     

  5. #154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,429
    Total Rep Points
    749
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Great post. Please add this to your well deserved spot in my post whoring thread so your forward looking genius can be forever enshrined on jazzfanz and easily located inside the halls of I TOLD YOU SO.


    not sarcasm
    An even greater post. Thanks for your recommendations.

    My post was a response to an earlier one where it indicated that only one poster here had recommmended gettting Harden at just about any cost. I made my post above not to show my brilliance but to indicate that Harden's value was more obvious than too many homers here want to believe.

    not sarcasm either.

  6. #155
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,410
    Total Rep Points
    36440
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    I said that I would have traded anyone and anything on the team for harden, including either favors or kanter (not both) along with someone else and picks. Guys like Harden are very rare and we missed a great opportunity. Fortunately, I can console myself with the fact that, according to Jazzfanz, once Burks gets some minutes he will make Harden look like a chump.
    I dont think people on jazzfanz think burks is better than harden (if they do they are dumb). Most of us just think he deserves more than 0 minutes per game..... that doesn't seem unreasonable.

    Do you think burks should NEVER play?

  7. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,429
    Total Rep Points
    749
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I dont think people on jazzfanz think burks is better than harden (if they do they are dumb). Most of us just think he deserves more than 0 minutes per game..... that doesn't seem unreasonable.

    Do you think burks should NEVER play?
    A few posters have put Burks in the same sentence with D Wade and J Harden. Pretty crazy.

    Do I think he should never play? No way. I want to see him get minutes and see where he can get. Right now I suspect he is going to be average at best but who knows until we play him. I hope he surprises me hugely to the upside.

    That said, I would have traded him and Hayward and anyone else for Harden in a heartbeat.

  8. #157
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,410
    Total Rep Points
    36440
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    A few posters have put Burks in the same sentence with D Wade and J Harden. Pretty crazy.

    Do I think he should never play? No way. I want to see him get minutes and see where he can get. Right now I suspect he is going to be average at best but who knows until we play him. I hope he surprises me hugely to the upside.

    That said, I would have traded him and Hayward and anyone else for Harden in a heartbeat.

    Agreed.

    As far as the burks being in the same sentence as d wade and harden, when they were rookies no one knew how good or bad they would be but im sure that the miami and okc fanbases made comparisons of them with great players as well.
    I have always compared burks to wade due to the way they both play: fast explosive guys that get the rim and free throw line, both with questionable outside shooting.
    I dont think he is similar to harden however.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •