View Poll Results: Would you have traded Hayward, Burks, and the Golden State Pick for Harden?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 30.77%
  • No

36 69.23%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    More Harden Info:

How many times as this been accomplished: 37, 6, 12, 4 with player 23 or under in NBA history? Answer = 2
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...4&order_by=pts

In NBA history at any age? Answer = 6
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...4&order_by=pts

How many times has this been accomplished: 45, 7, 2 with player under the age of 23? Answer = 41
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=&order_by=pts

With 70% or higher on field goals? Answer = 9
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...7&order_by=pts

With 3pt % of 50% or higher? Answer = 3 (you have to count)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...7&order_by=pts

Conclusion: the overrated player Harden, on a team with whom he did not have training camp, did something that only one other player had ever done (in his first game with Houston). In his second game, he did something that only two others had done in relative NBA history.

That is elite and worth the contract.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    What were YOU willing to give up after Kanter's preseason though? The only member who really stepped up was billyshelby. I didn't even set myself onto a cut branch. Neither did NUMBERICA (crediting his post commentary).
    I said that I would have traded anyone and anything on the team for harden, including either favors or kanter (not both) along with someone else and picks. Guys like Harden are very rare and we missed a great opportunity. Fortunately, I can console myself with the fact that, according to Jazzfanz, once Burks gets some minutes he will make Harden look like a chump.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    I said that I would have traded anyone and anything on the team for harden, including either favors or kanter (not both) along with someone else and picks. Guys like Harden are very rare and we missed a great opportunity. Fortunately, I can console myself with the fact that, according to Jazzfanz, once Burks gets some minutes he will make Harden look like a chump.
    Great post. Please add this to your well deserved spot in my post whoring thread so your forward looking genius can be forever enshrined on jazzfanz and easily located inside the halls of I TOLD YOU SO.

not sarcasm
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Great post. Please add this to your well deserved spot in my post whoring thread so your forward looking genius can be forever enshrined on jazzfanz and easily located inside the halls of I TOLD YOU SO.

not sarcasm
    An even greater post. Thanks for your recommendations.

My post was a response to an earlier one where it indicated that only one poster here had recommmended gettting Harden at just about any cost. I made my post above not to show my brilliance but to indicate that Harden's value was more obvious than too many homers here want to believe.

not sarcasm either.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont think people on jazzfanz think burks is better than harden (if they do they are dumb). Most of us just think he deserves more than 0 minutes per game..... that doesn't seem unreasonable.

Do you think burks should NEVER play?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I dont think people on jazzfanz think burks is better than harden (if they do they are dumb). Most of us just think he deserves more than 0 minutes per game..... that doesn't seem unreasonable.

Do you think burks should NEVER play?
    A few posters have put Burks in the same sentence with D Wade and J Harden. Pretty crazy.

Do I think he should never play? No way. I want to see him get minutes and see where he can get. Right now I suspect he is going to be average at best but who knows until we play him. I hope he surprises me hugely to the upside.

That said, I would have traded him and Hayward and anyone else for Harden in a heartbeat.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    A few posters have put Burks in the same sentence with D Wade and J Harden. Pretty crazy.

Do I think he should never play? No way. I want to see him get minutes and see where he can get. Right now I suspect he is going to be average at best but who knows until we play him. I hope he surprises me hugely to the upside.

That said, I would have traded him and Hayward and anyone else for Harden in a heartbeat.

Agreed.

As far as the burks being in the same sentence as d wade and harden, when they were rookies no one knew how good or bad they would be but im sure that the miami and okc fanbases made comparisons of them with great players as well.
    I have always compared burks to wade due to the way they both play: fast explosive guys that get the rim and free throw line, both with questionable outside shooting.
    I dont think he is similar to harden however.