Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    If it's a point of pride for them, aren't they committing the sin of pride?
    I think the sin of pride and being proud of something are two different things. I don't really know how LDS people feel, though. My choice of words may not have been exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I think the sin of pride and being proud of something are two different things. I don't really know how LDS people feel, though. My choice of words may not have been exactly right.
    Half of that was more of a stupid joke, but I have now realized it didn't come across that way...
    It started with Earl [Watson], Randy [Foye] and Marvin [Williams]–the veteran guys. I thought the young guys did a good job of following their lead getting us off to a good start. - referring to the Jazz/Bobcats game on 3/1/13

Earl, Randy, and Marvin started the first quarter 0-3, scored a whopping zero points, and finished with a turnover in the first quarter.

Your head coach of the Jazz ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I don't think it is a feeling of pride or being pleased with themselves when they can live up to the standards of the church. For those that truly believe in the teachings of the LDS faith, it is simply the way they are suppose to live and I think few even think it a sacrifice. Being happy is a choice - no matter the religious denomination or lack there of.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    I don't think it is a feeling of pride or being pleased with themselves when they can live up to the standards of the church. For those that truly believe in the teachings of the LDS faith, it is simply the way they are suppose to live and I think few even think it a sacrifice. Being happy is a choice - no matter the religious denomination or lack there of.
    I can attest to that. They like to go to church, don't miss things like swearing, coffee, cigs and alcohol. After a while it is just the way you are.

Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    The crux of my statement for the lack of my objectivity was more of his religious attack, not my opiate statement specifically. How religion acts for people has nothing to do with his consistent attacks.

I'm not making an argument that religion is more attractive at all. I really don't care what other people are doing, as long as what their faith is has some sort of positive effect on their life, and they let me to freely practice my own faith as well.

Rep'd.

PS: PKM, I give your trolling a solid 1.7/10.
    Well, that's good I guess .... Cuz there's no trolling. Perhaps you should give my non-trolling posts a solid .0000001.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

I had a JW try to prosleytize me this summer while I was in North Dakota. Nice man but rather odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jazz Fan View Post
    I had a JW try to prosleytize me this summer while I was in North Dakota. Nice man but rather odd.
    Woah, there is an old timer that we don't see often around these parts any more. Were you working the oil rigs in ND? I know a couple dudes from here that have gone up there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Maybe misinformed but dumb? If I do not know about exceptions in islam when it comes to pork that does not make it dumb, sorry. They do not teach those things in Universities I attended. You see muslim terrorists in USA prisons complaining about violations of their rights and demanding halal meats - because according to them that they can't eat non halal beef so who would have though they are allowed to eat pork...
    What in the **** is halal meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Woah, there is an old timer that we don't see often around these parts any more. Were you working the oil rigs in ND? I know a couple dudes from here that have gone up there.
    No oil rigs. Filled in for one of 6 open sales routes. Williston was about 4 hours west of where I was. Glad that's over...

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    What in the **** is halal meat?
    The oversimpified version: the Islamic equivalent of kosher.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell