Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My only hope in life is that Corbin is playing Foye and Tinsley extra minutes because he wants to package one of them with Jefferson in a trade.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    My only hope in life is that Corbin is playing Foye and Tinsley extra minutes because he wants to package one of them with Jefferson in a trade.
    Or he hopes one or both will break down, get injured, and free up time for Sir Alec.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think I've figured it out. The only way Corbin will play our young guys is if the young guys become the old guys!

Check this out: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6gok7p

Yeah we take on Hedo's **** contract, but he's injured so who cares, and it's not like we'll be over the luxury next year. Favors all of a sudden becomes the 2nd most seasoned front court player and Burks will get to 'earn his minutes' before Watson comes back, forcing Corbin to make Foye the odd man out.....And we get rid of Bell too, so there's that.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks getting two DNP-CD's in the last two games is downright ****ing inexcusable. Hey Ty, **** you.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Burks getting two DNP-CD's in the last two games is downright ****ing inexcusable. Hey Ty, **** you.
    It is rather ****ty. I don't see any reason why he isn't getting at least 18-20 minutes of playing time. Corbin is a son of a bitch.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks should be playing. It is mind numbing that Ty keeps one of our guys who seems to have a knack for getting to the free throw line rotting on the bench.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Man **** this team. All the excitement coming into this season is fading.

Too much Al, too little Favors, and Burks.

Same old Jazz
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Man **** this team. All the excitement coming into this season is fading.

Too much Al, too little Favors, and Burks.

Same old Jazz
    Yeah, and I know it's easy to get down after back to back losses but the last two games weren't just losses. The team looked disinterested and we got a bunch of the same old **** from last year. I've been hating on Burks but secretly I was hoping he would prove me wrong, but he can't prove me wrong because he's had 2 min total in three games. Seems like the guy has at least enough potential to get a little playing time.

If Al's going to continue to be an idiot, Hayward is going to continue to hesitate, Favors is going to continue to be passive, Burks isn't going to get any playing time, the team isn't going to run then what the hell am I watching for?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Yeah, and I know it's easy to get down after back to back losses but the last two games weren't just losses. The team looked disinterested and we got a bunch of the same old **** from last year. I've been hating on Burks but secretly I was hoping he would prove me wrong, but he can't prove me wrong because he's had 2 min total in three games. Seems like the guy has at least enough potential to get a little playing time.

If Al's going to continue to be an idiot, Hayward is going to continue to hesitate, Favors is going to continue to be passive, Burks isn't going to get any playing time, the team isn't going to run then what the hell am I watching for?
    See here they start coming around when they noticed the Mavs win was just against a God awful team and that the minutes guys got then was the rotation Ty was going to stick with!!!

Free burks!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Last night's game was a good time to get Burks some heavy minutes. SA plays small ball both in their first and second unit, with Duncan and Splitter as their only legitimate bigs, and neither on the court at the same time. Their PFs Bonner and Diaw can stretch the floor like a guard. The Jazz were not getting much inside all night, especially the second unit with Favors and Kanter, so my question to Corbin is why play two bigs, not run any plays for them, and expect the results to be positive? This lineup seems like it would be ideal against a small ball lineup:

Jefferson/Favors
    Ma Williams
    Hayward
    Burks
    Mo Williams

You get four three point shooters, three slashers/playmakers, and overall have the footspeed necessary to fight over screens and guard the three point line very well. Millsap played well but probably could sacrifice some minutes at PF to WIlliams. Kanter realistically shouldn't have been used at all in this game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Last night's game was a good time to get Burks some heavy minutes. SA plays small ball both in their first and second unit, with Duncan and Splitter as their only legitimate bigs, and neither on the court at the same time. Their PFs Bonner and Diaw can stretch the floor like a guard. The Jazz were not getting much inside all night, especially the second unit with Favors and Kanter, so my question to Corbin is why play two bigs, not run any plays for them, and expect the results to be positive? This lineup seems like it would be ideal against a small ball lineup:

Jefferson/Favors
    Ma Williams
    Hayward
    Burks
    Mo Williams

You get four three point shooters, three slashers/playmakers, and overall have the footspeed necessary to fight over screens and guard the three point line very well. Millsap played well but probably could sacrifice some minutes at PF to WIlliams. Kanter realistically shouldn't have been used at all in this game.
    I think that lineup would be alot of fun

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Let me be on the record that if Burks has a bad attitude then I want him sitting on the bench.

In every interview I've heard with him he talks about being overlooked and that gives him motivation to be better.

I can't think of any better motivation than Tinsley playing and Burks not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Let me be on the record that if Burks has a bad attitude then I want him sitting on the bench.

In every interview I've heard with him he talks about being overlooked and that gives him motivation to be better.

I can't think of any better motivation than Tinsley playing and Burks not.
    I dunno .. I might not find that motivating at all.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I dunno .. I might not find that motivating at all.
    You have no ambition in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I could see it motivating during a rookie season, not as a soph that had a better pre-season than three players ahead of you. I would find that quite demotivating.