Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

I've been on this board since it started, and sometimes I think the collective opinion of the board trumps the Jazz coaches. Ty is simply a hard head like Jerry. They have no foresight and it's why the Jazz remain stuck in mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    If Price were still here, then yes, sadly, that would be the case. But Price is new in Portland so he wouldn't know their system any better than Lillard. And Nolan Smith isn't even a vet. He's in his second year.
    Milt Palacio was new in the Jazz system when he started over D-Will. I really believe the Sloan/Corbin philosophy to coaching is to be an over the top authoritarian figure on the lottery picks... we want to break them or something. I honestly don't understand why we are so infatuated with vets and undrafted/2nd round players so much. The only rookies that ever got significant burn their first season was Millsap and Wesley Matthews. Two players that couldn't sniff the lottery.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Murphy gets playing time before Burks because he's "competing in practice" (Note: I'm not predicting this will happen, I'm just stating that I wouldn't be surprised anymore.)

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    Milt Palacio was new in the Jazz system when he started over D-Will. I really believe the Sloan/Corbin philosophy to coaching is to be an over the top authoritarian figure on the lottery picks... we want to break them or something. I honestly don't understand why we are so infatuated with vets and undrafted/2nd round players so much. The only rookies that ever got significant burn their first season was Millsap and Wesley Matthews. Two players that couldn't sniff the lottery.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Murphy gets playing time before Burks because he's "competing in practice" (Note: I'm not predicting this will happen, I'm just stating that I wouldn't be surprised anymore.)
    Do you really believe Sloan hindered Deron Williams by playing him only 28ppg as a rookie, or is this pouring out of then fan anger over "Sloan taking D-Will's Rookie of the Year award away"?

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Do you really believe Sloan hindered Deron Williams by playing him only 28ppg as a rookie, or is this pouring out of then fan anger over "Sloan taking D-Will's Rookie of the Year award away"?
    28 a game is a whole lot more burn then Burks is getting in practice!!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    28 a game is a whole lot more burn then Burks is getting in practice!!!
    The Utah Jazz will play 41 home games and 41 road games this season.

What a way to try and hijack a thread buddy. To no avail.....
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

The Utah Jazz will play 41 home games and 41 road games this season.
    Are you sure?
    I thought the Jazz had already played some games already, or did they up the amount of games the Jazz are playing this year?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Who is the other PG in Portland? I get what you are saying but Portland doesn't have anyone threataning him for pt.
    Utah doesn't have anybody who should be threatening Burks for pt either. This "controversy" is entirely fabricated by the Jazz coaching staff.

Tinsley was retired before last season. Dude was out of the league. If he was in Portland, taking minutes from Burks (also in Portland), Jazz fans would be laughing at the incompetence.

Play Foye, dude has earned his minutes and I think has even earned a new contract.

But play him at Tinsley's expense, and give Burks 20 minutes per game at the other backup guard spot. Both Foye and Burks can play both guard spots.

Tinsley has shown that he can no longer play any position. He's washed up (and wasn't even that great in his prime, and was a cancer to boot).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Are you sure?
    I thought the Jazz had already played some games already, or did they up the amount of games the Jazz are playing this year?
    He didn't say "still have to play." Moran.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    The only thing that I was excited about this year was watching the young guys develop...
    This. Why bother watching the AJ show? I like AJ, he apparently has a good attitude, but goddamn am I already tired of seeing him and his push shot. When was the last time he even got to the line? I mean, seriously, I don't really remember seeing him at the line, like, ever.

I think we all wanted to see the young core play/develop. I certainly didn't have high expectations for the Jazz this year except that I wanted to see more Favors, Burks, and Kanter. I guess my expectations were STILL too high.

Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    In portlands defense Lillard is playing better right now than Burks ever has. I do want burks to get some PT though, just not sure where and how exactly, I think Foye is a better player right now but you've got to get Burks 10-15 a game at least.
    Burks, in preseason and summer league played comparable to what Lillard did during those times. The difference now is that Lillard is getting an opportunity and green light Burks has never enjoyed on the Jazz.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlejazzfan View Post
    Burks, in preseason and summer league played comparable to what Lillard did during those times. The difference now is that Lillard is getting an opportunity and green light Burks has never enjoyed on the Jazz.
    Believe it or not summer league and preseason dont mean a whole hell of a lot. A lot of people kill it in summer league and preseason and dont do **** in the NBA.

With maybe the exception of Hayward --Favors, Kanter, and Burks have seemed to wilt since the preseason. Kanter dominated in the preseason, but looked lost in the Spurs game and favors barely got 2 rebounds. There not doing much and they are supposed to be the future All Stars of the team. Maybe, based on practice, Burks has taken an even further step back in the regular season than Favors and Kanter did and that is why he isn't playing?

Looking around the league, I see Andrew Nicholson, who was apparently playing well in the summer league and preseason getting 9 minutes a game for Orlando of all teams. PJIII and Jeremy Lamb haven't seen the floor for OKC yet. The Rockets have yet to play Terrence Jones or Montejunas, even though they looked pretty good in the preseason/summer league. So it's not just us....but those are all 1st year players compared to our 2/3rd years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    Looking around the league, I see Andrew Nicholson, who was apparently playing well in the summer league and preseason getting 9 minutes a game for Orlando of all teams. PJIII and Jeremy Lamb haven't seen the floor for OKC yet. The Rockets have yet to play Terrence Jones or Montejunas, even though they looked pretty good in the preseason/summer league. So it's not just us....but those are all 1st year players compared to our 2/3rd years.
    Well Scotty Brooks sucks just as bad as corbing apparently! Thank you for the logical post, everyone needs to relax, NBA coaches and FO know a god damn ton of a lot more about basketball, judging talent, and coaching than all of us combined. I am confident there is a good reason that he isnt playing right now.