Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    You can't be serious. I know he has a lot of deficiencies to his game, but he does bring a lot that Foye and Burks just flat out can't. If you can't see that you're blind.
    But he cant dunk it!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    So, Burks has yet to come into a game a second time. Come on, Corbin, enough of this Tinsley crap and just play Burks and Foye together in the back court. I'm guessing it'll take Corbin another 5 games to try this? He's seemingly always two steps behind.
    Doesn't Tinsley have some more Dental work to get done?????
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You can't be serious. I know he has a lot of deficiencies to his game, but he does bring a lot that Foye and Burks just flat out can't. If you can't see that you're blind.
    Like what? What does Tinsley do, at this stage of his career, that Foye just flat out can't do?

I see Tinsley slowly bring the ball over half court, pass it to someone else, stand around until the play is over, and then get embarrassed on defense. This is literally all I have seen from Tinsley all season.

He's not Stockton. He's not "directing the offense" or any other such nonsense. He's not setting picks. He's not even drawing a defender or creating anything for anyone. He's simply bringing the ball over half court, passing it off, and then standing around. Every once in a while he'll actually take a shot (because nobody has guarded him all season) but he never hits that shot.

I'm 100% positive Foye could do this (and much more).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So you are saying that foye and burks do not possess the ABILITY to bring the ball up the court and pass it to someone else? If that is what you are saying then you are wrong, as i have seen each of them do it before.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    So you are saying that foye and burks do not possess the ABILITY to bring the ball up the court and pass it to someone else? If that is what you are saying then you are wrong, as i have seen each of them do it before.
    Foye has played some point guard every year he's been in the league. He was never a "great" point guard, but let's face it, Tinsley certainly isn't "great" at this stage off his career either.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Like what? What does Tinsley do, at this stage of his career, that Foye just flat out can't do?

I see Tinsley slowly bring the ball over half court, pass it to someone else, stand around until the play is over, and then get embarrassed on defense. This is literally all I have seen from Tinsley all season.

He's not Stockton. He's not "directing the offense" or any other such nonsense. He's not setting picks. He's not even drawing a defender or creating anything for anyone. He's simply bringing the ball over half court, passing it off, and then standing around. Every once in a while he'll actually take a shot (because nobody has guarded him all season) but he never hits that shot.

I'm 100% positive Foye could do this (and much more).
    Tinsley has about twice as many assists in about half as many minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck View Post
    What? Tinsley, a PG who's incapable of doing anything except pass the ball, has more assists than a spot-up SG?? Shocking.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    What? Tinsley, a PG who's incapable of doing anything except pass the ball, has more assists than a spot-up SG?? Shocking.
    And we want the alternative, which is making that spot up SG a PG, which history has shown he's bad at, noticeably so when compared to his ability as the spot up SG.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    And we want the alternative, which is making that spot up SG a PG, which history has shown he's bad at, noticeably so when compared to his ability as the spot up SG.
    I agree with that. I just don't think Tinsley is good enough. The Jazz should be looking for a decent backup PG.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Put Foye at pg and he'll get more assists. The fact that he is getting assists at sg should be evidence enough that he'd be getting even more as a pg.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Put Foye at pg and he'll get more assists. The fact that he is getting assists at sg should be evidence enough that he'd be getting even more as a pg.
    Foye would have to be better than that idiot Raymond Felton, as they are very similar players. Teams still use Felton at that position, so why can't the Jazz use Foye there sparingly for the time being.
    Tinsley should definitely be on the court every single game, but just not for as many minutes.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Have you even looked at Foye's history as a PG? His assist rate is terrible as a PG compared to bad passing PGs in the league.

He's a BAD POINT GUARD. History says this. He's a GOOD SHOOTING GUARD. Why do you want to turn a good player into a bad one?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Foye would have to be better than that idiot Raymond Felton, as they are very similar players. Teams still use Felton at that position, so why can't the Jazz use Foye there sparingly for the time being.
    Tinsley should definitely be on the court every single game, but just not for as many minutes.
    How are they similar exactly? I would not think of Felton as a comparison for Foye. Felton is a PG, has been a PG his whole life. Foye has always been an undersized scoring guard. Not the same.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    And yet Foye's assist rate isn't anywhere near Felton's, even when Foye played PG most of the time, like in Minnesota.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    How are they similar exactly? I would not think of Felton as a comparison for Foye. Felton is a PG, has been a PG his whole life. Foye has always been an undersized scoring guard. Not the same.
    I suppose I was looking at body type and height as opposed to actually assist rates.
    They're both bigger/fatter type of players that can dribble the ball well.
    Obviously Felton is a better passer, but has been a strict point guard for a lot longer.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson