Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    I suppose I was looking at body type and height as opposed to actually assist rates.
    They're both bigger/fatter type of players that can dribble the ball well.
    Obviously Felton is a better passer, but has been a strict point guard for a lot longer.
    So what was your point then?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is Foye's 7th year. He's not just suddenly going to become a PG. And I'm not saying that he shouldn't be played as one, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest that Foye would be a worse player than Tinsley at the position, all things considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    So what was your point then?
    The point is..... we're all looking for ways to get Burks on the court, but nobody can agree on a situation.
    What if Burks can hit shots at the rate he was hitting them in summer league and the pre-season? Can he then share minutes with Foye at SG?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The point is..... we're all looking for ways to get Burks on the court, but nobody can agree on a situation.
    What if Burks can hit shots at the rate he was hitting them in summer league and the pre-season? Can he then share minutes with Foye at SG?
    Not really. Players - especially scorers - usually need time to get rhythm.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Not really. Players - especially scorers - usually need time to get rhythm.
    So when is Burks going to get a chance to develop some rhythm?
    Or do we have to be up by 30 on a team to get him any time.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Two steps behind who? You?
    How about everyone? He manages to do a lot of the things posters here suggest, he just does them when it's way too late.

-took him till game 4 of the 2012 playoff series to start Favors
    -took him till game 4 to experiment with Carroll guarding Parker
    -took him most of the season to realize that Burks deserved minutes over CJ and Braille
    -it seems like they've ran Favors in the pick and roll a little more the past few games, as well as letting him play a face up/slashing game and less posting up. Something everyone has been saying to do for...how long?

These are just off the top of my head. I predict Corbin will eventually find more minutes for Burks by playing Foye and he together at the guard spots, he'll just get there at a snail's pace.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I still believe Alec could do what tinsley is doing at this point, but with the added effect of being able to make something happen when the shot clock runs down. Get the ball across the half line, and dish it off? Alec can do this. Alec is at 6 asts per 36 mins, with a 23% ast%. Both good for 3rd best on the team. (Also hasn't turned the ball over once yet )... Not saying this will hold true with more minutes, but he IS capable of finding the open man, and is light years better than tinsley at scoring and staying with his man.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If he is hitting them at his preseason rate he is a hall of famer ..... minue the free throws obviously

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So when is Burks going to get a chance to develop some rhythm?
    Or do we have to be up by 30 on a team to get him any time.
    You're preaching to the choir. I think Burks should be in, and the debate should be about which two of Tinsley, Carroll, and Foye should get to play. Foye has been making a pretty good case, honestly. Tinsley still has his usefulness, too. And Carroll.

It's interesting. But I think that all things considered, Burks deserves the nod until he proves he's not deserving. Not giving him a chance is ****ing criminal.
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    How about everyone? He manages to do a lot of the things posters here suggest, he just does them when it's way too late.

-took him till game 4 of the 2012 playoff series to start Favors
    -took him till game 4 to experiment with Carroll guarding Parker
    -took him most of the season to realize that Burks deserved minutes over CJ and Braille
    -it seems like they've ran Favors in the pick and roll a little more the past few games, as well as letting him play a face up/slashing game and less posting up. Something everyone has been saying to do for...how long?

These are just off the top of my head. I predict Corbin will eventually find more minutes for Burks by playing Foye and he together at the guard spots, he'll just get there at a snail's pace.
    A good - even if kind of depressing - post.
    I think he can play SF

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    You're preaching to the choir. I think Burks should be in, and the debate should be about which two of Tinsley, Carroll, and Foye should get to play. Foye has been making a pretty good case, honestly. Tinsley still has his usefulness, too. And Carroll.

It's interesting. But I think that all things considered, Burks deserves the nod until he proves he's not deserving. Not giving him a chance is ****ing criminal.
    I want Burks to play more like many of us here do, though I don't really like that logic. It's as bad as playing veterans just because they're veterans.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck View Post
    Have you even looked at Foye's history as a PG? His assist rate is terrible as a PG compared to bad passing PGs in the league.

He's a BAD POINT GUARD. History says this. He's a GOOD SHOOTING GUARD. Why do you want to turn a good player into a bad one?
    He may be a bad point guard, but Tinsley is a terrible point guard these days. Foye couldn't possibly be any worse. At least the defense would have to guard him. He deserves a chance in the Jazz system.

Plus, that would allow Burks to play, who is also much better than Tinsley and will get even better with minutes.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    He may be a bad point guard, but Tinsley is a terrible point guard these days. Foye couldn't possibly be any worse. At least the defense would have to guard him. He deserves a chance in the Jazz system.

Plus, that would allow Burks to play, who is also much better than Tinsley and will get even better with minutes.
    I dont think you understand that sometimes putting 5 guys out there who are shoot first players is a bad idea. Not saying Tinsley isn't bad but he serves a purpose, bring the ball up and "attempt" give other player scoring opportunities. Burks and Foye don't do that, they shouldn't have to do that, its not their game. Tinsley could certainly be upgraded but I see what Ty is trying to do.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont think you understand that sometimes putting 5 guys out there who are shoot first players is a bad idea. Not saying Tinsley isn't bad but he serves a purpose, bring the ball up and "attempt" give other player scoring opportunities. Burks and Foye don't do that, they shouldn't have to do that, its not their game. Tinsley could certainly be upgraded but I see what Ty is trying to do.
    Foye absolutely has done that throughout his career. He may not have averaged 12 assists per game at any point, but he's never had a problem getting the ball across half court abs passing it.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Foye absolutely has done that throughout his career. He may not have averaged 12 assists per game at any point, but he's never had a problem getting the ball across half court abs passing it.
    Foye doesnt want to do that either man, he wants to shoot the freaking ball, a lot, thats his skill. Tinsley is an underrated passer, he controls the game, he cant shoot, score, or play d but he is a pretty good passer. He can get others involved, or at least he used to be able to. All I'm saying is Burks is not a PG at all, not even a little bit. An Foye is not much of a PG either. Tinsley is 100% PG, he is not great anymore but he doesn't screw everything up when he goes in the game either.