Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 610

Thread: Free Alec Burks

  1. #346
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,351
    Total Rep Points
    13767
    Rep Adjustment Power
    66
    I can see why some would want Foye/Burks at PG instead of Tinsley, but consistency is going to suffer greatly for the 2nd unit if that happens. I would predict the 2nd unit offense would have games were it was just ugly basketball all the time. I think Tinsley brings a calming effect to the 2nd unit that is usually needed.

    I would be interested in trying it out though just to see what happens. I would assume it would work some games, but I would also think we would have a lot more quick shots and just flat out wasted possessions.

  2. #347
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Total Rep Points
    1026
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Foye doesnt want to do that either man, he wants to shoot the freaking ball, a lot, thats his skill. Tinsley is an underrated passer, he controls the game, he cant shoot, score, or play d but he is a pretty good passer. He can get others involved, or at least he used to be able to. All I'm saying is Burks is not a PG at all, not even a little bit. An Foye is not much of a PG either. Tinsley is 100% PG, he is not great anymore but he doesn't screw everything up when he goes in the game either.
    If Foye doesn't want to, then let Burks.

    Anyone can bring the ball across half court and then pass it to someone else. That is all Tinsley does these days.

  3. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    If Foye doesn't want to, then let Burks.

    Anyone can bring the ball across half court and then pass it to someone else. That is all Tinsley does these days.
    You clearly dont understand basketball. If that was all a PG did then there would be no such thing as a PG. We will just have to agree to disagree.

  4. #349
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Total Rep Points
    1026
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    You clearly dont understand basketball. If that was all a PG did then there would be no such thing as a PG. We will just have to agree to disagree.
    I fully understand that a pg generally does more than that. My point is that Tinsley, at this stage of his career, is NOT doing more than that. He was washed up (and out of the league) several years ago.

  5. #350
    Senior Member bjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    916
    Total Rep Points
    1368
    Rep Adjustment Power
    14
    it'll be fun when Watson will come from his injury

  6. #351
    Senior Member jope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ogden City Limits
    Posts
    1,630
    Total Rep Points
    3191
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    I dont think you understand that sometimes putting 5 guys out there who are shoot first players is a bad idea. Not saying Tinsley isn't bad but he serves a purpose, bring the ball up and "attempt" give other player scoring opportunities. Burks and Foye don't do that, they shouldn't have to do that, its not their game. Tinsley could certainly be upgraded but I see what Ty is trying to do.
    Burks has a higher ast% than all but 2 people on this team, with 6 ast/36 mins and 0 turnovers. This won't stay this way with extended minutes, but saying he won't ever look to pass, or is incapable of "attempting to give other players scoring opportunities" is just flat-out wrong.

  7. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jope View Post
    Burks has a higher ast% than all but 2 people on this team, with 6 ast/36 mins and 0 turnovers. This won't stay this way with extended minutes, but saying he won't ever look to pass, or is incapable of "attempting to give other players scoring opportunities" is just flat-out wrong.
    Never said he isn't capable of making a pass that leads to a bucket. I'm saying he is not someone who plays like its hit job to get other involved, and I dont want him to be. He is a scorer, not a PG, not even a scoring PG.

  8. #353
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    8,225
    Total Rep Points
    7757
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Anyone can bring the ball across half court and then pass it to someone else. That is all Tinsley does these days.
    In the two preseason games against the Clippers, Foye adn Burks struggled to do just that.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  9. #354
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    686
    Total Rep Points
    902
    Rep Adjustment Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bjunior View Post
    it'll be fun when Watson will come from his injury
    In terms of minutes? I think he'd just replace Tinsley, no one else's minutes would go down.

  10. #355
    Senior Member bjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    916
    Total Rep Points
    1368
    Rep Adjustment Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    In terms of minutes? I think he'd just replace Tinsley, no one else's minutes would go down.
    the fun part is that we will want Tinsley back

  11. #356
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Total Rep Points
    1026
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    In the two preseason games against the Clippers, Foye adn Burks struggled to do just that.
    Foye also couldn't hit a shot for most of the preseason, but has been lighting it up since the season began.

    I wouldn't write him off just because of his preseason performance. Let him have a chance during a real game and go from there.

  12. #357
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,351
    Total Rep Points
    13767
    Rep Adjustment Power
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Foye also couldn't hit a shot for most of the preseason, but has been lighting it up since the season began.

    I wouldn't write him off just because of his preseason performance. Let him have a chance during a real game and go from there.

    Difference is Foye is a career 37% from deep. You know he can shoot because he has shot well for his entire career.

  13. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Total Rep Points
    1026
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Difference is Foye is a career 37% from deep. You know he can shoot because he has shot well for his entire career.
    He's also been able to bring the ball across half court his entire career. He's played a lot of minutes at pg every year. He may have never been an all star pg, but certainly good enough to bring the ball across half court and then pass it to someone else. And, unlike Tinsley, the defense would have to actually guard him, and he'd play decent defense on the other end.

  14.  

     

  15. #359
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,501
    Total Rep Points
    19045
    Rep Adjustment Power
    77
    What if we played Hayward with Foye and burks, and let Hayward run the offense??
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

  16. #360
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    11,892
    Total Rep Points
    23721
    Rep Adjustment Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    What if we played Hayward with Foye and burks, and let Hayward run the offense??
    If we're going to play Burks and Foye together, Hayward is probably as good an option as any as the third perimeter player. I certainly think this combination is worth experimenting with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •