Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    He's also been able to bring the ball across half court his entire career.
    Jesus. Just stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wouldn't write him off just because of his preseason performance. Let him have a chance during a real game and go from there.
    Shotmaking is known to have a lot of randomness. I was unaware that the ability to dribble the ball over half-court and start the offense was also subject to wild randomness.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Shotmaking is known to have a lot of randomness. I was unaware that the ability to dribble the ball over half-court and start the offense was also subject to wild randomness.
    Ha Ha there should be a stat for bringing the ball across half court with ease per game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well the guy has played many minutes at pg every season he's been in the league. I'm not aware of any lingering problem he's had bringing the ball over half court during those many years.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well the guy has played many minutes at pg every season he's been in the league. I'm not aware of any lingering problem he's had bringing the ball over half court during those many years.
    Neither was I. Of course, I didn't really pay attention to him, either. Did you?
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have watched every minute Foye has played in his NBA career. Every god damn second.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Neither was I. Of course, I didn't really pay attention to him, either. Did you?
    No, lol, I have to admit I never really cared about him.

Still though, why would every team he's ever played on play him at pg, if he couldn't even get the ball across half court?

I fully admit that he's never been a great pg. But we all know Tinsley isn't great either, so the bar he has to beat is pretty low.

Foye, a still relatively young player, who's been an adequate backup pg his entire career, vs Tinsley, an adequate starting pg his entire career, but is old as dirt and was washed up and out of the league several years ago.

That's the argument on paper. Now let's see the argument on the court. We've seen Tinsley's, now let's see Foye's (and Burks too).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just some randomness... I played 2K13 for the first time today (finally), and Burks is the best player to control on the Jazz. He is fast.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Free Alec Burks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    I think a system where all users can aspire to someday be as hawt and sexay as PKM is something all websites should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Free Alec Burks!!!!!

THAT AND
    Lock Up Jefferson
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Can we please end the irrational love affair with Burks? Dude simply can't hit a shot other than driving layups. I'm more comfortable with Howard shooting free throws and CJ chucking 3s than Burks shooting outside of 10 feet. I'm convinced that generally you can't teach someone to be a good shooter. People back off Burks the way they used to with Brewer. Wasted pick.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb1820 View Post
    Can we please end the irrational love affair with Burks? Dude simply can't hit a shot other than driving layups. I'm more comfortable with Howard shooting free throws and CJ chucking 3s than Burks shooting outside of 10 feet. I'm convinced that generally you can't teach someone to be a good shooter. People back off Burks the way they used to with Brewer. Wasted pick.
    They don't back off him the way they back off Tinsley, that's for sure.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks is pressing, like any young player who gets sporadic minutes. Although he does need to stop trying to draw and absorb contact on every single play. Only Kobe gets all those calls.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb1820 View Post
    He's only 21. He can become a good shooter if he works at it. You are right, you cannot teach someone to be a good shooter. It happens through repetition. Practicing shooting over and over and over and over. If Burks is in the gym non-stop working on his shot, he could become a good shooter. It's all about how hard he is willing to work.
    Could he end up being a bad player? Certainly, but I'd say it's far too early to call him a wasted pick, especially when he is such a raw player.
    He could also stand to improve his playmaking ability.

Corey Brewer could not shoot at all when he came into the NBA and he seems to have gotten a lot better.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In almost any other case I would say Burks has deserved his limited minutes, and I'm a huge supporter. However, playing in his head coach's non-existent offensive system and the fear he has of getting yanked to the bench I'll give Burks a bit of a pass here.