Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    In almost any other case I would say Burks has deserved his limited minutes, and I'm a huge supporter. However, playing in his head coach's non-existent offensive system and the fear he has of getting yanked to the bench I'll give Burks a bit of a pass here.
    This. This. THIS.

There are a lot of players being misused on this roster. An example of that is Favors: He should be used in pick & roll type plays MUCH more often. This Jazz offense just isn't cutting it as is.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb1820 View Post
    Can we please end the irrational love affair with Burks? Dude simply can't hit a shot other than driving layups. I'm more comfortable with Howard shooting free throws and CJ chucking 3s than Burks shooting outside of 10 feet. I'm convinced that generally you can't teach someone to be a good shooter. People back off Burks the way they used to with Brewer. Wasted pick.
    In the pre-season and summer league he could shoot. (led the team in 3 point percentage in pre-season)

So i think he CAN shoot, he just hasn't gotten the minutes to show it in the regular season... last night he shot horribly, but so does everyone in the nba on certain nights. Soon there will be either an injury or the jazz will lose a bunch and ty will play him or he will eventually beat out someone else for some minutes.
    In time we will find out what we have with burks, but as of now i dont think anyone really knows how he will turn out. (I still have faith in him being a very good player, but i could be wrong)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    In almost any other case I would say Burks has deserved his limited minutes, and I'm a huge supporter. However, playing in his head coach's non-existent offensive system and the fear he has of getting yanked to the bench I'll give Burks a bit of a pass here.
    Burks has been brutal so far, absolutely atrocious. But yes, some of this must certainly fall on the coaching. It is terrible to see a second year player regress as much as it seems so far.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    the corbin head games are screwing with ty's game
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    you know TyCo is really an A-Ho sometimes.
    why he gotta do Alec like this? Except maybe sexual favors, Burks is prolly the most physically talented guy on the roster

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    you know TyCo is really an A-Ho sometimes.
    why he gotta do Alec like this? Except maybe sexual favors, Burks is prolly the most physically talented guy on the roster
    I thought you were being sarcastic and then I saw your username ..... Welcome back I guess.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    why would u think im being sarcastic? u deny alec's athletic ability??
    good to be back, pal.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward has been wildy inconsistent, but is given the time. He has periods where his shot is way off, and he is never out of the rotation.
    Burks has to be given time every game even if it's only 10 mins. He's got to be in every game.

If Hayward is given the chance to make errors, why not Burks?
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Hayward has been wildy inconsistent, but is given the time. He has periods where his shot is way off, and he is never out of the rotation.
    Burks has to be given time every game even if it's only 10 mins. He's got to be in every game.

If Hayward is given the chance to make errors, why not Burks?
    agreed. do u think race has anything to do w/ it? im not saying it does. just a question.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Young players need time to develop, how can Burks develop without getting playing time ?

Ive never seen any Franchise that can kill talented playsers consistently like the Utah Jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    (outrageous comment alert)

Sounds like the Jazz need to be downgraded to an NBDL team where it's all about developing talent and the wins don't really mean anything. Anybody remember the days when players came into the league with four years of college under them ready to immediately make an impact on the team? No, really, does anybody, because I wasn't there, not that old just yet, but seriously, it would be nice. That's why we have an NBDL affiliate team and Burks and the other guy need to go there and develop so that they can actually contribute to the team when they are on the floor. Burks doesn't have a consistant shot? NBDL. Burks doesn't know how to follow an offence? NBDL! Burks doesn't know how to play when there are four other talented players around him? NB-- yeah, you get the picture. I am done crying for minutes for the young players. If they can't produce right now in real game time situations, they can sit their tails on our NBDL affiliate team until they get it. If that pisses them off, they are too arrogant to become anything.

Edit: oh by the way, unless I'm mistaken, they took away the restriction where teams could only send players down a limited time, so there's no fear of wasting that. If anyone can confirm this, that'd be great.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Ive never seen any Franchise that can kill talented playsers consistently like the Utah Jazz.
    Like, for instance? Shandon Anderson? Quincy Lewis? Howard Eisley? Curtis Borchardt? Morris Almond? Dee Brown? Jarron Collins? Raul Lopez? Jacque Vaughn? Greg Ostertag? Paul Milsap? DeShawn Stevenson? Robert Whaley? Jeremy Evans? Who are we talking here? Karl Malone? John Stockton? Blue Edwards? Thurl Bailey? Bobby Hansen? Mark Eaton?

Could you be saying the Jazz ruined awesome players like Kirk Snyder? or Kris Humphries? or Eric Maynor, Kosta Koufos, Ronnie Brewer, CJ Miles, Mo Williams, and Deron Williams?

*sidenote -- did you know the Jazz drafted Greg Deane from Utah in 1979, Alan Taylor from BYU in 1980, and Steve Trumbo from BYU in 1982?
    ----------- and how could I leave this one out, a guy from Texas in 1985 named Mike Wacker.
    TREYBOT

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Like, for instance? Shandon Anderson? Quincy Lewis? Howard Eisley? Curtis Borchardt? Morris Almond? Dee Brown? Jarron Collins? Raul Lopez? Jacque Vaughn? Greg Ostertag? Paul Milsap? DeShawn Stevenson? Robert Whaley? Jeremy Evans? Who are we talking here? Karl Malone? John Stockton? Blue Edwards? Thurl Bailey? Bobby Hansen? Mark Eaton?

Could you be saying the Jazz ruined awesome players like Kirk Snyder? or Kris Humphries? or Eric Maynor, Kosta Koufos, Ronnie Brewer, CJ Miles, Mo Williams, and Deron Williams?

*sidenote -- did you know the Jazz drafted Greg Deane from Utah in 1979, Alan Taylor from BYU in 1980, and Steve Trumbo from BYU in 1982?
    ----------- and how could I leave this one out, a guy from Texas in 1985 named Mike Wacker.
    STFU! The Jazz would be a 70 win team if it wasnt for KOC and Corbin working in cahoots to keep these young hall of famers down! Kirk Snyder was a rare athlete with the heart of a champion and the skills of All Star.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    agreed. do u think race has anything to do w/ it? im not saying it does. just a question.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What are everyone's pedictions on when Burks will request a trade?