Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Given our options, any sensible coach would give Burks a regular rotation job of some kind. If he can't hack it, then you reshuffle. But there is an alignment of Burks/Hayward/Marvin/Foye that would work. The question is Ty committing to it.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    lol
    seriously tho. do you think it is a possibility?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What are everyone's pedictions on when Burks will request a trade?
    Kind of a catch 22 here. If he's the kind of player that would request a trade than he was never a Jazz player in the first place, but if he doesn't than there's nothing to worry about.

Race? You think Corbin who is about as black as you can get is going to sit a guy because he's black? Eh?

As for playing time, Burks won't get time on the court until he proves to be a better shooter than Foye, or until the team needs athleticism more than shooting because I haven't seen significant athleticism from foye.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Given our options, any sensible coach would give Burks a regular rotation job of some kind. If he can't hack it, then you reshuffle. But there is an alignment of Burks/Hayward/Marvin/Foye that would work. The question is Ty committing to it.
    Those 3 are all playing better than Burks has. I doubt Ty was planning on Foye playing this well, its kind of throwing a wrench in things.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Those 3 are all playing better than Burks has. I doubt Ty was planning on Foye playing this well, its kind of throwing a wrench in things.
    I think you mean to say: Those 3 are all playing.

Burks isn't playing so there is in fact no way for him to be playing better than hayward, foye, and marvin.

The point was that ty needs to find some minutes for burks on a REGULAR basis and find out if he deserves minutes in the rotation...... After giving him regular minutes in say maybe 10 games in a row and burks struggles badly the whole time, then keep him on the bench and jazzfanz would stop complaining.

Until burks gets a legitimate chance to prove himself (similar to the chances that marvin, foye, and hayward get) i will continue to complain about his lack of minutes.

Hayward continues to shoot a horrible %.... its ok keeps getting his minutes.
    Foye has an 0-7 game and continues to chuck.... its ok keeps getting his minutes. (and they actually increased after his 0-7 performance)
    Marvin is invisible on the court 2 out of every 3 games..... its ok keeps getting his minutes.
    Burks gets in the game once every 3 or 4 games for between 2 and 6 minutes and he struggles a bit..... bench him and never play him again!

I see your logic now kennykyle and it makes complete sense.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I think you mean to say: Those 3 are all playing.

Burks isn't playing so there is in fact no way for him to be playing better than hayward, foye, and marvin.

The point was that ty needs to find some minutes for burks on a REGULAR basis and find out if he deserves minutes in the rotation...... After giving him regular minutes in say maybe 10 games in a row and burks struggles badly the whole time, then keep him on the bench and jazzfanz would stop complaining.

Until burks gets a legitimate chance to prove himself (similar to the chances that marvin, foye, and hayward get) i will continue to complain about his lack of minutes.

Hayward continues to shoot a horrible %.... its ok keeps getting his minutes.
    Foye has an 0-7 game and continues to chuck.... its ok keeps getting his minutes. (and they actually increased after his 0-7 performance)
    Marvin is invisible on the court 2 out of every 3 games..... its ok keeps getting his minutes.
    Burks gets in the game once every 3 or 4 games for between 2 and 6 minutes and he struggles a bit..... bench him and never play him again!

I see your logic now kennykyle and it makes complete sense.
    Sooooo everyone else has to earn their minutes but Burks gets them handed to him because he is younger and he might do better, maybe, possibly.

I mean all 3 of them are playing better than Burks, not all 3 of them are playing, but all three of them are playing better than Burks, just like I originally typed it.

Burks is not playing a lot but he is shooting 20% from the field, 0% from 3, and 20% from the line. His D is not stellar, he tries hard but he isn't a good defender yet, gets lost off the ball all the time ( yes I go out of my way to watch him and him only when he comes into the game ) So you tell me how Alec has played in his limited minutes? Would not very good at all be appropriate? Or would terribly be appropriate? I'm sure if he got 25 min a game his stats would go up, he would probably shoot a little better, he would get to the line a few times but I mean he is shooting 20% so thats kind of a waste, he'd get beat on D pretty often but hell he has potential and is athletic so even though he isnt helping on offense either we can let that slide. I think maybe Ty is seeing stuff in practice that leads him to believe that Marvin, Gordon, and Foye are all better players right now, and you know what? He'd be right, they are all better players than Burks. So yeah I would love to see Burks get 10-15 minutes a game but I'd rather see the best player play. I'm sure thats Ty's train of thought also.

Hayward does everything better than Burks except get to the line, but Burks is shooting 20% from the line so who cares

Foye has been money lately so shut up with that stupid ass argument that he had one pretty bad shooting night. He is shooting 42.6% from 3, thats pretty good. Burks ... 0%

Marvin is shooting 47% this year thats not life changing but its pretty good, he is also a far superior defender who can guard 2 or 3 positions. Sure he dissapears on offense but who he plays solid D all the time.

Burks gets in every once in awhile and shoots 20% from the field, 0% from 3, and 20% from the line all the while being just a decent defender. But yeah lets sit one of these other guys. Carrol is alreay sitting, he was the only one who is not as good as Burks and Ty has benched him.

I want Burks to play, I just want him to play well enough to earn it. Thats all.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm just here for an update. Is Burks free yet?

Will he be free in time for tonight's game?
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sooooo everyone else has to earn their minutes but Burks gets them handed to him because he is younger and he might do better, maybe, possibly.

I mean all 3 of them are playing better than Burks, not all 3 of them are playing, but all three of them are playing better than Burks, just like I originally typed it.

Burks is not playing a lot but he is shooting 20% from the field, 0% from 3, and 20% from the line. His D is not stellar, he tries hard but he isn't a good defender yet, gets lost off the ball all the time ( yes I go out of my way to watch him and him only when he comes into the game ) So you tell me how Alec has played in his limited minutes? Would not very good at all be appropriate? Or would terribly be appropriate? I'm sure if he got 25 min a game his stats would go up, he would probably shoot a little better, he would get to the line a few times but I mean he is shooting 20% so thats kind of a waste, he'd get beat on D pretty often but hell he has potential and is athletic so even though he isnt helping on offense either we can let that slide. I think maybe Ty is seeing stuff in practice that leads him to believe that Marvin, Gordon, and Foye are all better players right now, and you know what? He'd be right, they are all better players than Burks. So yeah I would love to see Burks get 10-15 minutes a game but I'd rather see the best player play. I'm sure thats Ty's train of thought also.

Hayward does everything better than Burks except get to the line, but Burks is shooting 20% from the line so who cares

Foye has been money lately so shut up with that stupid ass argument that he had one pretty bad shooting night. He is shooting 42.6% from 3, thats pretty good. Burks ... 0%

Marvin is shooting 47% this year thats not life changing but its pretty good, he is also a far superior defender who can guard 2 or 3 positions. Sure he dissapears on offense but who he plays solid D all the time.

Burks gets in every once in awhile and shoots 20% from the field, 0% from 3, and 20% from the line all the while being just a decent defender. But yeah lets sit one of these other guys. Carrol is alreay sitting, he was the only one who is not as good as Burks and Ty has benched him.

I want Burks to play, I just want him to play well enough to earn it. Thats all.
    Foye is also shooting 40% from the field so shut up about that.
    And again you are missing the point.... myself and everyone else are NOT saying that burks should play big minutes and that foye, hayward, and marvin should be on the bench.
    We are just saying that burks should get some consistent minutes... Thats all. You are making this into a much bigger issue than it really is.
    Just give burks some minutes each game.... Not a ton of minutes, just a few every single game.
    As far as burks earning his minutes..... marvin, and foye just arrived this year and never had to earn thier minutes with the jazz. Burks has been here longer than both of them and did his best to earn his minutes in summer league and pre-season and what did he get for it? DNP's. What did marvin and foye do to earn thier minutes? From game number 1 they were given thier minutes.... it comes down once again to the fact that corbin loves vets.

But forget all of that because we are getting away from the point once again which is: Just give burks a few minutes every single game, not a lot of minutes, just a few. We used a lottery pick on the guy and he has shown alot of promise when he has been given regular playing time. There is a reason so many of us have wanted to see him play, and that reason is because when he has been given the opportunity (at time last year when bell and cj were hurt, summer league, college ball, pre-season) he has looked quite good.

So in summary, just give him 10 minutes in every game...... and dont make him earn them since foye, tinsley, marvin never had to earn thiers and dont see thier minutes go down when they play badly.... just be fair and treat burks similar to rest of the team.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye is also shooting 40% from the field so shut up about that.
    And again you are missing the point.... myself and everyone else are NOT saying that burks should play big minutes and that foye, hayward, and marvin should be on the bench.
    We are just saying that burks should get some consistent minutes... Thats all. You are making this into a much bigger issue than it really is.
    Just give burks some minutes each game.... Not a ton of minutes, just a few every single game.
    As far as burks earning his minutes..... marvin, and foye just arrived this year and never had to earn thier minutes with the jazz. Burks has been here longer than both of them and did his best to earn his minutes in summer league and pre-season and what did he get for it? DNP's. What did marvin and foye do to earn thier minutes? From game number 1 they were given thier minutes.... it comes down once again to the fact that corbin loves vets.

But forget all of that because we are getting away from the point once again which is: Just give burks a few minutes every single game, not a lot of minutes, just a few. We used a lottery pick on the guy and he has shown alot of promise when he has been given regular playing time. There is a reason so many of us have wanted to see him play, and that reason is because when he has been given the opportunity (at time last year when bell and cj were hurt, summer league, college ball, pre-season) he has looked quite good.

So in summary, just give him 10 minutes in every game...... and dont make him earn them since foye, tinsley, marvin never had to earn thiers and dont see thier minutes go down when they play badly.... just be fair and treat burks similar to rest of the team.
    Foye, Tinsley, and Marvin earned their minutes with previous succesful NBA play on their resume. So thats a dumb point. Foye is shooting 42% Burks 20%, Foye is shooting 42% from 3 Burks is shooting 0% from 3, So shut up about that.

Buttttttttt I do agree I would like to see Burks get 10 consistent minutes a game. I think that is possible, but once again, he isnt playing that well at all, so he probably isnt doing that much in practice either. I dont think Ty is just blindly sitting Burks for no good reason.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Foye, Tinsley, and Marvin earned their minutes with previous succesful NBA play on their resume. So thats a dumb point. Foye is shooting 42% Burks 20%, Foye is shooting 42% from 3 Burks is shooting 0% from 3, So shut up about that.

Buttttttttt I do agree I would like to see Burks get 10 consistent minutes a game. I think that is possible, but once again, he isnt playing that well at all, so he probably isnt doing that much in practice either. I dont think Ty is just blindly sitting Burks for no good reason.
    You are comparing apples to oranges with the shooting percentages.... The apples (marvin and foye) are getting consistant minutes and playing thier proper postitions with better players in the game with them. The orange (burks) is not getting any kind of consistent minutes and is playing small forward (not his position) and playing with less talented players

I do think that ty is blindly sitting burks for no good reason (unless you believe that he is being DNP'd due to his youth and inexperience is a good reason). So we will have to agree to disagree.
    I think ty has shown alot of deficiencies in his coaching ability quite often so far in his young career and i think giving DNP's to burks is one of those deficiencies.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Free alec burks?

I mean we are not that good anyway, might as well play him a little right?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Free alec burks?

I mean we are not that good anyway, might as well play him a little right?
    He hasn't earned minutes, k? I'll die before I let this franchise start "developing young talent". What kind of **** idea is that?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I never see Burks celebrating or just getting out of his seat after a big shot, that worries me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm not a huge Burks homer. In the draft, Leonard was my guy. That being said, apparently the Jazz deemed Burks better than Leonard. Why is the guy deemed better than Leonard buried on the bench? I'm not really an extremist. I don't think playing Burks will make us more competitive (and I don't think most people do, despite the hyperbole). On the flipside, I don't think the choice to play any of the other guys has much of an effect on games. The reality is that whether or not Burks plays will have no appreciable effect on the outcome of games or on the season as a whole. In this circumstance why do we defer to people not in long-term plans in the name of 'competitiveness' at the expense of those likely in the long-term plans in the name of 'the future' when the outcome of the here-and-now is exactly the same regardless the decision?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He was probably the happiest and most excited guy on the bench when al hit the 3 against toronto.

You hardly ever see him celebration for 2 reasons.... 1. he is pissed that he gets dnp's all the time (rightfully so imo).....2. because he is at the very end of the bench with murphy and those two are hardly ever even on screen since the camera usually is focused on the reaction of the guys who actually play and the head coach