Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Criminal not seeing Alec out there tonight.

Corbin with another head scratcher. Foye 4 pts in 22 mins? Hayward was all over the place. Carrol wasn't giving much.
    But still no Burks....
    Last edited by Revolution 9; 12-16-2012 at 04:30 AM.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeditiger View Post
    Personally I'm beginning to wonder if Burks "gets it" or even if he is good enough for PT. This is starting to remind me of the Mo Almond situation. Hopefully it doesn't turn out that way.
    Even if Burks' career ended this day (and it might as well be ended with Ty being a terrible ****ing head coach and refusing to ever play him) his career has been eons ahead of Almond's.

Almond scored in double digits a whopping 3 times in his career, with a career high of 12 points. Burks has racked up 17 double digit games, going for 18 in one of them. Just from the eye test it's obvious his talent is light years ahead of what Almond ever had.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 346 Posts left as of 11:25 PM MST on 11/24/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 58 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It is time to unleash him..... foye started off the year way scorching hot hitting on on crazy pecent from 3 so it was somewhat justified to not play burks much (although even then he should have getting SOME minutes). Now that foye has cooled off i think it is definately time to give burks a nice chunk of minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This whole Burks thing has completely turned me off to the Jazz. To me playing him is a no-brainer. And Corbin's love for Foye is something I cannot understand. He even has him playing more minutes than Hayward which is absolutely ridiculous.

Marvin has been very inconsistent as well -- so I would agree with people who are saying that both him and Foye should be sent packing along with Big Al to somehow find us a PG. If only we had been smart enough not to make the playoffs last year like Golden State and somehow had been able to get Lilliard, we'd be in business right now.

Heck, if we had treated AK better, he could still be with us. He's been playing the best of his career this year and playing well under control. Adelman is also giving him more minutes than we did and you can see the results for Minny. He's been their best player. Yeah, Love gets the stats because he's a selfish player but you'll notice Minny wins without him. In fact, the return of Rubio is more important to the Twolves than Love. I think if they gave Derrick Williams more minutes he will pan out, kind of like Burks with us. I'll lay odds that the Twolves end up with a better record than us this year -- one of their big pluses is that they have a better coach. Too bad we didn't get Adelman to take over from Jerry.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Burks sucks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Burks sucks.
    How are the fish biting today?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I guess Franklin knows from first-hand experience.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I guess Franklin knows from first-hand experience.
    Don't you mean "first mouth"?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The idea of receiving oral sex from a millionaire 20-something is not an insult.
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If only we had been smart enough not to make the playoffs last year like Golden State and somehow had been able to get Lilliard, we'd be in business right now.
    While it's nice to dream of how we could've gotten to land Lillard we would've just buried him on the bench and sent him to the D-league. Thank goodness for his career he went to Portland. If we drafted him he'd probably be in Reno right now instead of being far and away the leader for ROY.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dipship31 View Post
    While it's nice to dream of how we could've gotten to land Lillard we would've just buried him on the bench and sent him to the D-league. Thank goodness for his career he went to Portland. If we drafted him he'd probably be in Reno right now instead of being far and away the leader for ROY.
    Yup.

Wouldn't surprise me if agents started asking the jazz not to draft their players and telling their players to decline workouts here

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Yup.

Wouldn't surprise me if agents started asking the jazz not to draft their players and telling their players to decline workouts here

but we can sleep safely at night knowing the jazz will bring in the Foyes, Marvins, Bells, Earls, and Mo's of the world.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It'll be nice if Burks gets packaged with Millsap or Jefferson before the trade deadline just so this thread will die.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It'll be nice if Burks gets packaged with Millsap or Jefferson before the trade deadline just so this thread will die.
    Or they could...you know....play him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Or you could just ignore this thread and any other thread discussing playing the youth more.