Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Alec Burks

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    Who are the other young talents?
    The rest of our lottery picks.

Always been this way. It's stupid.

Some of the biggest scrubs were starting over DWill his rookie season. It's retarded.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZGASM View Post
    I think Corbin knows who he should be playing/developing, but I also think he's scared to do so, because if he gives those players more experience which will make the team better in the long run, but at the expense of losing now, it could cost him his job.
    I think that reasoning would be plausible if the Jazz had not extended Corbin for next season at the beginning of this season. If anything it unfortunately shows that the Jazz FO is happy with Corbin, and the team is stuck with him no matter how good or bad they play. If that is the case, Corbin has no excuse for not using optimal rotations that help develop the younger players even if it means the veterans get less playing time.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    The rest of our lottery picks.

Always been this way. It's stupid.

Some of the biggest scrubs were starting over DWill his rookie season. It's retarded.
    Who of these succeeded when they went elsewhere? Humphries is playing ok now but it took him 5 years and a kardashian to figure it out

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeOnaPlate View Post
    Money aside, if you could have Burks or Wes Matthews which would you choose?
    Matthewssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    I think that reasoning would be plausible if the Jazz had not extended Corbin for next season at the beginning of this season. If anything it unfortunately shows that the Jazz FO is happy with Corbin, and the team is stuck with him no matter how good or bad they play. If that is the case, Corbin has no excuse for not using optimal rotations that help develop the younger players even if it means the veterans get less playing time.
    A one year extension is not enough to keep a team from firing a coach. If he slips up (by losing a lot of games) ownership may not care. This isn't a Larry owned team, and I'm not sure Greg will keep the Milkman around if he was losing too much.

But my point was, Corbin has to have these thoughts in his head. He's a young coach with a so-so record. Getting fired now could ruin/hamper his career as a coach...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    you can´t be a big time player with a name like Burks. With a name like Burks you can just get it to a solid role player. His name is to small, to be a big guy someday. But i think we need a guy like him, who can show a great game, sometimes you need him, but Corbin is to dump to play him.

He will never be great, but he will be a great role player.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    you can´t be a big time player with a name like Burks. With a name like Burks you can just get it to a solid role player. His name is to small, to be a big guy someday. But i think we need a guy like him, who can show a great game, sometimes you need him, but Corbin is to dump to play him.

He will never be great, but he will be a great role player.
    Ah. Alt account. Busted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZGASM View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Burks is as good as Dwayne (not as big/strong, etc.), but if he never gets a chance, how will we ever know how good the kid is?

This team is full of players that are just oozing with upside and I wish they'd play more (Burks, Kanter, Favors and Hayward). I think Corbin knows who he should be playing/developing, but I also think he's scared to do so, because if he gives those players more experience which will make the team better in the long run, but at the expense of losing now, it could cost him his job.
    Since Corbin's job is to win now, and not speculate on who may or may not be producing in 5 years, it could cost him his jobs.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Since Corbin's job is to win now, and not speculate on who may or may not be producing in 5 years, it could cost him his jobs.
    Seems logical to me

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bump.

Burks has pretty much silenced all the critics now.

Someday we'll laugh at the fact that a washed up Tinsley played instead of Burks for half the season. And while it was happening, Tinsley had one of the worst stretches in his career, going several weeks without making a 3 pointer (and possibly without making a fg at all during a long stretch).

It's clear now that between Foye, Hayward, and Burks they don't need Tinsley to bring the ball over half court, immediately pass it to someone else, and then back out of the play and never touch the ball again (which is all Tinsley did the first month of the season).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Bump.

Burks has pretty much silenced all the critics now.

Someday we'll laugh at the fact that a washed up Tinsley played instead of Burks for half the season. And while it was happening, Tinsley had one of the worst stretches in his career, going several weeks without making a 3 pointer (and possibly without making a fg at all during a long stretch).

It's clear now that between Foye, Hayward, and Burks they don't need Tinsley to bring the ball over half court, immediately pass it to someone else, and then back out of the play and never touch the ball again (which is all Tinsley did the first month of the season).
    We will laugh (or be pissed) especially hard when we think back to when raja bell and cj miles (and to a lesser extent josh howard) played in front of him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Watching Burks play is one of the few reasons I turn on a Jazz game right now.
    It's going to help us in the long run. He's playing pretty good for rotting on the bench all season.
    He's playing within the offense, and usually has a good +- rating.

He missed a jumper, and makes mistakes not and again, but that is to be expected. Overall I think he's showing why some of us were begging for him to play.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just hopeing that ma Williams is packaged in a deal with Al/Paul to open up permanent minutes for Burks!!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Just hopeing that ma Williams is packaged in a deal with Al/Paul to open up permanent minutes for Burks!!!
    If we're sending that much money out, we're getting a hell of a lot back. It better be expiring.