Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Remove Al Jefferson, Corbin.

Add Defensive players, picks, Defense minded assistant defensive coach coach, Offensive system(jazz lack that now except dump it to fat al),

and you get something like the spurs

fixed
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Like the Spurs in what way? You just canned the HC, probably will fire the GM/pres, I suppose you will just line the walks with gingerbread and doughnuts and another Popovich will stroll in and tyrannically rule your franchise while you draft several HOF players?

Good luck Dutch. Sounds to me like you want to wish for that but get the Raptors.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Interesting, considering I watch every game.
    Over 17 points, over 10 rebs, 2 assists, 1 block, and 1 steal a game.

Efficiency is +25.00 over the last 5 games, free throw percentage is the highest of his career, and is only a percentage less in field goal percentage than his so-called best year with the T-Wolves.

I struggle to see what more you would want out of your starting center, other than better defense obviously.
    The guy just isn't a defensive player, get used to it.
    He's an offensive, 4th quarter closer, that any team in the league would want in their line up.
    Yup, he is not a defensive player, glad you agree. Cost us the game the other night against the Clips where he was involved in letting CP get to the basket a few times right at the end for layups.

Other teams in the league generally do not have guys like this. Most have defense-minded centers who can protect the rim and the paint because it is so important. That's your problem: his key defciency is a critical deficiency. It does not matter as much if your big scorer is a wing guy who does not play D. Matters a lot if your center plays no D.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    his key defciency is a critical deficiency. It does not matter as much if your big scorer is a wing guy who does not play D. Matters a lot if your center plays no D.
    The Jazz have 4 big men that play to each others strengths, and aren't fortunate enough to have to have players who are your best defensive AND offensive players like the Heat, or the Knicks.

Big Al covers Favors offensive inefficiency, just like Favors covers Big Al's defensive inefficiency.
    As the same can be said here with Millsap and Kanter, but obviously Kanter is picking up more of Millsap's lack of length and lack of heart lately.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    The Jazz have 4 big men that play to each others strengths, and aren't fortunate enough to have to have players who are your best defensive AND offensive players like the Heat, or the Knicks.

Big Al covers Favors offensive inefficiency, just like Favors covers Big Al's defensive inefficiency.
    As the same can be said here with Millsap and Kanter, but obviously Kanter is picking up more of Millsap's lack of length and lack of heart lately.
    But Big Al plays mostly with Sap and Favors with Kanter. So your solution is only hypothetical, as long as we have a coach who think veteran status is the most important thing in deciding who to play.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Simple math : JAZZ - BIG AL = PWNING
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    But wait Dutch... Al is our only offense right?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    But wait Dutch... Al is our only offense right?
    who needs offense when you got favors and kanter

offense is overrated
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Let's sum it up
    HUSTLE:
    jefferson has 0 hustle. kanter favros and millsap outhustle big al by a big margin.

Defense:
    jefferson has 0 defense. again kanter favors millsap have better defense by a big margin.

Rebouding:
    Jefferson is a good rebounder but so is kanter favors and millsap. so it is a wash. jefferson outrebounding favors kanter and sap. but he has the most minutes

Passing:
    Jefferson is the worst passer imho. favors and kanter are turrible passers also but they are young and learn. millsap best passing big man on the team.

Killer Instinct:
    again al is last place on that ist he is too much of a nice guy.

Leadership:
    i bet you kanter, favorrs millsaps leaderhsip is way better then jefferson.

Offense:
    now some might say jefferson is the best because he leads the team in scoring.
    but he gets the most minutes of those guys. and they dump the ball down to every other time. so leading the team in points is no miracle.
    but lets say we give him offense. we see he is the best offensive guy.

so jefferson is only cleary better in offense(assumption)
    but the worse in all those other categories except rebounds whcih i consider a tie.

again why is big al getting so many minutes and kanter and favors rotting on the bench.

JEFFERSON NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS TO GO
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I believe Jeffy has the worst point per possession out of the 4? Can't recall..... I mean its because he demands double teams though and creates opportunities for others right?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    I believe Jeffy has the worst point per possession out of the 4? Can't recall..... I mean its because he demands double teams though and creates opportunities for others right?
    as i stated he does not counting the last game though
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The blackhole ball experiment was put on hold for ball movement and crisp offense.

but now black hole experiment is back in full force.
    big al scored 14 points on 16 shots
    while the rest of the bigs scored 29 points on 20 shots.

black hole ball at its finest right there.

and dont even get me started on BLACKHOLE DEFENSE
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al Jefferson makes Antoine Walker blush with how ****ing awful his efficiency is.

Trade him and one of Tinsley or Watson to Toronto for Calderon and a highly protected 1st AND MOVE THE **** ON.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Al Jefferson makes Antoine Walker blush with how ****ing awful his efficiency is.

Trade him and one of Tinsley or Watson to Toronto for Calderon and a highly protected 1st AND MOVE THE **** ON.
    Tinsley is better running the bench and Watson is miles ahead of Calderon defensively. Yes they are two different players but you are ridiculous trading AJ for C. Makes Walker blush?? GMAB.

Get real Numbs. Their pick already belongs to OKC. You want their pick in 2 years when JV is reaching the high grounds of his plateau? Really? Stupid even for somebody that hates AJ. Get the most out of him if you move.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post

Dude, you're usually decent with this kind of thing but there's no way we're getting a 1st and Calderon for a guy who's expiring.