Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by eacioban View Post
    This is only the second game of the season and we don't know ANYTHING about what is going on during practice. I think we should all just chill out and let the players and coaches adjust to some REAL NBA games - after all, training camp and preseason can only simulate things to a certain degree. If this was the 42nd game into the season, I would agree with the complaints, but this is not the case right now!

CHILL OUT!
    But this is JazzFanz.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Anderson started to cut baseline under a double(triple?)-screen as the ball was dribbled up to the 45. Instead of following him, Millsap went over the screen(s) at the foul line, looking to pick him up on the far side, anticipating him coming up to the opposite 45. However, Anderson stopped and reversed under the basket while Millsap kept going to the opposite elbow before he realised Anderson had cut back to the corner. Jefferson was closest to Anderson and tried to close him out as the pass came, but was too late.

Basically a smart play by Anderson, aided by poor D by Millsap, who either lost sight of his man or just reacted too slowly to the reverse cut - he was still headed for the 45 when Anderson was halfway to the corner - and poor coaching by Corbin, having Jefferson in instead of the more mobile Favors. Credit Jefferson for recognising the danger, reacting to it and trying to get there, but physically he wasn't up to it.
    It was a good play they ran and difficult to defend. Not saying the Jazz played it well, but it was a nice play NO ran. But yes, why not sub in a better defender on Anderson at that time?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    I really don't like Carroll, but I'll admit he's played better than his shooting percentage. Still, we're inching toward a Roger Bell situation here playing playing a guy who only has perceived value while overlooking players who can actually contribute. I'd rather experiment with the small Tinsley/Foye/Burks lineup. Until Kanter/Favors are ready to score on the block dependably, we need another offensive spark on the second unit, and Carroll is a purely opportunistic basket/break scorer.
    With the lineups we are currently using, I think it would make more sense for Carroll to start. That way you have one non-scorer, Carroll, on the floor with 4 scorers. When you have him out there with Tinsley-Foye-Kanter-Favors the only proven scorer is Foye, not a good mix. Put Marv in with those guys and give him his regular minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Both teams really tried hard to out-suck each other, but in the end the Jazz were able to suck just a little bit worse.

I wouldn't have been happy about this game even if the Jazz had pulled out the win. Just crappy basketball.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is only the second game of the season and we don't know ANYTHING about what is going on during practice. I think we should all just chill out and let the players and coaches adjust to some REAL NBA games - after all, training camp and preseason can only simulate things to a certain degree. If this was the 42nd game into the season, I would agree with the complaints, but this is not the case right now!

CHILL OUT!

how long will we give the coaches time to adjsut.
    same problems as previous years.
    this isnt a one game thing.
    no offense/defense sub.
    big al chucking not playing defense
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    Ok. I'll never do it again. I didn't deserve that though.
    I am never serious. I'm sorry if I might have caused any hurt feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    Truth? You watched that game and concluded from it that Sap is a smart player? What? You want Kanter to create his own shot and make it 'For example he should attempt shot instead of passing 3 sec left on shot clock'? Do you know why he'd pass it out? Maybe because his slow ass got caught in a triple team nearly every time he was fed in the post (how many times was he fed in the post again? Like 8 times?)
    Thanks for calling him out on his crap assessment. This site doesn't teach charity at all. I wanted to rep you like 5 of your posts but the site wouldn't let me rep you once.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    I love Kanter's new aggressiveness, but I agree with Harp when he said tonight that opposing teams are going to scheme against it. Last year, the book was don't worry. This year, the book is double him and he's worthless. His learning curve has changed in a good way, but tonight it showed that he still has a lot to learn.
    he needs to recognize a double team faster and pass out before he gets into trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Al Jefferson still never boxes out.

Cant we trade his carcass already?
    My god, really! Really!! No mention of the fact that Millsap was a compete fail last night regardless of the three he made! He doesn't box out either ever. I'm sick of this lame brain Millsap getting a pass when Al gets crucified by jazzfanz, not saying Al doesn't deserve it, he does,but so does Millsap. He's every bit the defensive liability Al is. Can someone tell that idiot Millsap that you need to make contact when you set a pick. I want both those idiots traded.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    BTW, the most painful moment of the night was not losing the game or watching Jefferson attempt to play defense or making Robin Lopez look like a superstar. The most painful moment was reading the comment about watching Davis and hoping that Favors could be that player this year, then reaching inside and realizing that you completely agree and your homerism can't justify why Favors is not there..................

this might be the most demoralizing thing I've ever read on jazzfanz.

.....please play the young guys more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    At least Kanter is making the pass this year, last year he would just throw up a prayer or get blocked. Next step is for him to not panic as much and make a faster, crisper pass so the defense can't recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I am never serious. I'm sorry if I might have caused any hurt feelings.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Both teams really tried hard to out-suck each other, but in the end the Jazz were able to suck just a little bit worse.

I wouldn't have been happy about this game even if the Jazz had pulled out the win. Just crappy basketball.
    The problem is the Hornets are expected to somewhat suck, especially without Gordon.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

CHILL OUT!
    While I am not freaking out like a lot of people this isn't just an overreaction to 2 games. That game last night was a spitting image of all the road games last year that had us tearing our hair out. Lazy Al, bad subs, AND NO BURKS

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

CHILL OUT!
    LOL

You act as though this wasn't a regular problem all last season.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dipship31 View Post
    While I am not freaking out like a lot of people this isn't just an overreaction to 2 games. That game last night was a spitting image of all the road games last year that had us tearing our hair out. Lazy Al, bad subs, AND NO BURKS
    Great post.
    Burks probably would've made more of a difference than Foye out there.
    Not to mention, he was lights out during the pre-season.
    Foye had one good game from the field.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So uhhmm yeah after reading through all this I am gonna keep up the quality of some of the posts and say, I blame some of the stupid ass fans and their bitching. It clearly infected the players and made them play like stupid bitch ass's to clearly represent those fans.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    My god, really! Really!! No mention of the fact that Millsap was a compete fail last night regardless of the three he made! He doesn't box out either ever. I'm sick of this lame brain Millsap getting a pass when Al gets crucified by jazzfanz, not saying Al doesn't deserve it, he does,but so does Millsap. He's every bit the defensive liability Al is. Can someone tell that idiot Millsap that you need to make contact when you set a pick. I want both those idiots traded.
    Dude , you got a serious problem if you put sap and big al on the same sentence in defensive liability, Millsap proved he is good enough to stay in this team for like last 6-7 years or something, and Big Al proved only in one that he is crap.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    It's ok for one of the best defensive minds in the NBA, Tom Thibodeau, but Corbin doesn't believe in it. Why would you have your best defensive player on the court when you need a stop? That's crazy talk!
    Quote Originally Posted by yamers View Post
    GAME! ****ing lost to the HORNETS. cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Norm View Post
    Without Anthony Davis too
    Quote Originally Posted by sepanol View Post
    i hope we lose this game so that we can take some lessons from it, otherwise we will think we are so great just cause we beat the worst team in the league (without gordon yes they are the worst)
    It's a good thing Thibodeau would NEVER EVER lose to these same NOH period ever never happen, especially without Davis and especially NEVER EVER in Chicago. Cause it is only Utah that could ever lose cause tey be teh complete suck.

OH WAIT
    http://www.nba.com/games/20121103/NOHCHI/gameinfo.html

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    It's a good thing Thibodeau would NEVER EVER lose to these same NOH period ever never happen, especially without Davis and especially NEVER EVER in Chicago. Cause it is only Utah that could ever lose cause tey be teh complete suck.

OH WAIT
    http://www.nba.com/games/20121103/NOHCHI/gameinfo.html

Great point, after seeing that the hornets beat chicago i now have changed my mind and no longer am upset about our loss to the hornets... now i think it was just terrific that we lost and i hope we lose to them every time we play them in the future! Thank you root for jazz!