Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Offense/defense subs

So this really bothers me with a close game enough timeouts to be called.
    why isnt corbin doing offense vs defene subs.
    it's the most logical thing to do.
    this alone wins you 5 games a year.

for example vs new orleans score tied.
    why is al in the game. your worst defensive big guy?
    while your best defensive big guy is rotting on the floor.
    you have a timeout left so if you get stop. you can put lazy al back in the game
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

I said it almost 2 years ago. What the **** did anyone think was going to happen when you promote a doorman to CEO?

I agree. Even on that last offensive play Favors would have been better for the lob.

I wonder when if ever corbin is gonna learn.
    or does corbin think al Jefferson is the best defensive big guy. so that why he did not opt to do a sub
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

jefferson is a vet. Favors is really young
    enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    I said it almost 2 years ago. What the **** did anyone think was going to happen when you promote a doorman to CEO?

That felt a little bit racist. But ya.

I think its more that we are carrying on the Jerry Sloan tradition of rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    That felt a little bit racist. But ya.

I think its more that we are carrying on the Jerry Sloan tradition of rotations.
    It has nothing to do with race but the fact that Corbin was not nearly ready for this role. It has everything to do with him not even being the first assistant. It's one thing to promote your first assistant to head coach, but second or third? Jazz ought to have hired someone from the outside. Or begged Phil Johnson.

I said this in another thread. Yeah, this occurred to me immediately. You put in Favors to protect the rim. I also would've put in Carroll and had him guard Anderson.

Favors should've at least been subbed in after Millsap hit the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Favors should've at least been subbed in after Millsap hit the three.
    This. I honestly don't think Favors would have made a difference on the play when Anderson hit the 3. Anderson just had too much space. On the Vasquez layup though, Favors a)likely would have reacted more quickly and b)with his athleticism may have blocked the shot or made Vasquez miss.
    Buckle Up Jazz

Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    This. I honestly don't think Favors would have made a difference on the play when Anderson hit the 3. Anderson just had too much space. On the Vasquez layup though, Favors a)likely would have reacted more quickly and b)with his athleticism may have blocked the shot or made Vasquez miss.
    even if it wouldnt have mattered, why not have your best defensive guys on the floor.
    your playing a defensive possession after which a time out will be taken, so you can sub in your stupid vets back in.
    01-21-2013

Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    even if it wouldnt have mattered, why not have your best defensive guys on the floor.
    your playing a defensive possession after which a time out will be taken, so you can sub in your stupid vets back in.
    Good point as it is logical to put your best defensive unit in for defensive possessions.
    Buckle Up Jazz

Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

Corbin stuck in the NBA for 14 seasons not for being athletic or having some unique skillset. He stayed because of his smarts and experience. He had seen many guys with mounds of athletic gifts and potential to fizzle and learned to appreciate the smarts and experience above all. As a coach he believes in the power of wily veterans, this is the cornerstone of his coaching philosophy. We have to learn to live with it.

As we learned to live with Sloan - Jerry was a gritty, dirty, tough-minded player and he carried it into his coaching.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    Corbin stuck in the NBA for 14 seasons not for being athletic or having some unique skillset. He stayed because of his smarts and experience. He had seen many guys with mounds of athletic gifts and potential to fizzle and learned to appreciate the smarts and experience above all. As a coach he believes in the power of wily veterans, this is the cornerstone of his coaching philosophy. We have to learn to live with it.

As we learned to live with Sloan - Jerry was a gritty, dirty, tough-minded player and he carried it into his coaching.
    Corbin is such a genius for going with the smarts of Al Jefferson and CJ Miles over brainless players like Enes Kanter and Gordon Hayward.

There is absoltly no reason why the best defensive players shouldnt be in the game.
    there is no logical explanation for it. i'm trying to think on 1 single reason why there was not one single defensive sub made. while everyone and their momma new anderson was gonna hit a three.

unles you count this magical thing as veteran power.
    "we need vets to win on the road" well for the last years vets aint been winning on the road.
    we need defense talent hustle to win longterm.
    01-21-2013