Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proving?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Yeah, coaching is overrated. It's just a coincidence that the good ones always win wherever they go and the bad ones always lose. Sheer coincidence.
    I think it's more luck than coincidence. The 'good' coaches just always seem to get the players that play smart, play hard, and play together, ya know?
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think it's more luck than coincidence. The 'good' coaches just always seem to get the players that play smart, play hard, and play together, ya know?
    True. It's just "luck" that Larry Brown took eight different franchises to the playoffs, won an NBA title and won a NCAA title. He's an overrated hack.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    it's probably luck that jordan and kobe started winning when philius jackson was coaching them.
    and by winning i mean the Championship
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    Are Rick Carlisle and Erik Spoelstra great coaches? What about Scott Brooks, who almost won it all? All of them are average coaches who were carried by their superstars. There are dozens of people who can be an average NBA coach.

If coaches had such a great impact on the teams records they would be paid more than NBA scrubs.
    If you put ****ty tires on a Ferrari you could still go pretty fast. If you put great tires on a yugo you still wouldn't be able to go very fast. But if you put great tires on a great car you'll be able to navigate the turns better then you would be able to with ****ty tires.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Corbin sucks and ruin a possible great team which Jazz can be right now and maybe the future of the team (Favors, Burks..).
    How in the world he got that 1 year extension?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    True. It's just "luck" that Larry Brown took eight different franchises to the playoffs, won an NBA title and won a NCAA title. He's an overrated hack.
    You took me serious?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah, we're arguing about the tenth or so player on the bench here. BTW, Foye was drafted I believe sixth in the draft which in theory makes him more 'talented' than Burks is (no I don't really believe that but it is a thought) The point is that if Burks is better than he needs to work his tail off to prove it and take those minutes by the throat. I think that though he is more athletic than Foye is there are likely large holes in his game as far as offence/defense is concerned that make him a liability on the floor. The good news is that that is easier to fix than lack of talent/athleticism.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    To those saying coaching is overrated: If this team were being coached by a Popovich or a Phil Jackson, last night's game would have played a completely different tune. Not only that, but Al Jefferson's ass would be getting put on the bench for trying to shoot through double/triple teams all the time. PASS THE BALL OUT IF YOU GET DOUBLED! Sheesh!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ClLUTClH View Post
    To those saying coaching is overrated: If this team were being coached by a Popovich or a Phil Jackson, last night's game would have played a completely different tune. Not only that, but Al Jefferson's ass would be getting put on the bench for trying to shoot through double/triple teams all the time. PASS THE BALL OUT IF YOU GET DOUBLED! Sheesh!
    I think there was really only one person saying coaching is overrated and the rest being sarcastic.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    So apparently were all about "proving" for minutes in practice when he comes to certain people not playing. Then tell me why we already extended Corbin through 13-14 before a game played? He's basically a rookie coach so I think the same rule should apply. We should have waited until after the season to even think about an extension.

/rant
    Bad analogy. I am certainly no fan of Corbin. Under him, I think The Jazz will be only as good as their talent is going to take them. But all of this team's hopes revolves around their youth. All of them will be here for at least another 2 years. They have to make this Corbin's team or at least appear to be. It is hard enough to get players to buy into a system - it definitely doesn't make it any easier if that player thinks you're not going to be around much longer.

Besides, if he tanks they can just fire him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I think there was really only one person saying coaching is overrated and the rest being sarcastic.
    I'm sure there are guests reading the board that have this same philosophy.