Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I am not surprised the Jazz didn't win in SA. It seems like every year the Spurs shoot the lights out in the first half and the Jazz make a little run and then SA wakes up and finishes the Jazz off. Last night I made my FINAL decision on which big guy needs to go. It is big AL. Keep Millsap because we need his offense and play Favors. AL will never be a good defender and he simply slows down the offense. Kanter can get back up minutes. Burks needs to play somehow. I would take away Tinsley's minutes and play Foye and Burks together.

It is frustrating to watch the Jazz simply because it seems the Jazz organization is content to just make the playoffs instead of prepare for the future.
    Enes is not ready to start but it would help if a coach explain to Enes that posting up guys 15 feet from the basket only slows down the offense and allows guys to double team him. Enes needs to establish position closer to the basket. A coach needs to remind AL that he has teammates and when he is tripled team he needs to pass the ball.

Mo Williams was great last night. Hayward played pretty well. Marvin Williams seems to mesh into the background again. It will be interesting to see how the team rebounds from the SA game. I am not as upset with losing to SA but it gets frustrating how they lose. For all the Jazz fans who keep saying New Orleans sucks they went into Chicago and beat the Bulls.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post

Enes is not ready to start but it would help if a coach explain to Enes that posting up guys 15 feet from the basket only slows down the offense and allows guys to double team him. Enes needs to establish position closer to the basket. A coach needs to remind AL that he has teammates and when he is tripled team he needs to pass the ball.
    ...seems to me the Jazz have more than a handful of "uncoachable" guys, just like the majority of other NBA teams!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    It's obvious that if you want an offense that isn't stagnant you cannot have black holes play on the court.
    ....bingo! So cut them, trade them, release them and get some coachable players!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So, which was the real Jazz, the first half team or the second half team? Unfortunately, I think the first half team was more the one. The second half happened in part because the Jazz lulled the Spurs to sleep in the first half. Then the Jazz got rolling and got some energy and competed and it took awhile for the Spurs to awaken and put the fire out. I am worried that coaching and management will look at the 3rd quarter and think that is how good they are, able to ourscore the spurs by 19. I doubt it.

It was good to see them come out and fight, but why does it take 2 quarters to get to that point? Corbin needs to yank the entire starting unit when they start that badly.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Also, I think last night was Hayward's best game of the season.

He had a lot of really good looking moves. Definitely the best player on the court for the first half.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsy View Post
    Also, I think last night was Hayward's best game of the season.

He had a lot of really good looking moves. Definitely the best player on the court for the first half.
    I thought Hayward was the best player on the court for the entire game, both offensively and defensively. Favors was the next best.
    Mo Williams hit a bunch of shots, because he's a streaky guy and that's what he does.
    It's possible that Burks and Evans could've been the next best couple players on the court in that game, but oh yeah....... neither of those guys played in a game where we were down by nearly 25 at the half.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The decision to leave Foye in for the last 5 minutes of the game, watching him get torched by Danny Green on 3 consecutive plays, allowing the Spurs to pulla away at the end, nearly made me punch myself in the balls.

Marvin....he.....**** it.
    Freckle Liiiiiip.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    The decision to leave Foye in for the last 5 minutes of the game, watching him get torched by Danny Green on 3 consecutive plays, allowing the Spurs to pulla away at the end, nearly made me punch myself in the balls.

Marvin....he.....**** it.

Sigh. Foye's extended minutes, and Al's foul situation were what iced this game. Millsap camping in the key was a killer as well. As soon as Al got his fifth foul, I knew it was over. Dude would never foul out if he could. Why Foye was left in......I will never understand. Gordon at the 2 and Marvin at the 3 just made so much more sense in every way. Why in the **** would you not go back to that third quarter lineup? ****ing Potato-head Corbin. I hope he sweat his ass off all night last night, thinking about how royally he ****ed up the rotations in the leastt quarter tonight. Don't even get me started on Tinsley playing ahead of Burks. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    For all the Jazz fans who keep saying New Orleans sucks they went into Chicago and beat the Bulls.
    New Orleans is not a playoff team. We have to win these types of games on the road if we want to take it to the next level.
    We played bad. I'll give New Orleans credit, they looked better than us.

It's not like we played well, and they just had a better night. We looked pretty bad, and didn't respond to their intensity.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Actually NOH will fight for top3 place in draft this year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    history shown it wont help.
    History HAS shown that the Jazz have typically been too good to blow up and the last time they started careening toward a mountain, they traded the best player they had had since two HOF-ers left.

The Jazz's hand might be too steady for their own good at times, but they're not stupid. They know this is a huge year in terms of how it relates to moving forward as a franchise (which veteran 2013 FAs are to stay, which are to go, under what circumstances are they let go [trade, let expire], which young players they are willing to give a real chance, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh, and by the way, the Spurs are really ****ing good. For whatever that is worth.

The only thing that will really get me down is when one of The Four either can't get on the floor (Burks), or they suck in the opportunities they get (Kanter last night).
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Oh, and by the way, the Spurs are really ****ing good. For whatever that is worth.

The only thing that will really get me down is when one of The Four either can't get on the floor (Burks), or they suck in the opportunities they get (Kanter last night).
    That's all I care about as well. Developing our young core. I'm not worried at all about the last couple of losses. I actually think the team is pretty good. I just want to see the youth come along.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...seems to me the Jazz have more than a handful of "uncoachable" guys, just like the majority of other NBA teams!

Based off of nothing but your own personal limitations.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wonder if the Jazz will ever not suck on the road for the rest of my life.