Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Foye Sucks

  1. #1
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    971
    Rep Power
    10

    Foye Sucks

    Along with the free Burks thread, we need a Foye sucks thread, and he sure did suck during the fourth quarter stretch when his man scored some crucial baskets.

    I noted from the first game that though he made some shots, they weren't difference makers but only came after the Jazz had broken open the game. And last game, yeah, he was hitting, but the Jazz win didn't win -- well, not his fault by Corbin for not playing the proper lineup when the situation called for it -- but still he is not a difference maker.

    We need Burks to get some minutes because Foye is not even a short term answer.

  2. #2
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,564
    Rep Power
    32
    Agreed. This is the Milt Palacio situation all over again. Jazz are playing a journeyman veteran over a young guy oozing with talent. At least back then D-Will got some burn.

    Alec Burks getting a DNP-Coach's Decision is a bad move. Giving him a DNP to play a guy like Foye in front of him is a crime. Makes no frickin sense whatsoever.

  3. #3
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,935
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Agreed. This is the Milt Palacio situation all over again. Jazz are playing a journeyman veteran over a young guy oozing with talent. At least back then D-Will got some burn.

    Alec Burks getting a DNP-Coaches Decision is a bad move. Giving him a DNP to play a guy like Foye in front of him is a crime. Makes no frickin sense whatsoever.
    None.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  4. #4
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,216
    Rep Power
    28
    I haven't listened to any of the interviews after the games this year, but has anyone asked Ty why Burks doesn't get to play AT ALL?
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

  5.  

     

  6. #5
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    10
    He gets caught ball watching on defense every damn time

  7. #6
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    I haven't listened to any of the interviews after the games this year, but has anyone asked Ty why Burks doesn't get to play AT ALL?
    This is a quote from Corbin on Burks' playing time "Just the way the game flowed. I mean, it’s gonna be a tough situation for a lot of guys different nights…Randy [Foye] was playing well; we extended his minutes there."

  8. #7
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,564
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    He gets caught ball watching on defense every damn time
    you're right - he is guilty of doing that a lot. But of all the problems a young player can have this is one of the more correct-able ones.

    Still no excuse to get 0 minutes

  9. #8
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,564
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    This is a quote from Corbin on Burks' playing time "Just the way the game flowed. I mean, it’s gonna be a tough situation for a lot of guys different nights…Randy [Foye] was playing well; we extended his minutes there."
    The flow of the game called exactly for a player like Burks - at least in the first half. From the latter part of the first period to the end of the first half NO ONE was attacking the rim for Utah. Everything was one pass and then a jump shot or Al Jefferson holding on to the ball while everyone stood around and stared at him. And what is the one thing Burks does the best? Move and attack the rim.

  10. #9
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    10,037
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    The flow of the game called exactly for a player like Burks - at least in the first half. From the latter part of the first period to the end of the first half NO ONE was attacking the rim for Utah. Everything was one pass and then a jump shot or Al Jefferson holding on to the ball while everyone stood around and stared at him. And what is the one thing Burks does the best? Move and attack the rim.
    This. Was saying the exact same thing during the game.
    #Extravaganza


  11. #10
    Premium Member Vermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Set twerking dizzy.
    Posts
    4,643
    Rep Power
    44
    I don't understand the hate for foye. I do understand the anger for burkes not playing. This is some ****.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Bodhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    paddling to New Zealand
    Posts
    1,621
    Rep Power
    30
    Watching the second unit against NO the other night, the one thing they missed was someone who could score off anything other than a long jumper. Kanter and Favors are both still VERY raw on the block and everyone else was settling for jumpers. Burks would have been IDEAL then and now, especially as a scorer on the second unit.

    It's unconscionable that he is getting DNP's on a pieced together team like this. I'm trying not to overreact this early but I'm so unimpressed by Corbin and his body of work as a head coach in the NBA.
    "Back off Warchild, seriously.."

  13. #12
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    43,935
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Watching the second unit against NO the other night, the one thing they missed was someone who could score off anything other than a long jumper. Kanter and Favors are both still VERY raw on the block and everyone else was settling for jumpers. Burks would have been IDEAL then and now, especially as a scorer on the second unit.

    It's unconscionable that he is getting DNP's on a pieced together team like this. I'm trying not to overreact this early but I'm so unimpressed by Corbin and his body of work as a head coach in the NBA.
    This. Well said.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    This is the problem you face when you have 10-11 guys who deserve or feel they deserve a good 25+ minutes. It was inevitable.

  15. #14
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,486
    Rep Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    I don't understand the hate for foye. I do understand the anger for burkes not playing. This is some ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    This is the problem you face when you have 10-11 guys who deserve or feel they deserve a good 25+ minutes. It was inevitable.
    These.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

  16. #15
    Lazy Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    4,966
    Rep Power
    35
    I disagree, Foye is playing fine for a bench player.

    Why Burks can't get any minutes in a game like this is just a testament to Ty's monumental stupidity when it comes to subs.
    It started with Earl [Watson], Randy [Foye] and Marvin [Williams]–the veteran guys. I thought the young guys did a good job of following their lead getting us off to a good start. - referring to the Jazz/Bobcats game on 3/1/13

    Earl, Randy, and Marvin started the first quarter 0-3, scored a whopping zero points, and finished with a turnover in the first quarter.

    Your head coach of the Jazz ladies and gentlemen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •