Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    14
    Rep Level
    381

    What ever happened to being a tough physical team

    It seems like the Jazz have went away from this most of our players are softer than toilet paper. We have a few exceptions I think Mo has a tough streak, Milsap, and Kanter. I'm so sick of these players that seem like when the going gets tough they grab their purses and run.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,571
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    0
    The post-Sloan Jazz decided they wanted athletes and shooters instead of thugs?

  3. #3
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    This is what is crazy to me; The Jazz have 11 players that believe they belong in the rotation and they could all make great arguments. Every one of those players not on their rookie deal is an expiring contract this year (including Marvin and his player option), and of those rookie contract players, their minutes and role are suffering for it. This team should be competing with ITSELF even if it's not competing with the other team. Considering that, and the insane depth, the Jazz should have no excuse to trot out players that are dogging it. This team is not good enough nor top-heavy enough (who is clearlythe best player on this team?) to stick to a rigid rotation.

    If the losing continues, Corbin needs to hold a meeting and say, "those who try hard, can stay focused, and give us the best chance to win are going to get the minutes and the opportunities, it is that simple." and actually follow through with it.

    That won't happen. But in a perfect world it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  4.  

     

  5. #4
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the heavens
    Posts
    9,881
    Rep Power
    72
    Rep Level
    19084
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This is what is crazy to me; The Jazz have 11 players that believe they belong in the rotation and they could all make great arguments. Every one of those players not on their rookie deal is an expiring contract this year (including Marvin and his player option), and of those rookie contract players, their minutes and role are suffering for it. This team should be competing with ITSELF even if it's not competing with the other team. Considering that, and the insane depth, the Jazz should have no excuse to trot out players that are dogging it. This team is not good enough nor top-heavy enough (who is clearlythe best player on this team?) to stick to a rigid rotation.

    If the losing continues, Corbin needs to hold a meeting and say, "those who try hard and can stay focused are going to get the minutes and the opportunities, it is that simple." and actually follow through with it.

    That won't happen. But in a perfect world it would.
    You think you could do a better job coaching from your couch?

  6. #5
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    You think you could do a better job coaching from your couch?
    I wish I was surprised that you completely and utterly missed the ****ing point.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  7. #6
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the heavens
    Posts
    9,881
    Rep Power
    72
    Rep Level
    19084
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I wish I was surprised that you completely and utterly missed the ****ing point.
    I was joking moron.

  8. #7
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,134
    Rep Power
    67
    Rep Level
    14760
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I was joking moron.
    Nice pivot.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  9. #8
    His Premiumness Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,503
    Rep Power
    37
    Rep Level
    6365
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    You think you could do a better job coaching from your couch?
    I could. I wish they'd try me out. It would have to be from my couch though. I'm not going to get all dressed up and **** and drive all the way to the arena.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    the heavens
    Posts
    9,881
    Rep Power
    72
    Rep Level
    19084
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Nice pivot.

    Stay in your lane.

  11. #10
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    15,753
    Rep Power
    130
    Rep Level
    34178
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    I could. I wish they'd try me out. It would have to be from my couch though. I'm not going to get all dressed up and **** and drive all the way to the arena.
    Must spread the rep around... lol

  12. #11
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,211
    Rep Power
    38
    Rep Level
    6463
    It's hard to play fast and be a tough, physical team. It's like you have to shove someone quick then get your a$$ down court.

    Seriously though, our defensive scheme is based on switching and constant motion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •