Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
  1. #16
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,655
    Total Rep Points
    45830
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100


    Roscoe Mendenhall, big time coacher of football.
    #BringBackUGLI

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,012
    Total Rep Points
    10684
    Rep Adjustment Power
    52
    Here's what I think about Bronco leaving.

    "He's bringing consistency and he's bringing in simplicity and he's bringing in a mind-set of staying the course."
    "Once you have a symbol that reflects greatness, it should not be changed, ... Consistency is key to a lasting tradition."
    "He's a tremendous worker and a tremendous person. "
    "There's no way to know what to expect. It's far greater than that, it's a tremendous responsibility."
    "He usually calls to check in."
    VINDICATION

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,012
    Total Rep Points
    10684
    Rep Adjustment Power
    52
    Ute Fans





    VINDICATION

  4. #19
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,933
    Total Rep Points
    12487
    Rep Adjustment Power
    58
    Bronco realizing that if he went to Kentucky, he wouldn't have to play Utah again.


  5. #20
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    48,503
    Total Rep Points
    53254
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Oh God .. another thread I'm going to wish I never started.. lol
    #dumptruckin

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,012
    Total Rep Points
    10684
    Rep Adjustment Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Oh God .. another thread I'm going to wish I never started.. lol
    It's your own fault. Accept it.
    VINDICATION

  7. #22
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    48,503
    Total Rep Points
    53254
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    It's your own fault. Accept it.
    Don't tell me what to do?
    #dumptruckin

  8. #23
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Total Rep Points
    1010
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Coach Whit in the running to fill the Copper Hills vacancy.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  9. #24
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    48,503
    Total Rep Points
    53254
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    No one here may find this funny, but UK is in talks with Bobby Petrino .. if he became the head coach, the following would be kind of funny.

    Pitino coached UK basketball to a NC then left for the Celtics
    Pitino then went to Louisville greatly angering UK fans

    Louisville hired Petrino and he took them to a top program
    Petrino too left for greener pastures
    UK may hire Petrino as the next head coach

    Kind of nerdy to find that funny, I guess .. but I do.
    #dumptruckin

  10. #25
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,655
    Total Rep Points
    45830
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    No one here may find this funny, but UK is in talks with Bobby Petrino .. if he became the head coach, the following would be kind of funny.

    Pitino coached UK basketball to a NC then left for the Celtics
    Pitino then went to Louisville greatly angering UK fans

    Louisville hired Petrino and he took them to a top program
    Petrino too left for greener pastures
    UK may hire Petrino as the next head coach

    Kind of nerdy to find that funny, I guess .. but I do.
    You think they'll hire him? Kind of a sleazy dude, no?
    #BringBackUGLI

  11. #26
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    48,503
    Total Rep Points
    53254
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You think they'll hire him? Kind of a sleazy dude, no?
    Yes, he is. I would have said NO chance. Most are not happy there are even any talks.

    Having said that, a good friend of mine says the two parties are talking and UK is being heavy handed in penalties for anything less than being a model citizen. In the end, UK isn't a great job and I see him saying no thanks because we'll be too demanding. He is the best available, but I'm not crazy about the idea.
    #dumptruckin

  12. #27
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,655
    Total Rep Points
    45830
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Yes, he is. I would have said NO chance. Most are not happy there are even any talks.

    Having said that, a good friend of mine says the two parties are talking and UK is being heavy handed in penalties for anything less than being a model citizen. In the end, UK isn't a great job and I see him saying no thanks because we'll be too demanding. He is the best available, but I'm not crazy about the idea.
    I don't see him getting a better job, If UK offers the job I say he takes it in a heartbeat, unless like you said there are demands he knows he cant live up to.

    I'd hate it if I were a UK fan. Basically guaranteed to end badly.
    #BringBackUGLI

  13. #28
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    48,503
    Total Rep Points
    53254
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    I don't see him getting a better job, If UK offers the job I say he takes it in a heartbeat, unless like you said there are demands he knows he cant live up to.

    I'd hate it if I were a UK fan. Basically guaranteed to end badly.
    Like I said, I don't like it .. I do trust the A.D. and the search committee, though .. whoever they hire, I'll support as they will have done their homework.
    #dumptruckin

  14.  

     

  15. #29
    Senior Member jazzman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Total Rep Points
    3971
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    He's already turned down offers. He doesn't seem like a pure $$$ guy. Conventional wisdom around BYU says he is into disciplinarian schools and little else. So BYU or the military academies essentially.
    I've never heard of him interviewing and/or turning down positions offered to him. Which schools has he turned down?

  16. #30
    Senior Member jazzman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Total Rep Points
    3971
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    Bronco could never recruit in the deep south. The guy has the personality of a moth ball. Roscoe has no chance when walking into the same houses that guys like Nick Saban and Les Miles are walking into. Give him credit though, he knows this. I don't think he is built to coach at another program. You'll probably see him entering another field once he decides to leave Provo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •