Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    what!?!?!?! Corbin hasn't done anything subtle to the offense?!?!?!?! We don't have an identity!?!?!?!
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    what!?!?!?! Corbin hasn't done anything subtle to the offense?!?!?!?! We don't have an identity!?!?!?!
    Was that really even necessary? Did you make any new points that you didn't just say in your previous post?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We really need to bring back Sloan and Johnson.

Corbin sucks.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    We really need to bring back Sloan and Johnson.

Corbin sucks.
    I've done a lot of Corbin bashing this season, but I actually thought he did really well in this game.
    He made all the right substitutions, (or tried to, but the refs wouldn't let it happen) and even got fired up like Sloan used to do.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    As another note, did anyone notice in the Spurs game how they always, by design, have one wing crashing the basket when Duncan or Diaw is fishing around for a shot in the post? They either get the pass or they're on top of the glass. When was the last time you can remember a Jazz wing slashing to the basket when one of our bigs had the ball? Or, more importantly, that there was a design to have the big time his move or make the pass when that happened? That's coaching.
    I can only dream what Pop would do for our team....
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    How many goddamn times is Favors going to roll to the basket and not get the ****ing ball? From my point of view, Favors is timing his roll to the basket so well, ****ing reward him FOYE!

You noticed it it too? Foye can't get the ball to Favors after the pick n roll. The few times I see Favors come set a pick, he doesn't get the ball when he moves to the hoop.
    Our lack of a good PG is going to be our downfall.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    You noticed it it too? Foye can't get the ball to Favors after the pick n roll. The few times I see Favors come set a pick, he doesn't get the ball when he moves to the hoop.
    Our lack of a good PG is going to be our downfall.
    The really disappointing thing is that Foye hasn't been able to guard.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yes, he's better than Bell, and I'm exaggerating to make a point. But how many guys play 30 minutes with those numbers? The last 2 games were equally inept. I'm not writing him off after 4 games, but the dude is Casper out there.
    I have been wondering the same thing because he has been invisible. I did not see pre-season so I missed what he did there, but not much in the regular season. The worrisome thing is that he does not look like he CAN do much, looks athletically challenged. I hear he is a nice guy though so I am sure the Jazz just love him to pieces.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The second unit makes me cringe. That's when the break, which makes our first unit offensive numbers look much better, doesn't work. They have no idea who's going to score or how.
    Yup. When Burks and Evans were in last night it was mass confusion. Not even sure they knew what positions they were supposed to play. Was Burks pg and Evans sf?

Corbin just does not seem to have any vision of what he wants or how to get it. He throws guys out there, runs the old offense, and hopes that Stock-Malone-Horny materialize.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    The really disappointing thing is that Foye hasn't been able to guard.
    I completely agree with this.

If Corbin really wants to improve defensively then PROVE it! Put your best defenders in the game at every position. What is the worst that can happen, the Jazz lose?

I keep hearing the same thing that the defense needs tom improve. Meanwhile Jefferson and Foye are getting their time and then I hear the "we need scoring" argument. Create a culture then help others to improve. If it is defense first then prove it. If it is really offense first then that is fine but don't keep saying that the defense needs to improve when Marvin and Favors are getting the short stick when it comes to minutes. Last night Marvin got 30 minutes despite the amazing job that he was doing on Gay and Favors only got 26 minutes. Both should be above 30 minutes a night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Yup. When Burks and Evans were in last night it was mass confusion. Not even sure they knew what positions they were supposed to play. Was Burks pg and Evans sf?

Corbin just does not seem to have any vision of what he wants or how to get it. He throws guys out there, runs the old offense, and hopes that Stock-Malone-Horny materialize.
    I wonder how much of it had to do with Evans playing SF.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    BTW, when the Jazz beat the Lakers on Wednesday all will be forgotten, at least it will momentarily.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post

If Corbin really wants to improve defensively then PROVE it! Put your best defenders in the game at every position. What is the worst that can happen, the Jazz lose?

I keep hearing the same thing that the defense needs tom improve. Meanwhile Jefferson and Foye are getting their time and then I hear the "we need scoring" argument. Create a culture then help others to improve. If it is defense first then prove it. If it is really offense first then that is fine but don't keep saying that the defense needs to improve when Marvin and Favors are getting the short stick when it comes to minutes. Last night Marvin got 30 minutes despite the amazing job that he was doing on Gay and Favors only got 26 minutes. Both should be above 30 minutes a night.
    Stop blaming Ty .. it's Lowe's fault.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Stop blaming Ty .. it's Lowe's fault.
    He did screw up Leslie so maybe you are right.

On a more serious note, I'm not just talking about Ty. Yes, he takes most of that for being the head coach but I am also talking about the media personnel who seem to be kissing butt rather than just doing their job. I have to admit, the last couple of years that people have complained about this I didn't really care but for some reason this year it really bothers me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post

what's frustrating is that many (including you, I think) were saying the exact same thing last year.

Corbin isn't an offense-minded guy. That's obvious. Basic wrinkles in the O aren't there. This could be made up for if he'd commit to D, which, apparently, he won't do full-on. Sports aren't for Buddhists... the middle path isn't a sign of wisdom.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]