Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I miss Memo

Premium Member Enes CanTear You Apart's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I just don't understand why he wanted so much money. I know he wanted to stay in US for his kids but then why not play for a min contract? I think he's done with Basketball in his mind.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Enes CanTear You Apart View Post
    I just don't understand why he wanted so much money. I know he wanted to stay in US for his kids but then why not play for a min contract? I think he's done with Basketball in his mind.
    If I made that much money like him, I wouldn't risk injury for less money. It's better to live a healthy life than earning some bucks at some point.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    If I made that much money like him, I wouldn't risk injury for less money. It's better to live a healthy life than earning some bucks at some point.
    I respect his decision of course but when you say "I love basketball, it's my life" everytime and everywhere, I'd expect you to play it as much as you can. Heck, I know a min contract may not be that meaningful for a multi-millionaire but man it still is a lot of money too.

Anyway, I wish him the best, because it's always been unjust that the guy has never been liked as much as Hedo in Turkey. The NT issues that were not his fault at all made him look as the bad guy all the time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Enes CanTear You Apart View Post
    I respect his decision of course but when you say "I love basketball, it's my life" everytime and everywhere, I'd expect you to play it as much as you can. Heck, I know a min contract may not be that meaningful for a multi-millionaire but man it still is a lot of money too.

Anyway, I wish him the best, because it's always been unjust that the guy has never been liked as much as Hedo in Turkey. The NT issues that were not his fault at all made him look as the bad guy all the time.
    I remember a couple of years Memo just rejected NT just for having a vacation. This hasn't helped to improve his reputation.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    I remember a couple of years Memo just rejected NT just for having a vacation. This hasn't helped to improve his reputation.
    Wasn't it after they offended the guy and made him out as a traitor? And as far as I know, there were a lot of things going on behind the curtain. I remember Memo said clearly that there were people who don't want him on the NT.

Not to mention of his chronic back problems btw. He used to do special workouts even in his honeymoon and his all vacations(with his trainer!), just to maintain his health of his back.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/id/25396066/

Bad news... Unfortunately, Memo has decided to end his professional career officially.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post

Bad news... Unfortunately, Memo has decided to end his professional career officially.
    Okur, "En üst seviyelerde yıllarca Türkiye'mi en iyi şekilde temsil etmiş bir sporcu olarak, özellikle son üç yıldır ardı ardına yaşadığım sakatlıklardan dolayı, bütün geri dönme çabalarıma rağmen artık eski Mehmet Okur olamayacağımı anlamış bulunuyorum. Özel antrenörümle çalışmalarımı devam ettirirken, sayısız NBA takımlarından ve Avrupa'nın en elit takımları arasında yer alan kulüplerden teklifler aldım. Ancak, bir oyucunun, özellikle de belli seviyeyi aşmış bir oyuncunun vücudu, onun eskisi gibi olmasına müsaade etmemeye başladığında, onun artık çok sevdiği, hayatının yıllarca vazgeçilmez bir parçası olan spora veda etme zamanıdır ve bu an Mehmet Okur için gelmiştir" dedi.
    Okur said, "As a sportsman who represented my Türkiye in the best way at highest level for years, as a result of back to back injuries I suffered especially last 3 consecutive years, and after all of my tries to come back, I now understood that I will never be old Mehmet Okur again. While I was practicing with my private trainer, I recieved offers from countless NBA teams and elite teams of Europe. Despite, especially if a player's body who passed a treshold would not allow the player to be the same as his old self, it's time for him to say goodbye to the sport he's long loved and become a part of his life, and this moment has come for Mehmet Okur"
    Last edited by jazzyapma; 11-08-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    I do not know his status right now if he's ready to play for some min and can still shoot from downtown but guy is classy. As i know, he refused the Minnesota's and Boston's veteran minimum offers. If somehow Corbin manages to play Kanter and Favors and they can show themselves, may be in february he can come to Utah as 4th big man and play 10 min after Big Al's gone.

It's his son's pic in jazz jersey. http://instagram.com/p/RqOEjMPEHd/
    like father like son. bu kadar olur.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post

I liked Memo. Seemed like a really good guy and he did good things for the Jazz. I wish him all the best.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I liked Memo. Seemed like a really good guy and he did good things for the Jazz. I wish him all the best.
    This.