Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

These people really are dumber than animals..

Not even a dog would do this to their offspring:

A Pakistani couple accused of killing their 15-year-old daughter by pouring acid on her carried out the attack because she sullied the family's honour by looking at a boy, the couple said in an interview broadcast Monday by the BBC.

The girl's death underlines the problem of so-called "honour killings" in Pakistan where women are often killed for marrying or having relationships not approved by their families or because they are perceived to have somehow dishonoured their family.

The girl's parents, Mohammad Zafar and his wife Zaheen, recounted the Oct. 29 incident from jail. The father said the girl had turned to look at a boy who drove by on a motorcycle, and he told her it was wrong.

"She said 'I didn't do it on purpose. I won't look again.' By then I had already thrown the acid. It was her destiny to die this way," the girl's mother told the British broadcaster.

Television footage of the couple showed them standing behind bars in separate, but adjoining jail cells.

The father said the family had already come under public censure because of their older daughter's behaviour, but he did not detail what exactly he meant.

Pakistani officials initially said the attack occurred because the girl supposedly had an affair with a boy.

According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, at least 943 women were killed in the name of honour last year. Only 20 of the women were reported to have been given medical care before they died, the report said. The real toll is believed to be higher because many of the crimes go unreported.

"Throughout the year, women were callously killed in the name of honour when they went against family wishes in any way, or even on the basis of suspicion that they did so. Women were sometimes killed in the name
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...girl-acid.html
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

So wait.....Dalamons dead now?

Pathetic.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Banned
    ****ed up. My favorite part was, "it was her destiny to die." Holy Christ, are there that many people whose IQ falls below 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    ****ed up. My favorite part was, "it was her destiny to die." Holy Christ, are there that many people whose IQ falls below 100?
    /generous
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    /generous
    Calling them people?

Banned
    I'm not going to bash on religion, but intelligence doesn't have anything to do with this. The culture they live in encourages this behaviour. I wonder, though, the parents are in jail, so it's not like they got a ****ing medal.

Meanwhile we have over 1% of our population in Prison and the highest gun related murder rate in the world. Are we dumber than animals?

I'm gonna hold of negging you, Beantown, until you say something else as stupid as an entire country of people are dumber than animals. You realize very few people who live in Pakistan decided to live there, right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I'm not going to bash on religion, but intelligence doesn't have anything to do with this. The culture they live in encourages this behaviour. I wonder, though, the parents are in jail, so it's not like they got a ****ing medal.

Meanwhile we have over 1% of our population in Prison and the highest gun related murder rate in the world. Are we dumber than animals?

I'm gonna hold of negging you, Beantown, until you say something else as stupid as an entire country of people are dumber than animals. You realize very few people who live in Pakistan decided to live there, right?
    FWIW, "these people" could've just referred to the couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post

Thought this same thing but was too lazy to type it .. so, this.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---

Lowest circle of hell, watching the Jazz on standard def on a tube tv.
    Not to distract from the sensless violence, and the young life ended for no reason, but I want to ask---Who keeps buckets of acid sitting around? This is not the first story of girls being killed or injured by acid, so I want to know does every family over there have a bucket of acid ? Where do they get this acid and how do they store it? Is it sold for the purpose of injuring or killing or does it have another purpose.

Do the parents tell the kids 'if you don't eat all your vegetables, we'll through acid on you', like we threaten our kids with timeouts?
    Last edited by mellow; 11-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    The book I want to write: From Showtime to spreadsheet - How analytics killed the NBA.

Yeah you never hear about parents killing their kids here in America.

It's disgusting that we call some of them humans.

Religion.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

What ****ing idiots. Gods. How the **** do you even get ahold of acid strong enough to kill your daughter? The ****?

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Good lord i dont know if its ds ambien or you are a demon spawned from chris angel

*confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Some of the responses here (no names) disturbs me greatly. Reeks of no true ability to empathize...
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---