Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,337
    Total Rep Points
    1216
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    Loss to New Orleans he played 20 min and sucked. And trust me I saw more then 100 games from JV to see where he is better then Kanter ( longer, better passer, better shooter, better FT shooter, better shot blocker, better pick and roll player, better basketball IQ ). Only clear advantage Kanter has is rebounding. Last year you said JV is to skinny to play in NBA, guess what JV is 257lbs, Kanter 242lbs now. Kanter is better suited to play PF, not sure why Jazz trying to make center out of him. I see Kanter as good rebounder, or R.Evans with better offense. JV on the other hand could very easily be top 3 center in NBA in 3-4 years.
    But nevermind, it is water under the bridge now.
    Kanter badly needed game experience and he skipped on Turkey national team - not a smart decision which is haunting him now. All these workouts and Pilates is for nothing if you have no clue what to do with the ball when double teams come.
    Why did Kanter tear apart Jonas every time they played each other then?

  2. #17
    Premium Member Enes CanTear You Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    3,761
    Total Rep Points
    16556
    Rep Adjustment Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Jazzfanz voted Kanter off way too early in the Survivor, then just a few weeks later declared him the most likely superstar. Now people are down a little again after just a few games. I need to stop being surprised by these things.

    My opinion of Kanter has always been that he'll be a guy that will likely get us 15 PPG, but has the potential to reach the 17-18 PPG range, as well as pulling down 13 RPG. So, yes, I think he's future All-Star material, especially in a league so void of true big men.
    This.

    And, just don't underestimate Kanter's talents. His career which is a really short one yet, is full of wrong decisions and lacks game time and experience. So, even just because of this fact solely, it'll take a lot longer him to utilize his talents.

    And all the ill luck of him, made him drafted by a wrong team for his own good. Even though the Jazz team is the only one that I'm truly a fan of in the NBA, I believe it would be way better for everyone if the Jazz drafted JV and the Cavaliers had taken Kanter. Thus, Enes would find the minutes he desperately needs and the Jazz would have stashed JV overseas for a year like the Raptors did, until they get rid of the Big Pain this year. At least this way JV wouldn't be behind of Big Hole as long as Enes will do.

  3.  

     

  4. #18
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,395
    Total Rep Points
    15837
    Rep Adjustment Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    It took Kanter full season to record single double double in NBA. It took JV first game to do that.
    Minutes. Kindly shut the **** up.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  5. #19
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Minutes. Kindly shut the **** up.
    This.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #20
    Senior Member CitizenofCapua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Look at my "nick".
    Posts
    1,074
    Total Rep Points
    2718
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    He played 20 minutes in his first NBA game as well vs Lakers last year.
    Oh, i remember that game. Could you bother to tell us his stats of that games?

  7. #21
    Senior Member jazzyapma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Antalya
    Posts
    1,087
    Total Rep Points
    2716
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Enes CanTear You Apart View Post
    This.

    And, just don't underestimate Kanter's talents. His career which is a really short one yet, is full of wrong decisions and lacks game time and experience. So, even just because of this fact solely, it'll take a lot longer him to utilize his talents.

    And all the ill luck of him, made him drafted by a wrong team for his own good. Even though the Jazz team is the only one that I'm truly a fan of in the NBA, I believe it would be way better for everyone if the Jazz drafted JV and the Cavaliers had taken Kanter. Thus, Enes would find the minutes he desperately needs and the Jazz would have stashed JV overseas for a year like the Raptors did, until they get rid of the Big Pain this year. At least this way JV wouldn't be behind of Big Hole as long as Enes will do.
    I'm just glad that my favorite team, the Jazz drafted Enes. Yes he lacks the PT behind Big Ole! But he is learning basketball. SLC may not be the attraction center for young millionaires, that's what I would say luck. In the offseason, we saw what Enes would do if he was in LA. So it's for his best interest to play for Utah until his hormones calm down. He's just 20. If he will make an impact in the NBA, he has to progress slowly. I'm happy he hasn't lost himself. In a couple of years, I believe he will improve metally, wisdomwise. Then, he will be an AllStar.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

  8. #22
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,217
    Total Rep Points
    3544
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Minutes. Kindly shut the **** up.
    skills, experience, basketball IQ.
    Thanks.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

  9. #23
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,217
    Total Rep Points
    3544
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    Why did Kanter tear apart Jonas every time they played each other then?
    Not every time. do you research. Plus Kanter was bigger when they were 16 year old, just early growth spurt. Easy to dominate young peers when you way so much more physically mature. Koufos dominated everybody even more then Kanter did in U-18 .
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

  10. #24
    Senior Member AKMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,217
    Total Rep Points
    3544
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Oh, i remember that game. Could you bother to tell us his stats of that games?
    5pts, 11reb.
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

  11. #25
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,174
    Total Rep Points
    49273
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Minutes. Kindly shut the **** up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    skills, experience, basketball IQ.
    Thanks.
    You suck at this.
    #dumptruckin

  12. #26
    Premium Member Enes CanTear You Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    3,761
    Total Rep Points
    16556
    Rep Adjustment Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    I'm just glad that my favorite team, the Jazz drafted Enes. Yes he lacks the PT behind Big Ole! But he is learning basketball. SLC may not be the attraction center for young millionaires, that's what I would say luck. In the offseason, we saw what Enes would do if he was in LA. So it's for his best interest to play for Utah until his hormones calm down. He's just 20. If he will make an impact in the NBA, he has to progress slowly. I'm happy he hasn't lost himself. In a couple of years, I believe he will improve metally, wisdomwise. Then, he will be an AllStar.
    I hope you're right. Actually you are speaking my second thoughts, I think alike especially when Enes plays bad(or can't get mins) and discourage me. But honestly, his antics in the summer are not my concern so much. He looked weird all this summer but I think he was just trying to blend in. Maybe he just didn't perceived yet that Utah is a bit different from the other states. Plus, character wise, he's not a golden boy anyway, like Furkan or Aşık and probably won't be ever. But thankfully he's not a Semih Erden either, you know what I mean.

  13. #27
    Premium Member Enes CanTear You Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    3,761
    Total Rep Points
    16556
    Rep Adjustment Power
    64
    @AKMVP, I like you on the contrary of the most posters here(because you know Euroball well and you like soccer) but honestly I don't understand why almost half of your posts are about Kanter and 95% of them are negative. He's done something to you?

    Kanter is a talented, promising young big men, period. He just can't catch a break and get to play(albeit he's also guilty about it), that's the main reason of most of his struggles.

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    39
    Total Rep Points
    453
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Hey, guys. New here. Fan from Brazil. Kanter killed in the preseason because no team was ready for him. They started paying attention. He'll likely adjust. 7 preseason games don't make him an all-star. The first 4 games of the season don't make him a bust.
    It's always great to overreact though. After all, where would be the the fun of discussing Jazz basketball if we were all reasonable?

  15. #29
    Senior Member jazzyapma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Antalya
    Posts
    1,087
    Total Rep Points
    2716
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Enes CanTear You Apart View Post
    I hope you're right. Actually you are speaking my second thoughts, I think alike especially when Enes plays bad(or can't get mins) and discourage me. But honestly, his antics in the summer are not my concern so much. He looked weird all this summer but I think he was just trying to blend in. Maybe he just didn't perceived yet that Utah is a bit different from the other states. Plus, character wise, he's not a golden boy anyway, like Furkan or Aşık and probably won't be ever. But thankfully he's not a Semih Erden either, you know what I mean.
    He has ego as much as Bülent Ersoy now. I hope in the near future he would be as modest as Kerem Gönlüm.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

  16. #30
    Senior Member JAZZGASM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    745
    Total Rep Points
    2064
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    Last year I was worried about Kanter. I knew he'd been out of competition for a while and he was young, but his play last year was pretty bad. Seeing the huge leap he made in the offseason makes me think the Jazz made the right choice in picking him. He's still really young, and he's shown he has a strong work ethic and his talent level has taken a huge leap.

    The biggest problem in todays NBA is you have too many players that call it in. They already have sponsors when they come in to the league and coaches don't coach, they babysit. (the reason Phil Jackson was a good coach.).

    Kanter has shown he's willing to work, listen and be a good teammate. And I'm confident he'll become a solid big man with a good all-around game. He can hit a 15 footer and he can be a bruiser too. Hell, he is the only post player we have the consistently gets double teamed. (Now he needs to develop his court awareness and passing out of the double).

    I'm excited for what the future brings when Kanter can get out of Big Al's shadow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •