Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

If you have the slightest inclination to vote for someone other than an R or D, just do it!

Lesser of two evils? I've got the lesser of two evils for you, don't vote for either one of them. Vote for someone else...anyone else! I don't know if things will ever change but one thing I do know is that the difference between what Republicans and Democrats do after they're elected is so small it basically doesn't matter which one you choose. If you vote straight party either way you're basically voting for the illusion of choice because you are voting to keep the system the way it is.

Just say NO! to the two party system that is running this nation into the ground!

Let's get this party started.

(Thanks Trout for talking me out of sitting on my hands)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I second this. "Illusion of choice" says it all...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've been writing myself in for years.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I cast a vote for Jon Huntsman.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How long have I been saying this as well? I'll be writing in Ron Paul today.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Amen brotha.

Vote for who you want. It does you no good to vote for the lesser of two evils. Thats the most idiotic theory ever.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I voted for Gameface

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would wager at least half and maybe 2/3s of those voting for Romney are just voting against Bronco Alabama

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I couldn't agree more. I voted Ron Paul. Will he win, no. But he's my guy and I am voting for who I want to be my President, not for who has the best chance. I hate the two party system. I wish more Americans would vote for the candidate they like, regardless of party.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by crater77 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I voted Ron Paul. Will he win, no. But he's my guy and I am voting for who I want to be my President, not for who has the best chance. I hate the two party system. I wish more Americans would vote for the candidate they like, regardless of party.
    Here here!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I voted for Stein.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    I would wager at least half and maybe 2/3s of those voting for Romney are just voting against Bronco Alabama
    Good thing you're inside or you would turn to stone.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The two party system is bad for this country, but so are Republicans.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The theory of voting for whom you think best rather than just voting for the standard D or R is a great one.... except in States that can truly decide the election. I would agree that "the lesser of two evils" idea is ridiculous and not the way to choose; however, in the current political system, it is what dominates. Should it? No. Things would probably be better if more than two parties (which are both incredibly corrupt) actually had to legitimately fight to win against a 3rd party option.

That being said, this idea always brings up the 1992 election. People did not like either option from the major two parties (Bush Sr. and Clinton) so many voted for Ross Perot. Obviously Ross Perot didn't win - he didn't really even have a shot but it allowed Clinton to win because a good majority of those votes that went to Perot probably would have gone to Bush Sr. And here we are, 20 years later trying to find a way to fix what Clinton broke in his 8 years in office. That is why I personally choose to vote for a candidate from the two major political parties (at least at the national level). I know nothing will change unless people begin to do something to change it (i.e. vote for a third party) but too much is at stake to allow one of the candidates to win in the same way that Clinton won in 92.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    The two party system is bad for this country, but so are Republicans.
    Defiant to the end. Love it.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy