Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    22,941
    Total Rep Points
    31822
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100

    What Will The Fall Out Be?

    What, if any fallout will come from a:

    Obama loss.

    Romney loss.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  2.  

     

  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    only obama loss would cause any fallout .......

  4. #3
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    22,941
    Total Rep Points
    31822
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Also if Romney were to win a Storm Sandy affected state such as New Jersey that he wouldn't normally win?
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  5. #4
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,724
    Total Rep Points
    14626
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Stoked I'm not sure what will bring our country closer together other than a world war. So maybe it is better if Romney is elected
    #beinsorryyoformario

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,426
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    I disagree KK. I think most people and companies are very reactionary. Correct me if I'm wrong small business owners here on this site, but I feel like Obamacare has hurt your small businesses more than helped. I also doubt the economy will improve much over the next few years because corporations will have little faith to hire due to his re-election. I'm not saying none will. Look at GM but few and far between will. It's silly in many ways really. If they're making the money and need employees, they should hire. But I think they'll still run very guarded. On the other hand, if Mitt won, I think companies would feel a breathe of fresh air and be more likely to hire a little more.

    So this is the "fallout" if Obama wins. I also think the housing market will remain stagnant and that rates will lower even more, possibly approaching the 2's on a 30 year fixed at some point.

  7. #6
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,496
    Total Rep Points
    9130
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    Preppie Riots if Romney loses. If you don't own a Starbucks, Nieman Marcus or Apple Store, I'd board up your windows now.

  8. #7
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    100 acre woods
    Posts
    6,392
    Total Rep Points
    18024
    Rep Adjustment Power
    79
    I think that lawsuits are highly likely.

    I think riots/flash mobs are likely if Romney wins.

    I think increased hording and EOW Prepping is likely if Obama wins.

    I think war with Syria and possibly Iran is likely by early February regardless who wins.
    Out of nowhere, the Utah Jazz are both frightening and fascinating and there is suddenly no limit to their potential. -SBNation 8 march, 2015.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I disagree KK. I think most people and companies are very reactionary. Correct me if I'm wrong small business owners here on this site, but I feel like Obamacare has hurt your small businesses more than helped. I also doubt the economy will improve much over the next few years because corporations will have little faith to hire due to his re-election. I'm not saying none will. Look at GM but few and far between will. It's silly in many ways really. If they're making the money and need employees, they should hire. But I think they'll still run very guarded. On the other hand, if Mitt won, I think companies would feel a breathe of fresh air and be more likely to hire a little more.

    So this is the "fallout" if Obama wins. I also think the housing market will remain stagnant and that rates will lower even more, possibly approaching the 2's on a 30 year fixed at some point.
    I was thinking more along the lines of riots etc .......

  10. #9
    CRIMINAL Lawyer Sirkickyass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    5,340
    Total Rep Points
    6047
    Rep Adjustment Power
    39
    If Romney loses it's basically the status quo so I don't know what possible fall-out that would be. Besides, other than a week in October that's always seemed like the inevitable outcome if you were paying attention to poll analysis.

    If Obama loses we're going to have to have a serious discussion about the how polls are conducted. Oh, and many liberals will be promptly made to eat their pledges to move to Canada.

  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,426
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    I think that lawsuits are highly likely.

    I think riots/flash mobs are likely if Romney wins.

    I think increased hording and EOW Prepping is likely if Obama wins.

    I think war with Syria and possibly Iran is likely by early February regardless who wins.
    Lawsuits? Please expound.

  12. #11
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,968
    Total Rep Points
    12832
    Rep Adjustment Power
    60

  13. #12
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    22,941
    Total Rep Points
    31822
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Lawsuits? Please expound.
    Lawsuits are already happening in FL and PA.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  14. #13
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    22,941
    Total Rep Points
    31822
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    If Romney loses it's basically the status quo so I don't know what possible fall-out that would be. Besides, other than a week in October that's always seemed like the inevitable outcome if you were paying attention to poll analysis.

    If Obama loses we're going to have to have a serious discussion about the how polls are conducted. Oh, and many liberals will be promptly made to eat their pledges to move to Canada.
    From what I am reading the polls this time around have been based on 2008 turnout and that is not acutally the case. If that is true the Obama has a very real chance of losing this.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  15. #14
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    100 acre woods
    Posts
    6,392
    Total Rep Points
    18024
    Rep Adjustment Power
    79
    This morning NBC (or another talking head) was laying out scenarios where the election came down to Ohio or Florida and the margin of victory would be less than the number of outstanding ballots (absintee and provisional ballots). They suggested that at that point both parties would begin immediate legal actions to block certain ballots from being counted. And that the entire process would be a series of suits/complaints and appeals.

    They said in a doomsday scenario in Ohio it could take up to 30 days to determine a winner, most of that time would be waiting for lawsuits.
    Out of nowhere, the Utah Jazz are both frightening and fascinating and there is suddenly no limit to their potential. -SBNation 8 march, 2015.

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,426
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    This morning NBC (or another talking head) was laying out scenarios where the election came down to Ohio or Florida and the margin of victory would be less than the number of outstanding ballots (absintee and provisional ballots). They suggested that at that point both parties would begin immediate legal actions to block certain ballots from being counted. And that the entire process would be a series of suits/complaints and appeals.

    They said in a doomsday scenario in Ohio it could take up to 30 days to determine a winner, most of that time would be waiting for lawsuits.
    Ugh...so we're gonna have a close election that involves lawsuits that aren't resolved up until early December, at which point Romney will win, and our worst enemies will flip their **** that a multi-wived Mormon is our next President, and WW3 or the end of the world begins a couple weeks later. Hence, 12/21/12. **** us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •