Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Level

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Rep Level
    I hope not. If Jerry gets back into coaching I want to be able to root for his team.

Rep Level
    Jerry had a hard time handling Deron. I'm sure Kobe won't be a problem at all.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb View Post
    Jerry had a hard time handling Deron. I'm sure Kobe won't be a problem at all.
    Kobe, a problem? Where do you get this nonsense from?

Rep Level
    I think I recall reading that Kobe and Sloan like each other.

Rep Level
    Come back, Coach. All is forgiven.

Rep Level
    Howard would be a bigger problem than Kobe.

Rep Level
    that'd be fun.

Rep Level
    I dont think he is coming back, or ever coaching again.

Rep Level
    I highly doubt Kobe would have a problem with Sloan, at least, he would be the least of Sloan's concerns. Kobe would respect Sloan. Ron Artest and Howard would be the bigger issues. Ugh, Sloan to LA is worse than Malone to LA. Say it ain't so, anyone.

Rep Level
    Neg rep away but the part of me that detests Greggy Miller for not supporting Sloan over Benedict Williams, wouldn't mind seeing this happen. Of course, I loathe Howard for the circus he created. And I hate Kobe and MWP. But Jerry was let down by KOC and Miller. He owes nothing to the Jazz. Utah is fast becoming the new LA Clippers org. No, I take that back...the Clippers at least had enough sense to play their young guys. Their problem used to be they'd develop them for a future team.

Sloan would right the ship and he just might get a COY award. And he'd have a shot at a title.

Hey, if the Jazz can't win it, I want anyone EXCEPT Miami (and Brooklyn).

Rep Level
    Ive heard Sloan or D'Antoni. Makes sense since they are soooo similar.

Rep Level
    Neg rep away but the part of me that detests Greggy Miller for not supporting Sloan over Benedict Williams, wouldn't mind seeing this happen.
    You ever get burned out at work? I do quite often when I work 60 hour weeks for a month with no time off.

Maybe just maybe Sloan was actually burned out and needed a break just like he's said again and again. Here's a thought for you, if Sloan was really not supported by the team, than why is one of his best friends Phil Johnson still working for the organisation as a commentator? If your good friend at work was hosed by the company would you go back and hang around the place?

The thing is that if Sloan had just taken a year off, than Corbin would have been 'Pat Rile'd' by his return and the team honestly thinks that Corbin is the future of the head coach. That is why Sloan and Phil retired so equivocally instead of leaving any sense of doubt. Obviously Sloan isn't quite done yet, but if he had hinted at coming back to the Jazz it would have undercut Corbin's position which isn't fair to him.

I don't know what Corbin's future is, but I am positive that he was the heir apparent at the time of Sloan's and Phil's retirement.

Rep Level
    Any team but the Lakers.

Any team

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    You need to watch as much of Giannis as you can. He's the next big thing, right now I'd srsly consider taking him over Wuggins and Jabari.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Rep Level
    I think Sloan would be a perfect fit for the Lakers. What makes him a perfect fit for the current Lakers are;

1) First of all, he got a respectable history as a coach and if a problem exists in the team, as a player you would be the weird and the problematical guy. Look at the instance of Deron Williams. Mike Brown is so vulnerable for me on this matter. And we all know Lakers got too many problem makers on their current roster.

2) He's a defensive minded coach. Look at how awful they are at the defensive end. He'll definitely be helpful on that area.

3) The ineffectiveness of Steve Nash so far is bothersome. Sloan have coached anchors like Malone & Stockton (deadly pick & roll combo) and he knows how much pick & roll (Nash & Dwight) and pick & pop (Nash & Gasol) could be effective. He'll definitely use Nash more effectively, unlike Mike "give it to Kobe" Brown.

Once for all, even if i hate the Lakers i want Sloan to get a ring. He deserves it more than anyone.
    Last edited by CitizenofCapua; 11-07-2012 at 02:09 PM.