Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He'll have to get used to players playing in tuxedos...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Dude's too old. Sure, he could last half a season, but he's going to get tired again especially trying to keep superstars in line. Get the guy and XBox, he shouldn't come back to the NBA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think he would hate the recruiting aspect, but Sloan would make a great college coach. Plus, it is a 20-30-game season rather than an 82-game one.

Don't get me wrong, Sloan would be great with the Lakers, but he would have to figure out how best to use Kobe. Sloan's offense was always the weakest with the 2 and 3 positions.

If the Lakers get rid of Brown, the first call would be to Phil Jackson.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cctrackstar View Post
    Dude's too old. Sure, he could last half a season, but he's going to get tired again especially trying to keep superstars in line. Get the guy and XBox, he shouldn't come back to the NBA.
    Smart move.
    And of course a copy of NBA 2k13.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kobe and Jerry respect each other.

Jerry and Deron didn't in the end.

Jerry could coach the Lakers and at this point I wouldn't even be mad because they would get bounced by the Spurs in the playoffs because He's Jerry Sloan.

But if Jerry coached them to a championship...good for him. And Steve Nash. But not for Kobe or Dwight. That's how I feel.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Would be boo Sloan if he came back to SLC coaching the Lakers? Why or why not?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The last time I saw Sloan interviewed, he seemed much, much older. I think retirement has dulled his senses a bit. It's inevitable I guess.

I doubt he coaches again.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    The last time I saw Sloan interviewed, he seemed much, much older. I think retirement has dulled his senses a bit. It's inevitable I guess.

I doubt he coaches again.
    He looked VERY OLD when they showed him sitting in the stands on opening night. Sloan needs to enjoy his retirement. He made enough money...now go out and travel some, enjoy the years he has left.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    I think Sloan would be a perfect fit for the Lakers. What makes him a perfect fit for the current Lakers are;

1) First of all, he got a respectable history as a coach and if a problem exists in the team, as a player you would be the weird and the problematical guy. Look at the instance of Deron Williams. Mike Brown is so vulnerable for me on this matter. And we all know Lakers got too many problem makers on their current roster.

2) He's a defensive minded coach. Look at how awful they are at the defensive end. He'll definitely be helpful on that area.

3) The ineffectiveness of Steve Nash so far is bothersome. Sloan have coached anchors like Malone & Stockton (deadly pick & roll combo) and he knows how much pick & roll (Nash & Dwight) and pick & pop (Nash & Gasol) could be effective. He'll definitely use Nash more effectively, unlike Mike "give it to Kobe" Brown.

Once for all, even if i hate the Lakers i want Sloan to get a ring. He deserves it more than anyone.
    Brown is a defensive guru that is his claim to fame and why he was hired. Sloan would do no better on the defensive end, likely worse. The Lakers are just old.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Would be boo Sloan if he came back to SLC coaching the Lakers? Why or why not?
    I can't see a scenario where Sloan would be boo'd. If Jazz fans booed him than they really would be the most classless fans ever. Jerry Sloan gave the Jazz organization a lot. There were greener pastures if he wanted to at anytime in his career. He stuck around when things were good and bad. No reason to boo him. Ever.