Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,712
    Total Rep Points
    -613
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0

    You heard it here first!

    This Jazz team will lose 30+ road games and lose 10+ home games which means they will play about .500 ball and possibly sneak into the 8th seed and get there butts handed to them in the first round again. Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,447
    Total Rep Points
    1631
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    My thoughts are that right now the Jazz have played 4 games, 3 of them against teams that finished above them last year record wise. 2 of them on the road. I'm not going to judge this team right now after 4 games. esp with the schedule they have to start the season

  3. #3
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Posts
    10,847
    Total Rep Points
    9034
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    I'll just bookmark this thread and refer back to it if you're totally wrong.

  4.  

     

  5. #4
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,712
    Total Rep Points
    -613
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    I'll just bookmark this thread and refer back to it if you're totally wrong.
    ...the chances of me being totally wrong on this are about as great as someone breaking Stockton's assist and steals career totals!

  6. #5
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46,841
    Total Rep Points
    47981
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    This Jazz team will lose 30+ road games and lose 10+ home games which means they will play about .500 ball and possibly sneak into the 8th seed and get there butts handed to them in the first round again. Your thoughts?
    I don't think it's as ridiculous as others here, for sure .. but I do think you're hating a bit strongly.
    #dumptruckin

  7. #6
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,712
    Total Rep Points
    -613
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
    My thoughts are that right now the Jazz have played 4 games, 3 of them against teams that finished above them last year record wise. 2 of them on the road. I'm not going to judge this team right now after 4 games. esp with the schedule they have to start the season
    ...we have lost to two chump teams and have played poorly in 3 of the 4 games. We still can't shoot, we turn the ball over way too much and our assist totals are pathetically low. This is a .500 team at best.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    in liquid hot lava
    Posts
    10,227
    Total Rep Points
    20192
    Rep Adjustment Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...we have lost to two chump teams and have played poorly in 3 of the 4 games. We still can't shoot, we turn the ball over way too much and our assist totals are pathetically low. This is a .500 team at best.
    Well in all fairness its sort of a new team. It has new parts and a new strategy. It does take time to gel. Especially for a group of guys that arent superstars, and rely on rehearsed team play. Even new teams with stars coming aboard take time. Take a look at the Lakers this year and the Heat their first year. Its also a relatively young team. Young teams dont fair well on the road.

    We have started off bad, but I think we will find our groove as soon as we hit a home stretch and we gain some confidence as a team. I think we will be better than last year too. But we will have times like this during the season. It can be frustrating with big Al too, because I think he just gets in the way. There is hope still we make a move.

  9. #8
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The dark void between summer league and training camp
    Posts
    10,847
    Total Rep Points
    9034
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    ...we have lost to two chump teams and have played poorly in 3 of the 4 games. We still can't shoot, we turn the ball over way too much and our assist totals are pathetically low. This is a .500 team at best.
    So you're saying either the Spurs or Grizzlies are a chump team? Wrong.

  10. #9
    bordelais7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,475
    Total Rep Points
    7712
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    This Jazz team will lose 30+ road games and lose 10+ home games which means they will play about .500 ball and possibly sneak into the 8th seed and get there butts handed to them in the first round again. Your thoughts?
    Lost 28 road games
    Lost 11 home games
    finished .524 on the season
    9th seed

    Not bad. The Accountability Police gives you a B+.
    ^^^this

  11. #10
    I Like Warm Hugs Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,530
    Total Rep Points
    25139
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    43-39 and almost snuck into the playoffs. Damn good prediction!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •