Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 200
  1. #166
    Senior Member Broncster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Posts
    860
    Total Rep Points
    1548
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    To those who were at the game, who did D12 go talk to over by the jazz Bench at the end of the game??
    He was just confirming that Jazz would have cap space to sign him and CP3 next year.

  2. #167
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,713
    Total Rep Points
    20475
    Rep Adjustment Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    He was just confirming that Jazz would have cap space to sign him and CP3 next year.


    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

  3. #168
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Downtown talking to Toure Murry!
    Posts
    3,573
    Total Rep Points
    6984
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    I'll rep you when you change your avatar. Plus you'll get another rep power point soon when you hit 5K posts.
    Get off the mans nuts, dude.

    I could eat a peach for hours.

  4. #169
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Posts
    10,955
    Total Rep Points
    9515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Get off the mans nuts, dude.
    We're buds, all right?

  5. #170
    Senior Member Mambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Consciousness
    Posts
    643
    Total Rep Points
    73
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    I was surrounded by so many Laker fans at the game tonight it made my skin crawl. Luckily they had nothing to talk about and most of them were chewing out steve blake and mike brown, but of course they praise kobe for every foul shot and said it was the right call. Felt good to see most of them leave with 3minutes left in the game.

  6. #171
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,585
    Total Rep Points
    9052
    Rep Adjustment Power
    47
    I'd guess that at least half the crowd to 60 percent were Lakers fans tonight. Unreal.

    I too was surrounded by Lakers fans. Luckily, they were pretty cool and quiet. A few sections over there were annoying ass Lakers fans who kept cheering, "Lets Go Lakers!" Until late in the 4th when they left...

    A few thoughts

    #1 Tinsley is worthless. He is the new Raja Bell/Harpring. Corbin must be playing Tinsley for his "leadership" and veteran "savy" over Burks...

    #2 Jazz have no offensive identity right now. Big Al lacks the explosivness to be a go to person. Marvin, Millsap, and Hayward, just aren't go to guys. Favors and Kanter aren't. We literally only have 2 guys who can create, Mo and Burks. Unfortunately, one is playing while the other is not.

    #3 Foye saved us tonight. Lakers were making a run until he stopped them.

    #4 If Nash plays, we lose. Blake missed several wide open 3s that Nash would have most likely nailed.

    #5 FT disparity... I want to blame some of this on the refs. But I also want to blame it on our own lack of offensive identity. We're in year 3 of this experiment with Jefferson and Millsap and we still have no clue what to expect out of these guys. This is the #1 reason why we lose on the road. Like a solid run game in football, getting to the FT line controls the tempo of the game. Knowing that when you have to have points that you can get to the FT line is huge. We still don't do this. We prefer to shoot jumpers and weezys than cowboy up, take it to the rack, and get to the FT line.

    #6 The Lakers are really slow. A big part of it might be age. But the other part is that they have no clue how to play together. The old Lakers team with Odom and Fisher had great chemistry. That's not happening quite yet.
    Lakers Suck.

  7. #172
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,713
    Total Rep Points
    20475
    Rep Adjustment Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I was surrounded by so many Laker fans at the game tonight it made my skin crawl. Luckily they had nothing to talk about and most of them were chewing out steve blake and mike brown, but of course they praise kobe for every foul shot and said it was the right call. Felt good to see most of them leave with 3minutes left in the game.
    Who did Dwight talk to at the jazz bench at the end of the game??
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

  8. #173
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,585
    Total Rep Points
    9052
    Rep Adjustment Power
    47
    One last thought..

    Kanter.

    Don't know why he and Favors aren't spoonfed more.

    Both need more PT and both need more offensive involvement.

    We just flat out don't have offensive identity. Sometimes we try and jam it down other teams' throats with Jefferson. And that strategy sucks. He shoots a poor percentage, doesn't get to the FT line, and rarely passes the ball out.
    Sometimes we're a pick and roll team, usually our best option.
    Sometimes we try and play like the old Suns by running and gunning and sometimes this works.

    We just have no idea what to do offensively other than hope that Mo creates and that guys get open on the perimeter and our bigs rebound their misses. It's bad man, real bad. Corbin is in over his head.

    Even without a "franchise player" we need to decide what we want to do. If it's play higher tempo then we need to do so and stop trying to post Big Al up so often. Go small fast ball, take out Big Al, insert Favors at the 5, and roll with Millsap, Hayward, burks/Foye, and Mo and watch that team run and gun.
    If it's to run our half court sets then we need to run those sets through matchup advantages and not just posting up Big Al. Take out Tinsley and put in someone like Burks and run the half court offense through him. Burks would have killed Blake tonight... Other times, run the offense through Millsap. Other times, when matchups are in our favor, Hayward. Create mismatches and run the offense through those.
    Lakers Suck.

  9. #174
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    12,000
    Total Rep Points
    24388
    Rep Adjustment Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    One last thought..

    Kanter.

    Don't know why he and Favors aren't spoonfed more.

    Both need more PT and both need more offensive involvement.

    We just flat out don't have offensive identity. Sometimes we try and jam it down other teams' throats with Jefferson. And that strategy sucks. He shoots a poor percentage, doesn't get to the FT line, and rarely passes the ball out.
    Sometimes we're a pick and roll team, usually our best option.
    Sometimes we try and play like the old Suns by running and gunning and sometimes this works.

    We just have no idea what to do offensively other than hope that Mo creates and that guys get open on the perimeter and our bigs rebound their misses. It's bad man, real bad. Corbin is in over his head.

    Even without a "franchise player" we need to decide what we want to do. If it's play higher tempo then we need to do so and stop trying to post Big Al up so often. Go small fast ball, take out Big Al, insert Favors at the 5, and roll with Millsap, Hayward, burks/Foye, and Mo and watch that team run and gun.
    If it's to run our half court sets then we need to run those sets through matchup advantages and not just posting up Big Al. Take out Tinsley and put in someone like Burks and run the half court offense through him. Burks would have killed Blake tonight... Other times, run the offense through Millsap. Other times, when matchups are in our favor, Hayward. Create mismatches and run the offense through those.
    Interesting. So, you think Corbin should like, you know, coach?

  10. #175
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17
    Total Rep Points
    54
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    I'm a spurs fan from spurstalk (I signed up during the spurs/jazz playoff round last season). While it's a safe bet that jazz fans and spurs fans probably don't like each other, it's a safer bet that fans of both teams hate prima donna superstar teams like the Lakers even more.

    I watched this game and I was actively rooting for the Jazz to win, and I'm glad they delivered. It's unbelievably satisfying to see the privileged class of the NBA (L.A. fans) fail so miserably relative to expectations.

  11. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    160
    Total Rep Points
    63
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by STdmvp View Post
    I'm a spurs fan from spurstalk (I signed up during the spurs/jazz playoff round last season). While it's a safe bet that jazz fans and spurs fans probably don't like each other, it's a safer bet that fans of both teams hate prima donna superstar teams like the Lakers even more.

    I watched this game and I was actively rooting for the Jazz to win, and I'm glad they delivered. It's unbelievably satisfying to see the privileged class of the NBA (L.A. fans) fail so miserably relative to expectations.
    I personally respect the Spurs organization for what they did. (In fact, I really like the way the team is built, how Manu plays, and how everything seems so easy for them on the floor). But everyone likes seeing teams like the Lakers lose. They are always overhyped in the media. And as a Spurs fan, you realize that nobody is talking about you until you win a championship or win 20 some odd games in a row. Jazz and Spurs are very similar and liking either team is very similar.

    I would imagine it being hard to be a Laker or Yankee fan (legitimately year in and year out) because of the "title or bust" attitude about everything.

  12. #177
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,008
    Total Rep Points
    11796
    Rep Adjustment Power
    57
    Credit to Corbin for finally finding a way to get Burks some real playing time.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  13.  

     

  14. #178
    Senior Member spycam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Drinking your milkshake!
    Posts
    12,000
    Total Rep Points
    24388
    Rep Adjustment Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Credit to Corbin for finally finding a way to get Burks some real playing time.
    10 minutes ain't real.

  15. #179
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In my head, trying to get out more...
    Posts
    6,059
    Total Rep Points
    16600
    Rep Adjustment Power
    66
    Good to see Enes showing the ability to match-up with Howard. He locked him up good. That was an important test for him after that Bynum match-up. Next game, Howard will be pushing him all over the floor for he has tasted his strength.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

    4.17.14


  16. #180
    Senior Member bjunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    926
    Total Rep Points
    1549
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Well, you've got to give Lupe Fuentes some credit for this win.

    Lakers's body language sucks, but that's their problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •