Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Let's start looking to the future

We should've done this last year, and maybe we'd have Lilliard now. But no we had to get that playoff spot to get swept and lose the draft pick. It's pretty evident to me that we need to play the young guys and move the guys who are not going to be part of our future. I'd rather watch the team develop through a losing season and find out if these young guys really have the potential we've all been touting. But another year playing vets to barely make the playoffs and stunting the growth of our young players is going to drive me crazy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How would missing the playoffs last year have landed us Lillard??? We would've picked 14th and a package of our 14th pick with the GS pick wouldn't have been enough for Porty.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We would've only gotten Lillard with the Warriors draft pick, not ours momo.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    We should've done this last year, and maybe we'd have Lilliard now. But no we had to get that playoff spot to get swept and lose the draft pick. It's pretty evident to me that we need to play the young guys and move the guys who are not going to be part of our future. I'd rather watch the team develop through a losing season and find out if these young guys really have the potential we've all been touting. But another year playing vets to barely make the playoffs and stunting the growth of our young players is going to drive me crazy.
    Then you better stop watching because the Jazz are never going to be a team that tanks and only plays young guys. They never have and I doubt they ever well.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
    Then you better stop watching because the Jazz are never going to be a team that tanks and only plays young guys. They never have and I doubt they ever well.
    And they shouldn't. First off I'm not going to criticize GS for tanking then go out and hope the jazz tank. I won't watch a team tank while we have players that can help us win sit the bench.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Besides the young guys are getting minutes except for Burks of course. Was happy that Tinsley didn't play, think Ty is trying to get Burks minutes. The only problem was The team lost all momentum when Burks and Foye came in. Burks didn't exactly do anything to mak Ty give him extra minutes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    But another year playing vets to barely make the playoffs and stunting the growth of our young players is going to drive me crazy.
    You're gonna have so much fun when we play the vets AND miss the playoffs

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I didn't read this thread.

I'm too pissed.. which means there's still hope.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    We would've only gotten Lillard with the Warriors draft pick, not ours momo.
    Lillard went sixth. GSW had protection at that pick. Try again.

Unless, of course, you're one of those people who thinks it would have been easy to just trade that pick to get Lillard.

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is one little conspiracy theory that is missing from this thread. The Jazz are in a perfect position to draft high in the 2014 draft. They are showcasing all of the vet contracts and there will be a fire sale at the trade deadline and the Jazz will take on a bunch of salary while also getting a bunch of draft picks. In the 2013-14 season they will be forced to play almost no vets and because the young guys are so bad the Jazz will get a top 3 pick of their own along with 2 other lottery picks. The future is bright, just not for another couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm not saying we would've gotten Lillard but we would've been in a good position to make a deal to get him. I'm not talking about tanking this season either. Just give the young guys a chance, especially when the vets aren't looking so good. Spread the minutes around. It's obvious we're not there yet.

One thing that drives me crazy is that our defense and offense are so predictable. That's why the Spurs have our number. Pop knows exactly what we're going to do before even we know what we're going to do: He knows we're going to collapse on the cutter; he knows someone's going to be open in the corner on the weakside and if we rotate quickly, it's going to leave someone open out front for a three -- that's why Bonner's sole purpose in life is to play against the Jazz. On offense, he knows we're going to get it inside so they will collapse, knowing our bigs aren't going to pass the ball back out quick enough. So predictable.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck View Post
    Lillard went sixth. GSW had protection at that pick. Try again.

Unless, of course, you're one of those people who thinks it would have been easy to just trade that pick to get Lillard.
    It would have been possible with the 8th and more. It wouldn't have been close to possible with the 14th and more. Unless the "and more" is Favors.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Every once in a while, I forget how retarded some Jazz fans can be, then I see a thread like this one and I quickly remember.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Actually if you did it right, it was possible to land Lillard. We wouldnt just have started tanking at the end and barely miss the playoffs. What good would that do? Im an advocate that we should have tanked. This is how you do it. You trade one, two, or all the players you could last year minus the core four. So that would have been Al, Millsap, Harris, Howard, or whoever we wanted. Maybe even keep Millsap and do away with the rest. Or even just Al. But if you went with just Al we probably would have been better. So that might not have worked. So Al + a few others.

This is how it works. We trade away the vets for bad contracts and picks. We would have got a lot for Al too, dont fool yourself. He isnt as hard to move as people think. Look at what Houston did for example. Now that we have done that we now have time to play and develop our young core, all while probably losing a lot of games. Our crappy record then pushes the Golden state pick back one as well. At that point we probably have the 6 pick or better plus the 8 or 9 from GS. Dont forget about the games last year too that we beat GS, those games we probably lose because we arent that good. Then there is the possibility that we could have won the first pick over all and landed Anthony Davis.

Ya its too late now, but I just think that was a better direction for the franchise at that point in time. We would have increased our odds of landing a star all the while getting rid of this stupid Al Jefferson offense that isnt going to be here in a year anyways. We also wasted valuable time getting guys experience that wont be on the team next year, and guys who arent on the team any more either. I know that we would have been bad for a while, but I would be willing to wait. Because I would have a lot more hope that the team could actually win a championship one day. Watching the our rooks would have been much funner anyways.

How about this for a core going forward if we did it and it worked

Lillard
    Hayward
    Barnes/Drummond
    Kanter
    Favors
    Burks
    + Whatever picks we obtained from our trades.

That was actually obtainable last year, and we decided that we would pass all for a pathetic blow out in the playoffs, and another frustrating team this year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It doesn't matter if we got Lillard or not, Foye and Tinsley would be getting minutes because they are proven players.