Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah, the good old days were awesome. You know who had a real good work ethic during those days? Slaves. But they couldn't vote. You know who else? Women. But they couldn't vote either.

Dutch Gone Countdown: 378 Posts left as of 10:50 PM MST on 11/19/14. At an average of about 6 posts a day, estimated Dutch Gone Time is 63 days from now (1/21/15)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cctrackstar View Post
    Yeah, so I've lost my faith in America.

What we have here is a change in society. When the constitution was originally written, everyone in the country had to pretty much stand on there own two feet or die of hunger. Most everyone had either a farm or a manufacturing thing and the ratio of employee to employer wasn't very high. Back then most every vote was equal because everyone knew how to work. Now we live in the world of giant corporations where a handful of people have tons of assets but they employ hundreds of uneducated minions, all of which have the same equal vote as their doctorate wielding bosses. This means that elections are being decided by people who don't even have a high school diploma rather then people with over eight years of college education. (Yes I realize that people back in early America didn't have an education either, but they still had a much higher work ethic than dude working the counter at Walmart)
    Georgia was a colony of convicts if memory serves. Sounds like you think that old educated white should only be allowed to vote. Please tell me I'm reading this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lets face it...

The GOP was crucified tonight because there is more to this country than Christian white males.

The bigotry, sexism, homophobia, moral posturing, and ignorance just sunk their ship.

Week after week we read offensive comment after offensive comment regarding folks out of work, folks who didn't pay income taxes, folks who were going to college, unionized folks, educated folks, science folks, teacher folks, Muslim folks, retired folks, black folks, brown folks, folks who came here illegally (but have otherwise lived productive lifestyles), folks who believe they should be married, etc.

While I'm not sure many are crazy about Obama... The fact is, they couldn't identify themselves with the GOP. That umbrella which the Democrats hold, though it might have holes and smells like Big Al, is still an umbrella. While the GOP? Is refusing to share that umbrella to anyone who doesn't fit their very small (white Christian male) mold.

if the GOP hopes to win another Presidential election then they must tap into that minorities resource. They need to gain more votes from women, Hispanics/African Americans, and homosexuals.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's......ALIVE!!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Plenty of <insert race/gender/minority> in college these days, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with education. Knowledge of the issues. People working the counters at <insert random store> who don't study economics aren't aware that if the government taxes the hell out of their boss to pay for millions of unemployed voters then their boss is going to either have to cut wages or lay off people which creates more unemployed voters who then vote for the guy who is going to tax someone else's boss so that these people can get a handout instead of trying to get a job that doesn't exist anymore because nobody wants to own a company if it's easier to just get a handout. If something doesn't change in this pattern, it's depression time.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Plenty of <insert race/gender/minority> in college these days, it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with education. Knowledge of the issues. People working the counters at <insert random store> who don't study economics aren't aware that if the government taxes the hell out of their boss to pay for millions of unemployed voters then their boss is going to either have to cut wages or lay off people which creates more unemployed voters who then vote for the guy who is going to tax someone else's boss so that these people can get a handout instead of trying to get a job that doesn't exist anymore because nobody wants to own a company if it's easier to just get a handout. If something doesn't change in this pattern, it's depression time.
    Ah, so all cashiers and retail workers are dumb idiots who don't know that the economy is so simple to figure out that two sentences can describe it. Thank you for educating all of the plebians out there.

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As of now Florida has 100% of precincts reporting and Obama is about 46,000 votes ahead. The race has still not been called. Is this because of provisional ballots and/or overseas military ballots?

As is, it's looking like the electoral number is going to be 332 for Obama, which will make the electoral spread 126 between the candidates.

Around the country, barring a change from provisional ballots or some other space, it appears that with 100% of precincts reporting that Allen West has lost his seat in Flordia, Michelle Bachmann will keep her seat in Minnesota, and Mia Love will not win in Utah.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah, so I've lost my faith in America.

What we have here is a change in society. When the constitution was originally written, everyone in the country had to pretty much stand on there own two feet or die of hunger.

So what you're saying is that over 250 years a society changes. This is new information that I find highly shocking.

Most everyone had either a farm or a manufacturing thing and the ratio of employee to employer wasn't very high.
    Well, except for slaves and child labor. But since we didn't pay them or barely paid them I guess they weren't employees.

Back then most every vote was equal because everyone knew how to work.
    Well every white male property-owning vote was equal. Everyone else's vote was worth nothing.

Now we live in the world of giant corporations where a handful of people have tons of assets but they employ hundreds of uneducated minions, all of which have the same equal vote as their doctorate wielding bosses.
    Because obviously government policy doesn't affect mere wage-earners, so why should they get a say?

This means that elections are being decided by people who don't even have a high school diploma rather then people with over eight years of college education. (Yes I realize that people back in early America didn't have an education either, but they still had a much higher work ethic than dude working the counter at Walmart)
    Obviously we should solve this problem immediately. I propose literacy tests of classic works and poll taxes posthaste.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    Yeah, the good old days were awesome. You know who had a real good work ethic during those days? Slaves. But they couldn't vote. You know who else? Women. But they couldn't vote either.
    We live in a great time where Congress will now yell our "liar" while our leader is addressing the nation. We live in a wonderful time when certain leaders waste time and energy claiming the President is out to get us, is gasp a muslim!, and hell he isn't even American. Get me his birth certificate!

I love how the people on the right are always talking about how they are losing their country, but don't seem to realise their role in it.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Lets face it...

The GOP was crucified tonight because there is more to this country than Christian white males.

The bigotry, sexism, homophobia, moral posturing, and ignorance just sunk their ship.

Week after week we read offensive comment after offensive comment regarding folks out of work, folks who didn't pay income taxes, folks who were going to college, unionized folks, educated folks, science folks, teacher folks, Muslim folks, retired folks, black folks, brown folks, folks who came here illegally (but have otherwise lived productive lifestyles), folks who believe they should be married, etc.

While I'm not sure many are crazy about Obama... The fact is, they couldn't identify themselves with the GOP. That umbrella which the Democrats hold, though it might have holes and smells like Big Al, is still an umbrella. While the GOP? Is refusing to share that umbrella to anyone who doesn't fit their very small (white Christian male) mold.

if the GOP hopes to win another Presidential election then they must tap into that minorities resource. They need to gain more votes from women, Hispanics/African Americans, and homosexuals.
    Outstanding post Thriller. This is why this election was so important. The right was picking off their moderates, and on a witch hunt against the evil communist! If you aren't Republican you are Godless, welfare collecting, lazy, and demonic(thank you Ann Coulter). It was beautiful to fight back this wave of negativity with a commanding rejection of their best efforts.

The trational Republican values have merit, but not in this current form. Hopefully they will get out of the God business, stay out of people's lives,
    and move this country back to the middle where it belongs.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Outstanding post Thriller. This is why this election was so important. The right was picking off their moderates, and on a witch hunt against the evil communist! If you aren't Republican you are Godless, welfare collecting, lazy, and demonic(thank you Ann Coulter). It was beautiful to fight back this wave of negativity with a commanding rejection of their best efforts.

The trational Republican values have merit, but not in this current form. Hopefully they will get out of the God business, stay out of people's lives,
    and move this country back to the middle where it belongs.
    Wow...if you start agreeing with Thrillers trolling than you are going down the wrong road Revo.

The right narrowly lost the presidential election (OH, FL, CO and VA) were all very close. They even increased their majority in the house.

Clearly the GOP has problems they need to fix and some of the "leaders" they have are idiotic at best (Santorum, Palin, Bachman...) but lets not go over board on what happened last night.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Resorting to the "Oh yeah? Well there used to be slaves!" argument is lazy and dishonest debate. It's the new Godwin's Law.
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't disagree with some of these posts regarding the GOP. I find it equally disturbing to see the democrats here acting as if their party is following a path to enlightenment. The republicans in this forum (sans PW) have been far more moderate than the dems. Not that that matters, of course, but I hope neither believes their parties aren't in need of major overhaul. So, Obama won, election is over .. let's all just be Americans and hope we see a better country in the next few years.

I am not pleased with the outcome of the election, but I'm not a sore loser and will do my tiny little part, the best I can, to move things forward.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One thing I find interesting is that the GOP strengthened their grip on the south and the Dems increased their grip on New England in the house.

Is the political divide starting to take a geographical divide? New England, Rust Belt and West Coast against Mountain West, Mid West and South?
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Wow...if you start agreeing with Thrillers trolling than you are going down the wrong road Revo.

The right narrowly lost the presidential election (OH, FL, CO and VA) were all very close. They even increased their majority in the house.

Clearly the GOP has problems they need to fix and some of the "leaders" they have are idiotic at best (Santorum, Palin, Bachman...) but lets not go over board on what happened last night.
    The job that probably affects every American more than any other job, state governor, was mostly filled by GOP candidates last night.