Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 368
  1. #241
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,669
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Don't you think Obama's "evolving position" (conveniently reached in an election year) played a factor in that as well?
    His gay marriage stance and actions on immigration were clearly political moves. They were the right moves but he did them at a time that it would be most beneficial to him. Smart.

    I'll take it though.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

  2. #242
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,669
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    Haha you really need a link that gas prices and healthcare costs have gone up? Do you live under a rock?
    No but you have no real concern that what you said is true. For you having something to attack Obama with is good enough.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

  3. #243
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,469
    Total Rep Points
    16437
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    Haha you really need a link that gas prices and healthcare costs have gone up? Do you live under a rock?
    You're asserting that they will at the same or greater rate ad infinitum because they have been over the short term. And also not addressing something like alternative energy, for instance. That's what's being disagreed with, and why you're roundly laughed at.

    Anyway, you have any pointers on living under a rock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

  4.  

     

  5. #244
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,469
    Total Rep Points
    16437
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    His gay marriage stance and actions on immigration were clearly political moves. They were the right moves but he did them at a time that it would be most beneficial to him. Smart.

    I'll take it though.
    On gay marriage, I think he was put into a corner by Biden but that is what he's believed the whole time. It is an unfortunate reality in politics that sometimes you have to find a middle-ground on positions to be electable, and it was only two presidential elections ago that Americans opposed legally recognized same sex unions by about 65/35 (which I think saying is "overwhelmingly against" is pretty accurate). We've come an astonishingly far way in a short time on the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

  6. #245
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,669
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    On gay marriage, I think he was put into a corner by Biden but that is what he's believed the whole time. It is an unfortunate reality in politics that sometimes you have to find a middle-ground on positions to be electable, and it was only two presidential elections ago that Americans opposed legally recognized same sex unions by about 65/35 (which I think saying is "overwhelmingly against" is pretty accurate). We've come an astonishingly far way in a short time on the issue.
    I'd buy that.

    Gay marriage and pot both approved in 2 states by voters. We have come far indeed but have miles and miles to go.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

  7. #246
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,469
    Total Rep Points
    16437
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I'd buy that.

    Gay marriage and pot both approved in 2 states by voters. We have come far indeed but have miles and miles to go.
    No doubt. And the greatest progress we can make at this point is not on matters of freedoms, but getting government to function and getting the electorate to be able to have a real conversation. I hope enough people out there have the same mentality but I have my doubts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

  8. #247
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    6,944
    Total Rep Points
    6196
    Rep Adjustment Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    You're asserting that they will at the same or greater rate ad infinitum because they have been over the short term. And also not addressing something like alternative energy, for instance. That's what's being disagreed with, and why you're roundly laughed at.

    Anyway, you have any pointers on living under a rock?
    I said if Obama repeats his four years thats what will happen.

    Why should I believe that Obama will do a complete 180 in the next four years?
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

  9. #248
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,469
    Total Rep Points
    16437
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Yes...

    Yes you did.

    I give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

  10. #249
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,160
    Total Rep Points
    12357
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I don't disagree with some of these posts regarding the GOP. I find it equally disturbing to see the democrats here acting as if their party is following a path to enlightenment. The republicans in this forum (sans PW) have been far more moderate than the dems. Not that that matters, of course, but I hope neither believes their parties aren't in need of major overhaul. So, Obama won, election is over .. let's all just be Americans and hope we see a better country in the next few years.

    I am not pleased with the outcome of the election, but I'm not a sore loser and will do my tiny little part, the best I can, to move things forward.
    Liberalism is a path to enlightenment not being a democrat. Geez, get it right PKM.

    Some good thoughts shared though. We do need to move forward as Americans. Let's see who is willing, both in government and as citizens.

    Group hug
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  11. #250
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,669
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Liberalism is a path to enlightenment not being a democrat. Geez, get it right PKM.

    Some good thoughts shared though. We do need to move forward as Americans. Let's see who is willing, both in government and as citizens.

    Group hug
    Any movement forward will be by the people in spite of the government.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

  12. #251
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,241
    Total Rep Points
    9543
    Rep Adjustment Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    I said if Obama repeats his four years thats what will happen.
    So you agree that four years from now, our economy will be adding 1,150,000 jobs every month, and you oppose this? Why do you hate America?
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  13. #252
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,469
    Total Rep Points
    16437
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Any movement forward will be by the people in spite of the government.
    Maybe. Probably. Whatever it takes. And elected officials sometimes need a cue from their constituents on their path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

  14. #253
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    8,160
    Total Rep Points
    12357
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Any movement forward will be by the people in spite of the government.
    and corporations...
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

  15. #254
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,469
    Total Rep Points
    16437
    Rep Adjustment Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    and corporations...
    "Corporations are people, my friend."
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

  16. #255
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,669
    Total Rep Points
    27791
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    and corporations...

    True.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

    I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •