Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    You do realize that a "corporation" is simply a business that has been legally incorporated. There are many "corporations" in the U.S. that consist of president, VP and secretary that are husband, wife, and a child. Sounds pretty damn evil to me...
    This strikes me as rather naive. But oh well. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i26P...feature=relmfu

Romney is a good man. A very good man. If he had spoken like this and carried himself with this amount of statesmanship before the election, he might have just won.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i26P...feature=relmfu

Romney is a good man. A very good man. If he had spoken like this and carried himself with this amount of statesmanship before the election, he might have just won.

He did. President Obama just spent hundreds of millions demonizing him. I'm not blaming just the President. That's politics.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    He did. President Obama just spent hundreds of millions demonizing him. I'm not blaming just the President. That's politics.
    No, he said stuff like 47% of Americans are lazy bums on welfare.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    How so?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Oh just stop Scat.
    Stop what? Pointing out that the word corporation does not automatically equate to some giant conglomerate that wants to destroy the world? I was simply expanding your world a little bit by giving you an example of a corporation that resides outside your limited definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamon
    This strikes me as rather uninformed.

I never said that my scenario represents all corporations but was simply pointing out that a corporation is not inherently evil. It is simply a way of setting up a business.

When I was 20 I started a business with my friend. We incorporated. We were the only two employees. I was pres, he was VP and his wife was the third officer strictly for legal reasons. Guess what? This is not at all unusual. I've worked for family businesses that were set up as in my first example.

To vilify a corporation for no other reason than it's a corporation is just silly.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Stop what? Pointing out that the word corporation does not automatically equate to some giant conglomerate that wants to destroy the world? I was simply expanding your world a little bit by giving you an example of a corporation that resides outside your limited definition.

This strikes me as rather uninformed.

I never said that my scenario represents all corporations but was simply pointing out that a corporation is not inherently evil. It is simply a way of setting up a business.

When I was 20 I started a business with my friend. We incorporated. We were the only two employees. I was pres, he was VP and his wife was the third officer strictly for legal reasons. Guess what? This is not at all unusual. I've worked for family businesses that were set up as in my first example.

To vilify a corporation for no other reason than it's a corporation is just silly.

Of course I agree with this, but your post did not make this point initially IIRC. To me, you were making it seem as if that corporations are never evil; rather, they are just a formalism. And to that, i disagree with you and PKM. But hey, not a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenchicken View Post
    The sad thing is: the Jazz are playing guys who might not make the team, and certainly won't make the rotation, and they're killing real Lakers players. This is a disaster for LA.

I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I thought Dal was black for a long time. He was one of the people I was referencing when I told colleagues I have several black friends.

I still like him irredgardless.
    *confirmed*

this post is brought to you by Dairy Queen-- home of the Dilly Bar

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Time for repubs to take a page out of their OWN book and stop making pansie ass excuses for their loss and take ACCOUNTABILITY.

No no no no no.

It wasn't the negative campaigning, it wasn't the moderators, it wasn't Obama's race, it wasn't the tooth fairy, and it wasn't the money involved in the campaign (Obama raised 934 million and Romney raised nearly 882. Come now. That's not the difference maker in this election).

The problem rests with YOU.

#1 Your candidate was untrustworthy. He had a long history of flip flopping and continued to be an untrustworthy flip flopper through the primaries and then into the fall. He came across as saying anything and everything in order to win the vote.
    #2 For years really, your party has really turned off women. From Rush's incredibly offensive comments to Murdock's latest gaffe about becoming pregnant out of rape is, "God's will." Sorry, but women just don't identify with your party.
    #3 Minorities don't identify with you folks. They feel unwelcome and threatened by you. Your comments are often derogatory and offensive. Mitt's 47 % statement probably didn't sink his ship but I don't think even the reddest of you folks would disagree that it didn't help.
    #4 Hispanic vote. You guys utterly have failed at this. Probably the #1 reason why you lost. Sorry, but moderate bills like the Dream Act are PAT's in this political football game. Yet... Somehow... Some way.... You folks managed to botch it.
    #5 Homosexuals. I know they're not a powerful political voice (yet) but I don't know of any homosexual that would vote GOP.
    #6 Young people. Your attacks on education and science haven't helped. Trying to stuff creationism down our throats while wanting to trash subsidized loans and pell grants doesn't help.

If you folks want to win the next election then you must get to work RIGHT NOW.

Ease up your stance on abortion. Stop talking about rape being God's will. Birth control is good. Embrace it.
    Stop defining marriage. If you don't want a gay marriage then don't have one.
    Stop bashing immigrants. The sooner you folks come to grips with immigration in this country, the sooner you'll win another election.
    Embrace science and ditch the wacky ass religious stuff. Being an active church goer I don't mean for you to junk religion. Believe in religion. Live it. But stop trying to tie so much politics and message bills with religion. Tone it down! You can learn about Evolution and still be a believer in religion. You can only win votes among young people if you do this.

Ultimately, you need to stop being hateful, intolerant, and so wacky. MODERATION is good.

Stop looking for tea party nutcakes like Paul Ryan or Palin as your candidates. Get away from the slick politicians like Newt and Romney. Shun the hate of Hannity, Beck, and Limbaugh. Look for moderate candidates who appeal to minorities, women, young people, and Latinos.

Rubio and Hunstman are just a few suggestions.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Time for repubs to take a page out of their OWN book and stop making pansie ass excuses for their loss and take ACCOUNTABILITY.

No no no no no.

It wasn't the negative campaigning, it wasn't the moderators, it wasn't Obama's race, it wasn't the tooth fairy, and it wasn't the money involved in the campaign (Obama raised 934 million and Romney raised nearly 882. Come now. That's not the difference maker in this election).

The problem rests with YOU.

#1 Your candidate was untrustworthy. He had a long history of flip flopping and continued to be an untrustworthy flip flopper through the primaries and then into the fall. He came across as saying anything and everything in order to win the vote.
    #2 For years really, your party has really turned off women. From Rush's incredibly offensive comments to Murdock's latest gaffe about becoming pregnant out of rape is, "God's will." Sorry, but women just don't identify with your party.
    #3 Minorities don't identify with you folks. They feel unwelcome and threatened by you. Your comments are often derogatory and offensive. Mitt's 47 % statement probably didn't sink his ship but I don't think even the reddest of you folks would disagree that it didn't help.
    #4 Hispanic vote. You guys utterly have failed at this. Probably the #1 reason why you lost. Sorry, but moderate bills like the Dream Act are PAT's in this political football game. Yet... Somehow... Some way.... You folks managed to botch it.
    #5 Homosexuals. I know they're not a powerful political voice (yet) but I don't know of any homosexual that would vote GOP.
    #6 Young people. Your attacks on education and science haven't helped. Trying to stuff creationism down our throats while wanting to trash subsidized loans and pell grants doesn't help.

If you folks want to win the next election then you must get to work RIGHT NOW.

Ease up your stance on abortion. Stop talking about rape being God's will. Birth control is good. Embrace it.
    Stop defining marriage. If you don't want a gay marriage then don't have one.
    Stop bashing immigrants. The sooner you folks come to grips with immigration in this country, the sooner you'll win another election.
    Embrace science and ditch the wacky ass religious stuff. Being an active church goer I don't mean for you to junk religion. Believe in religion. Live it. But stop trying to tie so much politics and message bills with religion. Tone it down! You can learn about Evolution and still be a believer in religion. You can only win votes among young people if you do this.

Ultimately, you need to stop being hateful, intolerant, and so wacky. MODERATION is good.

Stop looking for tea party nutcakes like Paul Ryan or Palin as your candidates. Get away from the slick politicians like Newt and Romney. Shun the hate of Hannity, Beck, and Limbaugh. Look for moderate candidates who appeal to minorities, women, young people, and Latinos.

Rubio and Hunstman are just a few suggestions.
    Thriller wins this thread, and it's not even close. Repp'd.

Lose with some grace, learn from your loss. Did Obama spend too much money demonizing Romney? Probably. But only about as much as Romney spent demonizing Obama, so we can call that a wash.

But now look at computerized phone calling over, and over again. I feel this to be dishonest and classless. I received calls not only on my cell phone, which has never before received these calls(and I've had the number more than 8 years), but on my work phone, which I found disgusting. But they bring it to a whole new level; in the swing states(Ohio, etc), we have reports of robo calls that directed people who have always voted blue to the wrong locations. They funded roadsigns that discouraged poor people and minorities(in poor areas, no less) from going in to vote.

It's not just the calls that are annoying. I throw up over the fact that employers were encouraging employees which way to vote. In my opinion, this too is very upsetting. Voting is a sacred right, and any citizen should feel completely free to express their opinions in voting for leadership. Since religion's kind of a big deal this go around, lets go over Sacred. I grew up in an LDS household. Every time there was an election, you were encouraged by leadership(Bishopric, etc) to vote one way or the other. That one way just happened to be red. Imagine that. To me, that constitutes an abuse of power.. might just be the seeds of why I don't go to church anymore.

Stop; don't look at what the democrats are doing, look at what you're doing. Is it really that difficult to understand how an honest, educated, "look before you leap" young voter trying to decide to lean left or right would feel... for lack of better terms lets say "slimy" if they voted for the GOP? Before this young person even gets a chance to look at your plans and ideas, your track record, leadership history.. any substance at all, they already think you're slime by what YOU have done. Your campaigning choices.

You set yourself up to fail in this election. Not the Blue. Not the Poor. Not the immigrants. You.

The sad part is, you could have won this election.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRoach0 View Post
    Thriller wins this thread, and it's not even close. Repp'd.

Lose with some grace, learn from your loss. Did Obama spend too much money demonizing Romney? Probably. But only about as much as Romney spent demonizing Obama, so we can call that a wash.

But now look at computerized phone calling over, and over again. I feel this to be dishonest and classless. I received calls not only on my cell phone, which has never before received these calls(and I've had the number more than 8 years), but on my work phone, which I found disgusting. But they bring it to a whole new level; in the swing states(Ohio, etc), we have reports of robo calls that directed people who have always voted blue to the wrong locations. They funded roadsigns that discouraged poor people and minorities(in poor areas, no less) from going in to vote.

It's not just the calls that are annoying. I throw up over the fact that employers were encouraging employees which way to vote. In my opinion, this too is very upsetting. Voting is a sacred right, and any citizen should feel completely free to express their opinions in voting for leadership. Since religion's kind of a big deal this go around, lets go over Sacred. I grew up in an LDS household. Every time there was an election, you were encouraged by leadership(Bishopric, etc) to vote one way or the other. That one way just happened to be red. Imagine that. To me, that constitutes an abuse of power.. might just be the seeds of why I don't go to church anymore.

Stop; don't look at what the democrats are doing, look at what you're doing. Is it really that difficult to understand how an honest, educated, "look before you leap" young voter trying to decide to lean left or right would feel... for lack of better terms lets say "slimy" if they voted for the GOP? Before this young person even gets a chance to look at your plans and ideas, your track record, leadership history.. any substance at all, they already think you're slime by what YOU have done. Your campaigning choices.

You set yourself up to fail in this election. Not the Blue. Not the Poor. Not the immigrants. You.

The sad part is, you could have won this election.
    It is a wash. I personally said I was not singling out or blaming Obama. That's politics.

I think Romney and Obama are personally nice men and speak as such. The nature of politics is all about demonizing your oponent regardless of how good or bad that person might be.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah, lose with some grace you ass****.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I thought he did.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I thought he did.
    Romney did, to his eternal credit. The problem is that Romney's not the whole party, and he's certainly not going to be that prominent of a part of the party going forward.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    T Minus 129 Days until Ted Nugent's Death

On April 17th 2012 Ted Nuget warned us pleebs that If Obama got reelected he would be dead within a year. Well idiots (myself included), you didn't listen to the Nuge and now the man behind Cat Scratch Fever, Damn Yankees, and Wang Dang Sweet (Something that's hilarious but I probably can't post here) will be dead in less than 130 days, since Obama is going to want to kill him for some reason. Be ashamed America, very ashamed.