Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    They won't even let cancer patients smoke weed because of some dumbass moral reasoning. They have dry counties. They won't let gays get married. They are the absolute worst when it comes to letting people do what they want. Unless it involves guns, then hey, open season.
    I'm sorry, can you go back and find where I said they didn't want any of the above?

No worries, I'll wait.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I'm sorry, can you go back and find where I said they didn't want any of the above?

No worries, I'll wait.
    No, you said "Not really. I'd say they are about the same. "

I did have to infer who the "they" were, so the inference is that it was people not from the bible belt. Using the inference I just laid my case out why I disagree with it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No, you said "Not really. I'd say they are about the same. "

I did have to infer who the "they" were, so the inference is that it was people not from the bible belt. Using the inference I just laid my case out why I disagree with it.
    "They" is the right and left. They both want to control you in different ways.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Fair enough. I would argue that when it comes to the right, at least the social conservatives, they want to control you by using prison as a device more than the left does, but I guess at that point the argument is just about degrees.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Fair enough. I would argue that when it comes to the right, at least the social conservatives, they want to control you by using prison as a device more than the left does, but I guess at that point the argument is just about degrees.
    The right wants to out law more things and say what you can and cannot do and the left wants you to be dependent on them thru "social programs". Both are very much froms of control.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The right wants to out law more things and say what you can and cannot do and the left wants you to be dependent on them thru "social programs". Both are very much froms of control.
    The left does not want you to be dependent on them, lol. Let me guess, your source on that is the same source that told you all the polls were wrong abs Romney was going to win.

The left wants programs available to help the people who need help. That does not mean they want people dependent on them.

The right has been attacking labor unions because they support the left. Labor unions are all people who work for a living.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    The left does not want you to be dependent on them, lol. Let me guess, your source on that is the same source that told you all the polls were wrong abs Romney was going to win.

The left wants programs available to help the people who need help. That does not mean they want people dependent on them.

The right has been attacking labor unions because they support the left. Labor unions are all people who work for a living.
    Keep putting your head in the sand salty. It's cute.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Source? How about looking at their policies?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Why does he need to do that? The right is Satan and the Left are the Angels from Heaven. If their was a Heaven.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Labor unions are all people who work for a living...
    ... at an exaggerated pay rate, are immune to being fired and blackmail employers.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Link?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2088176.html

A mild one, to be sure.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ... and the left wants you to be dependent on them thru "social programs". Both are very much froms of control.
    There have been badly formed social prograqms, certainly, which did act to increase dependence. Which of those programs would you say is active today? What current programs act to increase dependency, and how would you change them to remove that component?
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Keep putting your head in the sand salty. It's cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Way to completely dodge the point.

So, are you guys saying the right is incorrect, and labor unions don't tend to support the left?

Or are you saying labor unions aren't made up of people who work for a living?

You can't have it both ways. You can't say the left is a bunch of people who refuse to work and just want free stuff, and at the same time say labor unions are spending money to support democratic candidates.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    ... at an exaggerated pay rate, are immune to being fired and blackmail employers.
    Complete BS. But even if it was 100% accurate, they still work for a living.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Complete BS. But even if it was 100% accurate, they still work for a living.
    No one said they didn't work. However try to fire a bad teacher in California. Also SEIU will tell you straight up on their own website that they make more then their non union counterparts. I am not against them making a better wage within reason but then they don't stay within reason. Just ask Ford and GMC.

So yes it is accurate. Even if they are working that was never his point now was it?