Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I've just had a stroke of genius, folks. Legally sold pot should be doped (no pun intended, for real this time, though) with a volatile marker that deteriorates in a predictable manner and is undetectable within a day.
    This is a game-changer, guys.

What I'm saying is that during the growing a chemical should be added to the soil that can be detected in a person who smokes the pot that is produced. However, that chemical should also be metabolized by the users body at a reasonably predictable rate, like alcohol is. Ideally it would be something we could put on a scale and say a 10 means pot was consumed within the hour, a 9 means it's been 2-3 hours, an 8 equals 4-6 hours and so on. That way if you get pulled over for suspected driving under the influence of THC a test could be administered and if you were an 8 or higher you get charged with DUI.

The natural gas that is pumped into your house smells like rotten eggs. Natural gas doesn't naturally smell that way, it's actually odorless. A chemical dopant (sulfur) is added by the gas company so that if there is a gas leak you'll know it and get out of your house. Similar principle.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

What I'm saying is that during the growing a chemical should be added to the soil that can be detected in a person who smokes the pot that is produced. However, that chemical should also be metabolized by the users body at a reasonably predictable rate, like alcohol is. Ideally it would be something we could put on a scale and say a 10 means pot was consumed within the hour, a 9 means it's been 2-3 hours, an 8 equals 4-6 hours and so on. That way if you get pulled over for suspected driving under the influence of THC a test could be administered and if you were an 8 or higher you get charged with DUI.

The natural gas that is pumped into your house smells like rotten eggs. Natural gas doesn't naturally smell that way, it's actually odorless. A chemical dopant (sulfur) is added by the gas company so that if there is a gas leak you'll know it and get out of your house. Similar principle.
    So you want to make people that smoke pot smell like a rotten fart for 24 hours? I like it!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    It saddens me the youth of today doesn't know who Peter Tosh is.
    Not surprising as he never had a reality show on TV...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What about the rest of us that want our weed strictly organic.... huh Gameface? :-)
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    What about the rest of us that want our weed strictly organic.... huh Gameface? :-)
    It is all a conspiracy. The whole time society and the government have been for weed just not organic weed. They figured by outlawing it for 50 years then legalyzing it would kill any organic arguement.

Good thing you are on to them.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You don't think nutrients are used when people grow marijuana?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    It is all a conspiracy. The whole time society and the government have been for weed just not organic weed. They figured by outlawing it for 50 years then legalyzing it would kill any organic arguement.

Good thing you are on to them.
    I never thought I'd call you a dork Stoked.... but.... dork.
    Organic means it's grown without pesticides and chemicals, like everything used to be grown before the advent of pesticides and chemicals.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You don't think nutrients are used when people grow marijuana?
    Whoever said nutrients were not used in the growth of any plant?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I never thought I'd call you a dork Stoked.... but.... dork.
    Organic means it's grown without pesticides and chemicals, like everything used to be grown before the advent of pesticides and chemicals.
    You do realize that chemicals are in everything, right? Water itself is a chemical. Chlorophyll is a chemical. Nitrates are a chemical.

The label "organic" is meaningless in my opinion.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You do realize that chemicals are in everything, right? Water itself is a chemical. Chlorophyll is a chemical. Nitrates are a chemical.

The label "organic" is meaningless in my opinion.
    Oh ok, my bad......

Yes, we are aware that nature creates substances that humans dub chemicals.
    The "organic" label certifies that the plant was grown without "man-made" substances sprayed on them, that kill other living things.
    This is why people eat organic in the first place, because they prefer to reduce the amount of man-made toxicity in their bodies.
    At the same time, the organic label is regulated by the government and is subjective to a point.
    Not to mention any kind of organic produce tastes a thousand times better than any conventionally grown store bought produce.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh ok, my bad......

Yes, we are aware that nature creates substances that humans dub chemicals.
    The "organic" label certifies that the plant was grown without "man-made" substances sprayed on them, that kill other living things.
    This is why people eat organic in the first place, because they prefer to reduce the amount of man-made toxicity in their bodies.
    At the same time, the organic label is regulated by the government and is subjective to a point.
    Not to mention the non-labeling of GMO's.
    The chemical dopant would be inert.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Denver Nuggets. First they got Iguodala and now they can smoke pot?

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The chemical dopant would be inert.
    Ok.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

I wonder though, would that create a new black market for "clean" weed? I like your idea, but you would need to be able to guarantee that marijuana was marked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    I wonder though, would that create a new black market for "clean" weed? I like your idea, but you would need to be able to guarantee that marijuana was marked.
    I was thinking about that. It's a problem and rellay complicates things. The solution I came up with is that there would have to be two markers, one that goes away quickly and one that is persistent. So if you test positive for weed, are suspected of a DUI but got a zero based on the marker you would need to have the secondary marker showing that you consumed legit weed. It get's a little cumbersome.