Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Obama wins.....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    So after we say no are you going to jump on us and ask how we could support Obama as President?
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    the way you ask/contextualize a question is important. Go back and look at your own words.

Do I think Americans should pay more health care costs? **** no.

I will not try and jump on you. But how am I suppose to support a President that created the "Affordable Healthcare Act"(WORST NAME EVER!) that has increased healthcare costs in a record amount? We are now basically talking about a family of 4 where their healthcare costs are equal or exceding the cost of housing for that same family.

When you combine the heathcare costs, costs of gasoline, mixed with unemployment and the economy its made it so much harder for a family to get by month to month. How can you support a President that in the last four years has made it harder for families to pay there bills every month? Seriously take politics away for a split second and help me understand.

The sad part is Obama created an America where providing for your family has become harder while at the same time adding record amounts of debt to the defecit.

I'm not saying anything that isn't untrue, but please help convince me to be optimisitic. Show me the hope that you see for the next four years.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    Its not doom and gloom.
    Stopped reading there.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    You can't possibly mean what you just said. Did you phrase it badly, or do you really think that oil replenishes itself in the ground?
    Oh boy, get ready to go down a particularly weird rabbit hole.

I suspect he's talking about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenic_petroleum_origin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    well then lets frack the **** out of southern Utah, eh? Most energy sources on American soil require much more capital investment for much less yield.

It's a simple fact: we need to get off oil. Put a $1 per gallon tax on it, and throw that all into alternative energy. Then thank me later.
    Lol, you do realise who you are talking to right? I have repeatedly said we need ot be off oil and have offered several ideas to get the ball rolling. Geothermal, nuclear, CNG, solar wind, hydrogen fuel cells...and how to help fund and further those forms of energy.

So you might be better off directing you arguement at those it applies to.

Having said all that I'd prefer US oil to foreign oil.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Lol, you do realise who you are talking to right? I have repeatedly said we need ot be off oil and have offered several ideas to get the ball rolling. Geothermal, nuclear, CNG, solar wind, hydrogen fuel cells...and how to help fund and further those forms of energy.

So you might be better off directing you arguement at those it applies to.

Having said all that I'd prefer US oil to foreign oil.
    In a perfect world or vacuum, sure. I think the debate for the common man here is what the environmental (essentially) cost is. Some care, some don't. I do, FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    In a perfect world or vacuum, sure. I think the debate for the common man here is what the environmental (essentially) cost is. Some care, some don't. I do, FWIW.
    Increasing US drilling will not destroy the world. It really won't. Having said that I agree that it needs to be done in the cleanest way economically and technically feasible.

What do you think of the idea of taking a percent of all oil and coal profits in the US (say 2.5% or 5%) and applying them directly to research and development of other forms of energy such as hydrogen fuel cells and converting the trucking fleet to CNG?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I will not try and jump on you. But how am I suppose to support a President that created the "Affordable Healthcare Act"(WORST NAME EVER!) that has increased healthcare costs in a record amount? We are now basically talking about a family of 4 where their healthcare costs are equal or exceding the cost of housing for that same family.

When you combine the heathcare costs, costs of gasoline, mixed with unemployment and the economy its made it so much harder for a family to get by month to month. How can you support a President that in the last four years has made it harder for families to pay there bills every month? Seriously take politics away for a split second and help me understand.

The sad part is Obama created an America where providing for your family has become harder while at the same time adding record amounts of debt to the defecit.

I'm not saying anything that isn't untrue, but please help convince me to be optimisitic. Show me the hope that you see for the next four years.

Obama didn't create the America of the last four years. You're giving him way too much credit. The America of the last four years was created by the America of the previous two-hundred some odd years.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Obama didn't create the America of the last four years. You're giving him way too much credit. The America of the last four years was created by the America of the previous two-hundred some odd years.

Ok........

So I should blame Abraham Lincoln for Obamacare raising my healthcare costs?

Brilliant!

Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ok........

So I should blame Abraham Lincoln for Obamacare raising my healthcare costs?

Got it.
    Okay, go ahead and blame the world's ills on the President of the United States. But the fact remains, he's not emperor of America and he has to go through the legislative branch to get anything done. His power is great in some respects but extremely limited in many more respects. He is a figure head, though, so beat him up over your frustrations. In a way that's what he's there for.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Okay, go ahead and blame the world's ills on the President of the United States. But the fact remains, he's not emperor of America and he has to go through the legislative branch to get anything done. His power is great in some respects but extremely limited in many more respects. He is a figure head, though, so beat him up over your frustrations. In a way that's what he's there for.

He did get something done. He created Obamacare and made a family's insurance as expensive as a home mortgage.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The treasury market is the one to keep an eye on over the next 4. Central bank buying has turned it into a complete bubble/fraud and like all bubbles it will burst.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He did get something done. He created Obamacare and made a family's insurance as expensive as a home mortgage.
    You are aware that health care costs were rising even more before Obama, right? The rise we have seen the past few years is nothing compared to the several years prior.

Obama hasn't lowered health care cysts, but he has slowed the rate of increase.

Okay, fess up, who's alt is this Beantown account? This is too far over the top to be serious.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not who I voted for but oh well. Let's go, Obama!
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    Not who I voted for but oh well. Let's go, Obama!
    That's the spirit. I wonder how long before I hear someone tell me President Obama isn't their president.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    That's the spirit. I wonder how long before I hear someone tell me President Obama isn't their president.
    Oh I'll just insinuate that right now then.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson