Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    He was by far the most open minded repub candidate. Not even close
    I think you'd like him

I just remember hearing he was moderate, and in the interview I saw he said some nice things about Obama.

Seems like we can add him to the list. These are the type of people I want on the Republican ticket next time.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Obama will not eb a moderate republican. He does not have to worry about reelectiona dn I think he will really start pushing what he wants. He has no reason to moderate himself.

Take his comments to Russia about having more flexibility after the election. I appreciate the back handed compliments from Slate that are masked as reconcilliation but I'm not buying it.

Obama, Reid and Pelosi are not a moderate bunch. neither are the House repubs but don't try to convince me this administration is either.
    A few questions...

#1 Aside from raising taxes on the rich, what "BIG" moves is Obama going to bust out? He campaigned on ending the wars, health care reform, and raising taxes. He accomplished 2/3 in his first term. Aside from repairing the economy and starting to pay down the debt, what big promises does Obama have left to fulfill?

#2 Oh come on. Obama isn't going to go from moderate to Communist in just a matter of months just because he doesn't have to worry about being reelected. Name (any) President in our history who was one way in one term and then pulled a 180 in the next because the worry of being reelected was relieved?

#3 Still talkin about Pelosi huh? What is the right's obsession with Pelosi? She's gonna lose her position now that repubs have won the House. Seriously folks, what is your hangup with her? It's like the right is amazed that a woman could rise in politics or something. Perhaps they should get over the idea that women should only be used for the kitchen and as baby makers and wake up and smell the coffee to the modern world.

it's so odd how repubs seem focused on a few people/topics while ignoring the big picture. Pelosi, Obama's birth certificate, and the Black Panther dude get farrrrr more attention from the right then I would have ever imagined.
    Corbin sucks.

Rep Level
    One of the most read GOP pudits agrees with me...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ic-voters.html

Perhaps Mitt Romney lost the 2012 election on Sept. 22, 2011, when, alarmed by Texas Gov. Rick Perry's entry into the Republican nomination race, he rushed to Perry's right regarding immigration, attacking the DREAM Act. He would go on to talk about forcing illegal immigrants into "self-deportation." It is surprising that only about 70 percent of Hispanics opposed Romney.

As it has every four years since 1992, the white portion of the turnout declined in 2012. In 2008, Barack Obama became the first person elected president while losing the white vote by double digits. In 2012 — the year after the first year in which a majority of babies born in America were minorities — Hispanics were for the first time a double-digit (10 percent) portion of the turnout. Republicans have four years to figure out how to leaven their contracting base with millions more members of America's largest and fastest-growing minority.
    GOP needs to open that umbrella out to more than white Christian heterosexual males.

They can start with SENSIBLE immigration reform. Stop acting like you're going to deport all who have immigrated here illegally.
    Corbin sucks.

Rep Level
    Hooray the Delusional Liberal Cockus meeting is now in session.
    Democrat motto:
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Why should we work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    Pearl is right

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlWatson View Post
    Hooray the Delusional Liberal Cockus meeting is now in session.

Rep Level
    It would have been better with Rove on the split screen.
    Democrat motto:
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Why should we work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirkickyass View Post
    Pearl is right