Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    211
    Total Rep Points
    374
    Rep Adjustment Power
    14

    So, what's your Jazz superstition?

    I know I am not the only one who has them... you know, the things you simply MUST do while watching a Jazz game otherwise there is no way the Jazz will win? For me I have to sit on the right side of the couch. If I am watching via computer I have to have the mouse arrow on the right side of the screen. And, new this year, I have to have M&M's around (a nod to Mo and Marv).

    After reading this forum over the years I know I am not the only dork here. I also know there is no way that I am the only idiot with mild obsessive compulsive behavior that, while being completely irrational, is vital to the success of the Jazz.

    PS - not sure if this is a superstition or curse, but I have never seen the Jazz win a game in person. Not with Stock and Malone, Deron and Boozer, and apparently it won't happen with this group either (lost last week in San Antonio when I was there). I was thinking of going to the Boston game since I'll be in town then, but I would really like the jazz to win....

  2. #2
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Posts
    10,967
    Total Rep Points
    9515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by phippsj View Post
    I know I am not the only one who has them... you know, the things you simply MUST do while watching a Jazz game otherwise there is no way the Jazz will win? For me I have to sit on the right side of the couch. If I am watching via computer I have to have the mouse arrow on the right side of the screen. And, new this year, I have to have M&M's around (a nod to Mo and Marv).

    After reading this forum over the years I know I am not the only dork here. I also know there is no way that I am the only idiot with mild obsessive compulsive behavior that, while being completely irrational, is vital to the success of the Jazz.

    PS - not sure if this is a superstition or curse, but I have never seen the Jazz win a game in person. Not with Stock and Malone, Deron and Boozer, and apparently it won't happen with this group either (lost last week in San Antonio when I was there). I was thinking of going to the Boston game since I'll be in town then, but I would really like the jazz to win....
    I don't have any superstitions, but I wanted to voice my opinion that not being able to see the Jazz win in person is definitely a curse.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Hekate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,435
    Total Rep Points
    5349
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Drinking beer? Results were pretty random though.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,041
    Total Rep Points
    2147
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    The Jazz lose every time I say "go Jazz" before a game. I didn't believe it at first, but it's true. I'm bad luck.

  5. #5
    Senior Member ClLUTClH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Going H.A.M.
    Posts
    1,092
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    13
    I've never been to a Jazz game resulting in a loss. Well, that might be a lie. Dad tells me he took me to nearly all the home games when I was three years old.

  6. #6
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Posts
    10,967
    Total Rep Points
    9515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz_fanatic View Post
    The Jazz lose every time I say "go Jazz" before a game. I didn't believe it at first, but it's true. I'm bad luck.
    Does that apply to verbally saying it or have you doomed the Jazz to lose tonight by typing it.

  7.  

     

  8. #7
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,317
    Total Rep Points
    4510
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    I had never been to a Jazz game that resulted in a loss until I bought season tickets. That includes the triple overtime classic in '92 against Jordan's Bulls.

    When I was a kid watching with my dad I would cross my eyes when the other team shot free throws. Not all the time, usually just late game or if the score was really close. The idea being to cause the players to lose focus.

  9. #8
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,346
    Total Rep Points
    49646
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    You can hate and I wouldn't blame you, but all my supers are regarding UK games and I have many. I don't have any Jazz supers yet, but sure they will come in time.
    #dumptruckin

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,041
    Total Rep Points
    2147
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    Does that apply to verbally saying it or have you doomed the Jazz to lose tonight by typing it.
    Oops...

    That didn't count!

  11. #10
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    31,453
    Total Rep Points
    44291
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I had never been to a Jazz game that resulted in a loss until I bought season tickets. That includes the triple overtime classic in '92 against Jordan's Bulls.

    When I was a kid watching with my dad I would cross my eyes when the other team shot free throws. Not all the time, usually just late game or if the score was really close. The idea being to cause the players to lose focus.
    Cross eyed thing is awesome.

    I was at the 3OT game too. Brought a sign to the game and it got on SportCenter!
    #lol

  12. #11
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,317
    Total Rep Points
    4510
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Cross eyed thing is awesome.

    I was at the 3OT game too. Brought a sign to the game and it got on SportCenter!
    That was the first game I had ever been to. Needless to say I was hooked.

  13. #12
    Senior Member ElRoach0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,226
    Total Rep Points
    7425
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by phippsj View Post
    I know I am not the only one who has them... you know, the things you simply MUST do while watching a Jazz game otherwise there is no way the Jazz will win? For me I have to sit on the right side of the couch. If I am watching via computer I have to have the mouse arrow on the right side of the screen. And, new this year, I have to have M&M's around (a nod to Mo and Marv).

    After reading this forum over the years I know I am not the only dork here. I also know there is no way that I am the only idiot with mild obsessive compulsive behavior that, while being completely irrational, is vital to the success of the Jazz.

    PS - not sure if this is a superstition or curse, but I have never seen the Jazz win a game in person. Not with Stock and Malone, Deron and Boozer, and apparently it won't happen with this group either (lost last week in San Antonio when I was there). I was thinking of going to the Boston game since I'll be in town then, but I would really like the jazz to win....
    With Roger Braille still on the roster, we will never have a 40 win season.

  14. #13
    Senior Member fgcamel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    1,018
    Total Rep Points
    2748
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    for me it's just watching. i haven't watched the jazz this year where they lost the part i watched. mavs game i watched the whole game. hornets game i watched the first half. missed the whole spurs game. watched the first half of the grizz game.

    so sorry guys. i'm on holiday now so i should be better.

  15. #14
    High Definition Gameface's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,317
    Total Rep Points
    4510
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    I'm on the verge of a new superstition that if I record the game on my DVR and then start watching while the game is going on they lose. So I may have to start watching games and, ugh, sit through commercials.

  16. #15
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,346
    Total Rep Points
    49646
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    I'm on the verge of a new superstition that if I record the game on my DVR and then start watching while the game is going on they lose. So I may have to start watching games and, ugh, sit through commercials.
    haha .. love these.
    #dumptruckin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •