Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    So, if I go to a Catholic hospital, I have to receive substandard care because of their beliefs?
    Yes.
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Are you concerned that your birth control will run out soon?
    the funnyt thing is over here they stopped giving birth control(the pill) few years back.
    because it was either that or increase the money.
    this health insurance sucks
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    the funnyt thing is over here they stopped giving birth control(the pill) few years back.
    because it was either that or increase the money.
    this health insurance sucks
    "the pill" is super cheap. Like cheaper than ibuprofen and several orders of magnitude cheaper than pregnancy and child birth.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    "the pill" is super cheap. Like cheaper than ibuprofen and several orders of magnitude cheaper than pregnancy and child birth.
    $11 a month which begs the question, why did Obama mandate that insurance companies not only cover BC but cover it free of charge.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    $11 a month which begs the question, why did Obama mandate that insurance companies not only cover BC but cover it free of charge.
    So republicans would stop bitching about welfare queens popping out kids that everyone else has to support?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So, if I go to a Catholic hospital, I have to receive substandard care because of their beliefs? If your doctor is a JW, should he be free to refuse to prescribe a blood transfusion for you?
    That is correct, the reason for this is because our nation was founded on the idea that individuals should be granted religious freedom regardless of the religion or beliefs they espouse.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    That is correct, the reason for this is because our nation was founded on the idea that individuals should be granted religious freedom regardless of the religion or beliefs they espouse.
    That is cuckcoo bananas.
    Hate You Can Trust

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are you concerned that your birth control will run out soon?
    Mine is permanent. Care to answer the question I asked, or try to show why the analogy is inapt?
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    To prevent insurance companies from charging for a service that actually saves them money, using the power of the monoploy they have for any given worker.

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So, every time you go to a doctor, you need to quiz the doctor on their religious beliefs and how dedicated they are to those beliefs in order to make sure you get proper care, and that's religious freedom?

How about this for religious freedom: if you can't in good conscience fulfill all the duties of a licensed professional, don't pursue that license?

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So, every time you go to a doctor, you need to quiz the doctor on their religious beliefs and how dedicated they are to those beliefs in order to make sure you get proper care, and that's religious freedom?

How about this for religious freedom: if you can't in good conscience fulfill all the duties of a licensed professional, don't pursue that license?
    I dont know what to tell you. I didnt write the bill of rights, the point is that we live in a country in which you are free to follow any religion. Thats a basic founding principle. To attack the catholic church while they provide healthcare to the disadvantaged is hardly a beneficial plan in my opinion. A waiver would be far more efficient, especially since it would be likely that the catholic church would just shutdown their hospitals if they are forced to perform or aid in birth control or abortions.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

How about this for freedom: as a customer, find a professional who will provide what you desire. "Proper care" is subjective.
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    the catholic church would just shutdown their hospitals if they are forced to perform or aid in birth control or abortions.
    That's what the regulators want. Conformity and "equality" above common sense. Seriously, what's next...banning donations to food shelters in NYC just because the food might not completely conform to a government-determined "balanced diet"?
    ^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bordelais7 View Post
    That's what the regulators want. Conformity and "equality" above common sense. Seriously, what's next...banning donations to food shelters in NYC just because the food might not completely conform to a government-determined "balanced diet"?
    I love this comment. That's exactly how I feel about it, and wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the government stepped into regulating charity.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It was a subtle reference to this article which is being re-hashed all over the internets today (originally from March of this year)

http://now.msn.com/hard-to-swallow-b...eless-shelters
    ^^^this