Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    We needed someone that could actually make a 3 in the game, and he was the only one.

That being said, who was he going to guard, if not Kobe? World Peace, Gasol, or Howard?

The last option is Blake, and having Mo guard Kobe?

The rest of the team was sucking at hitting shots, and went 0 for a million from 3 without him.
    Yes, but he should've put in Marvin when they started to go exclusively to Kobe and that was AFTER Foye hit his threes and we had a big lead.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would much rather see World Peace try to exploit the mismatch than Kobe... 6'6 vs 6'7 and WP was the guy launching airballs and bricks all night. 3-12. Regardless I was glad to see the Jazz get a W.
    Chop it!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont think that it matters who the Jazz had guarding him. Kobe went into me time the last 5 mins of the game. He was going to draw fouls on whoever we put on him. That being said I am overall unhappy with the D from Foye so far, hope he gets that part of his game going.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    Yes, but he should've put in Marvin when they started to go exclusively to Kobe and that was AFTER Foye hit his threes and we had a big lead.
    After Foye hits all those shots, does Corbin know he will not hit any more? The chances of him staying hot and hitting more is greater than someone else heating up. Even with a lead, you still need to score.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    After Foye hits all those shots, does Corbin know he will not hit any more? The chances of him staying hot and hitting more is greater than someone else heating up. Even with a lead, you still need to score.
    Generally, the opposite is true. I remember reading a study where the percentages of a player goes down on the shot after a made shot.

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck View Post
    Generally, the opposite is true. I remember reading a study where the percentages of a player goes down on the shot after a made shot.
    So basically Hayward's 2-10 was really amazing and he should have shot more. 2-20 would have been an amazing mathematical feat.

You are talking statistics and math. You talk like you have never played and had that "I can hit any shot out there" feeling and had it actually happen.

While there does need to be some collaboration between the math nerd assistant coach and the head coach, the HC still needs to go with the hot hand.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well that seems to be the trick with Foye. He doesn't look like a closer so you have to figure out when in that period of maybe 6-4 minutes to go to take him out in favor of a more steady player.

Who that player is, could be one of several. I'd go with the best defender so Marvin or 3 bigs.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck View Post
    This is true. If you are a 50% shooter. You have .50 chance of making the first shot, you also have .50 of making the second and so on. .50^number consecutive of makes. So, .50^2 makes = 25% chance of hitting 2 in a row. .50^3 makes = 12.5% and so on.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzyD View Post
    This is true. If you are a 50% shooter. You have .50 chance of making the first shot, you also have .50 of making the second and so on. .50^number consecutive of makes. So, .50^2 makes = 25% chance of hitting 2 in a row. .50^3 makes = 12.5% and so on.
    So statistically we should play everyone until they make a shot, then pull them and start the cycle again. I'm on bored.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So statistically we should play everyone until they make a shot, then pull them and start the cycle again. I'm on bored.
    I think sometimes substitutions must be madе after player's good performances when he's on the top of his game and not substitute him later after his mistakes.

David Blatt (former coach of Russian team) did exact that in games at the Olympics this year. Corbin is far from such a feeling of the game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    bored or board? This method really can't be used because probability isn't the same with each shot. Shooting a contested jumper isn't the same as shooting a layup. But you get the point. I'm bored.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bjunior View Post
    I think sometimes substitutions must be madе after player's good performances when he's on the top of his game and not substitute him later after his mistakes.

David Blatt (former coach of Russian team) did exact that in games at the Olympics this year. Corbin is far from such a feeling of the game.
    Did Russia win gold?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Did Russia have the best team?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So basically Hayward's 2-10 was really amazing and he should have shot more. 2-20 would have been an amazing mathematical feat.

You are talking statistics and math. You talk like you have never played and had that "I can hit any shot out there" feeling and had it actually happen.

While there does need to be some collaboration between the math nerd assistant coach and the head coach, the HC still needs to go with the hot hand.
    Trust me, I know the feeling of not being able to miss. I'd like to know the psychology behind it, but what was suggested in what I've read is that after a made shot, a player's range of shots generally opens up more than after a missed shot.

When did Foye hit his last three? Sometime over 6 minutes left if memory serves. Lakers called timeout. Foye had one more three point attempt after the six minute mark. It was a miss. Did he still have the hot hand with 2 minutes to go?

Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Even if Foye does not hit or take another shot having him in after making 3 can make the other team play us in a different way in order to deny him. This can add better shots to other players.