Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Level

This has to STOP!

No more Lakers fans at Jazz games! Its getting ridiculous. Even Marvin Williams was shocked at all the Lakers fans there.

An angry Los Angeles Lakersí fan on Thursday night opened fire on a Jazz fan with a can of pepper spray outside Energy Solutions Arena.

Salt Lake City police Detective Josh Ashdown said a pair of Utah Jazz fans were attending the basketball game Wednesday night when they started trash talking with a pair of Lakers fans.

The discussion escalated and the Lakers fans challenged the Jazz fans to a fight, which they declined, Ashdown said.

Security threw the two Lakersí fans out of the game, but they apparently decided to stick around to continue the confrontation with the Jazz fans, he said.

The Lakersí fans spotted the Jazz fans standing on the corner of 100 South and 400 West and started trash talking again.

At that point, one of the Lakersí fans pulled out pepper spray fogger and let loose with it, police said.

Ashdown said instead of a concentrated spray, the fogger expels a big mist of spray very much like a fire extinguisher.

Police said they were searching for a Latino in his early 30s who was wearing a Lakers jersey.

Heís about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds. The man has medium length brown hair and was in a Dodge Charger.

The Jazz won 95-86.

Now be careful everyone, I have a feeling this thread could get racist. But seriously I think if we had immigration officers at the ESA during the Lakers games then.......problem solved!!
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Banned
    Rep Level
    Police said they were searching for a Latino in his early 30s who was wearing a Lakers jersey.
    Casting a wide net.

Banned
    Rep Level
    It makes me sick to hear cheers for the Lakers inside our own building. I know it's all fun and games but I get a little worked up. I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

On a side note, Lakers fans inside the ESA cheer louder than Lakers fans in the Staples center.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    He’s about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds.
    And he wanted to start a fight?

Rep Level
    opened fire on a Jazz fan with a can of pepper spray
    Way sensationalize it.
    Latino in his early 30s who was wearing a Lakers jersey about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds
    Are they sure it wasn't a Latina?
    Now be careful everyone, I have a feeling this thread could get racist.
    que your racist comment.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Casting a wide net.
    Rose Park, West Valley & Kearns are on lockdown.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    No more Lakers fans at Jazz games! Its getting ridiculous. Even Marvin Williams was shocked at all the Lakers fans there.

Now be careful everyone, I have a feeling this thread could get racist. But seriously I think if we had immigration officers at the ESA during the Lakers games then.......problem solved!!
    So after stating this thread could get racist.. then you make a racist statement. How do you know he wasn't an American? Did you just assume because he was Latino he must be illegal? Now you know why the GOP lost on election night? Your mentally is old, disgusting and divisive.

Just think, if everyone didn't act like idiots there would be no reason to have police at a basketball game?

Rep Level
    If Obama was giving free cell phones to Lakers fans at Jazz games he might have won Utah.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

Rep Level
    On a side note, Lakers fans inside the ESA cheer louder than Lakers fans in the Staples center.
    That's because all the Lakers fans at the Staples Center are too busy chillin with cool Jack.

Lakers fans around ESA remind me of the people that voted because of "Obama phone".

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    There were more Laker fans at that game than usual. They showed up early and were loud early. They also left early, quickly, and quietly.

Perfect game.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Just think, if everyone didn't act like idiots there would be no reason to have police at a basketball game?
    The streets are usually safe when the Lakers are in town. All the gangbangers are at the Jazz/Lakers game.

Rep Level
    Yea, I thought that I heard MVP chants for Kobe while he was shooting free throws. That is just bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Nice to see the Jazz just beat up on the Lakers, so the fans have no room to smack talk!!
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Rep Level
    Am I missing something? Is there some sort of a racial divide in Utah? Do Latinos cheer for the Lakers because the Jazz are too Mormon or something?

And might I suggest the European solution to this problem? Wearing other teams' colours to a home game in any sport in Europe is a death wish.

Banned
    Rep Level
    Casting a wide net.
    If the shoe fits ha ha .... seriously though the description was exactly what I was imagining before I even read the article