Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    Am I missing something? Is there some sort of a racial divide in Utah? Do Latinos cheer for the Lakers because the Jazz are too Mormon or something?

And might I suggest the European solution to this problem? Wearing other teams' colours to a home game in any sport in Europe is a death wish.
    Not from Utah I assume?
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

Am I missing something? Is there some sort of a racial divide in Utah? Do Latinos cheer for the Lakers because the Jazz are too Mormon or something?

And might I suggest the European solution to this problem? Wearing other teams' colours to a home game in any sport in Europe is a death wish.
    Utahns are to polite for that. They need to put a group of us Jazzfanz in there and it'll get real hahaha.

As a rule I dont ever ever trash talk Lakers fans cuz I hate getting stabbed.

However, one of the years that we got swept by them, there was a dude like 5 rows down from me who was wearing a Utes Sugar Bowl shirt paired with a Lakers hat, and was rooting very loudly for the Lakers. This made me more mad than you could ever freaking imagine. Like, blind rage mad. So, anyways I started to mess with the guy during the 4th qtr when we were getting blown out. I am really good at messing with people and making them mad. Like, for real. I could be pro at it. Long story short, I threw paper airplanes at his girlfriends head, told him he was NOT allowed to be a Lakers fan and Utes fan at the same time, bugged him with enough other things that his head was for realz spinning and it was actually pretty awesome until he almost beat me up as I was leaving the stadium. Definitely the closest I've been to getting in a fight during my adult life. I was with hot babez and it would've been embarrassing cuz I'm better at the talkin than the fightin if ya know what I mean.

Lesson learned, don't trash talk Laker fans, they're not down to talk, they're down to fight.

I've never seen a fight at any other Jazz game, but see a few each Lakers game, some of them actually pretty messy.
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

Laker fans here are always those wanna be thug types. The mentality of those people is just pathetic to begin with. Which is why they are the front runner types. If the Lakers started sucking tomorrow, we would all of a sudden see more Heat fans. We already are seeing the shift. Its not just latinos either. Its all types.

Also, we have been invaded by a bunch of Utah hating Californians. They all moved here because they hate Utah, Mormons, and the Jazz so much. I know that doesnt sound right, it baffles me too. When you talk to these clowns, all they do is complain about Utah, and talk about how great California is. Its bizarre, but true. Im always telling them, then move the **** back moron, but they are so dumb they have nothing to say.

It happens in every NBA city. The Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA.

I don't mind Laker fans showing up to support their team whereever they are. I would go to Jazz games if I lived in any other NBA city. It is just their popularity (they've won a lot of titles they are always on national tv espn basically only talks about them) is why you see so many at these games. It does bother me that they were louder than our fans, but whatever, this was the only time they were coming to Utah this year so it was probably more concentrated then usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    Now be careful everyone, I have a feeling this thread could get racist. But seriously I think if we had immigration officers at the ESA during the Lakers games then...
    Wow. Where'd you get such a crazy feeling?
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Laker fans here are always those wanna be thug types. The mentality of those people is just pathetic to begin with. Which is why they are the front runner types. If the Lakers started sucking tomorrow, we would all of a sudden see more Heat fans. We already are seeing the shift. Its not just latinos either. Its all types.

Also, we have been invaded by a bunch of Utah hating Californians. They all moved here because they hate Utah, Mormons, and the Jazz so much. I know that doesnt sound right, it baffles me too. When you talk to these clowns, all they do is complain about Utah, and talk about how great California is. Its bizarre, but true. Im always telling them, then move the **** back moron, but they are so dumb they have nothing to say.
    My friend does the best trash talk/make the other person feel dumb move for Lakers fans.

"Hey are you from Cali?!"

"Yeah! I actually moved here jus.."

*interrupts them*

"Well go back."

lololololololololololol

Makes em soooooo mad cuz people from California that move to Utah love to tell you all about California and how its the coolest evar. This usually stops em dead in their tracks.
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    My friend does the best trash talk/make the other person feel dumb move for Lakers fans.

"Hey are you from Cali?!"

"Yeah! I actually moved here jus.."

*interrupts them*

"Well go back."

lololololololololololol

Makes em soooooo mad cuz people from California that move to Utah love to tell you all about California and how its the coolest evar. This usually stops em dead in their tracks.
    So, so, so true.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

As a rule I dont ever ever trash talk Lakers fans cuz I hate getting stabbed.

However, one of the years that we got swept by them, there was a dude like 5 rows down from me who was wearing a Utes Sugar Bowl shirt paired with a Lakers hat, and was rooting very loudly for the Lakers. This made me more mad than you could ever freaking imagine. Like, blind rage mad. So, anyways I started to mess with the guy during the 4th qtr when we were getting blown out. I am really good at messing with people and making them mad. Like, for real. I could be pro at it. Long story short, I threw paper airplanes at his girlfriends head, told him he was NOT allowed to be a Lakers fan and Utes fan at the same time, bugged him with enough other things that his head was for realz spinning and it was actually pretty awesome until he almost beat me up as I was leaving the stadium. Definitely the closest I've been to getting in a fight during my adult life. I was with hot babez and it would've been embarrassing cuz I'm better at the talkin than the fightin if ya know what I mean.

Lesson learned, don't trash talk Laker fans, they're not down to talk, they're down to fight.

I've never seen a fight at any other Jazz game, but see a few each Lakers game, some of them actually pretty messy.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but its tough with the lakers. I know if I grew up in LA, rooting for my hometown team, then moved to slc to be ute and edumacate myself, I'd probably do the same thing. However, it's the band wagoners that have come out of the shadows that get to me.

I used to be a manager at a decal kiosk in a mall, and at least once a day, I'd get some punk asking if we had jazz decals... Then asking if we could have a guy wearing a lakers jersey peeing on the jazz logo. Number 1 request, in a mall not 20 miles from slc. Even with my pay taking the hit (100% commission), I would refuse.

Just never understood the logic of bandwagoning...

Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    So, so, so true.
    I hear that all the time. I tell them about this really cool invention called I15 and how they can use it.

How tall is VinylOne?
    ^^^this

People move here from California because they either can't afford to keep living there or they don't like living in a state that is an ongoing fiscal mess. But that won't stop the people that move from talking up California all day long.
    Buckle Up Jazz

Tank Watch Bottom (or is it Top?) 5:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 15-66 L2
    2. Philadelphia 76ers 18-63 W1
    3. Orlando Magic 23-58 L3
    4. Utah Jazz 24-57 L5
    5. Boston Celtics 25-56 L1

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare3983 View Post
    People move here from California because they either can't afford to keep living there or they don't like living in a state that is an ongoing fiscal mess. But that won't stop the people that move from talking up California all day long.
    It's the ones that can't afford it that talk about how awesome it is.
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie

It's the ones that can't afford it that talk about how awesome it is.
    And kind of dumb people in general. At least as it pertains to Los Angeles/Orange County. That **** ****ing blows. Have fun in the most disparate, sprawling slum in the United States where a bungalow costs 7-digits and taking an hour to drive 30 miles is making good time.

So awesome.

I kind of like San Diego, though.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

Now that I live in California I see why I miss being in a red state. But I do enjoy the weather.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...