Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

2012-2013 Random Trade Ideas thread

We should have one of these. I'll go first:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=azckwc5

It gives the Lakers 'depth' and I think Millsap fits better with Dwight than Gasol.
    We get to clear our log jam and we get to have Gasol, who I don't think is that bad. I'll be the first to admit he's soft, but I think his poor play the last 2 years is more because of the players around him and the offense than it is him getting worse.
    Rockets get to try out if Jefferson fits with their team, and besides Royce White's potential upside, they aren't losing much.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Wow, that is quite the trade there. I give you mucho points for creativity here.
    The only thing that sucks is losing the offense of both Millsap AND Jefferson, as well as taking on a 19 million dollar contract for the next two years. It does free up the logjam, but I would expect Corbin to start Gasol instead of Kanter.
    Picking up Cook obviously adds more outside shooting, and that's always dangerous.
    All in all, great random trade to start a thread :-)
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Your trade ends with LA having a roster of 19 guys...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jope View Post
    Your trade ends with LA having a roster of 19 guys...
    ESPN said it was allowed, so god has spoken.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My trade:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b2db46u

Why Utah do it? No don't answer that.
    Why Orlando do it? That's my unanswered question. Most probably for the expiring? What are they gonna do with the trade exception if not this?
    Why Boston do it? They'll get 2 young future AS's for an AS.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    My trade:

Why Orlando do it? That's my unanswered question. Most probably for the expiring? What are they gonna do with the trade exception if not this?
    Interesting thought, but you leave the Jazz with two bigs and Evans (who we all know is only good for dunking). If this was to go down then there would be another trade on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My trade:

One other thought, who is running point for Boston?
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    One other thought, who is running point for Boston?
    Alec?! Ehm...
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Interesting thought, but you leave the Jazz with two bigs and Evans (who we all know is only good for dunking). If this was to go down then there would be another trade on the horizon.
    I have this one, too.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5lkxab
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That one is much more realistic. The only team that might have an issue would be the Timberwolves.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That one is much more realistic. The only team that might have an issue would be the Timberwolves.
    I donate them a first rounder. And we are talking about Kahn. I will give him a bag of chips.
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I had to try my had at this.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=alrsx9e

Before anyone blows up at me remember that Jefferson and Millsap are getting more time than anyone else that is why they have such high PERs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I donate them a first rounder. And we are talking about Kahn. I will give him a bag of chips.
    Who is giving up the first rounder?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In no way would I want to see Al, Burks, and Kanter all go just for Rondo and Vuja..... whatever.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    In no way would I want to see Al, Burks, and Kanter all go just for Rondo and Vuja..... whatever.
    I'm just saying that we obtained a top 5 PG and were still able to keep most of our strengths in tact. At some point you have to start talking about the now and not the future.