Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I'm just saying that we obtained a top 5 PG and were still able to keep most of our strengths in tact. At some point you have to start talking about the now and not the future.
    Yeah that's true on talking about the now at some point. I really think at least Kanter will be something special, but Corbin might not ever let Burks flourish.
    At the same time, with a trade like that you lose almost all length and size in the post. Ideally, we only lose either Al or Millsap as far as bigs go.
    Who would be willing to throw in Marvin?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyapma View Post
    Minnesota would never do that trade unless they knew Rubio was not the same player which would keep Boston from making the trade. I highly doubt Boston would do it even with Rubio healthy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bftbhag

How about this one?
    Boston gets 3 solid defensive players, a starting power forward in Millsap, a great backup for Pierce in Marvin, and a solid defending veteran in Braille off of the bench.
    Utah finally gets their top 5 point guard, and keeps Al, Favors, Hayward, Burks, and Kanter all in tact.
    Also Barbosa replaces Marvin's 3 point shooting.
    Last edited by TheSilencer1313; 11-09-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

How about this one?
    Boston gets 3 solid defensive players, a starting power forward in Millsap, a great backup for Pierce in Marvin, and a solid defending veteran in Braille off of the bench.
    Utah finally gets their top 5 point guard, and keeps Al, Favors, Hayward, Burks, and Kanter all in tact.
    Try that link again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Try that link again.
    My bad. Fixed.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

How about this one?
    Doesn't Boston already have a back up that they are overpaying in Jeff Green?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

How about this one?
    I'd love it, but Boston would never do it. Why do they need more perimeter defenders when they have Bradley and Courtney Lee? Millsap is a good pick up but they have Brandon Bass who has a similar game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Doesn't Boston already have a back up that they are overpaying in Jeff Green?
    I suppose I forgot about Jeff Green. But that guy has had injury problems, and I think Boston wants to push for one more run against the Heat.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al Jefferson, Roger Braille and Ty Corbin to LA for Dwight Howard.
    It's clear the Howard experiment isn't working out for LA. Kobe recruited Roger before he ended up signing with Utah. And the Lakers now need a coach. This is a perfect trade for both teams.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    I'd love it, but Boston would never do it. Why do they need more perimeter defenders when they have Bradley and Courtney Lee? Millsap is a good pick up but they have Brandon Bass who has a similar game.
    Bradley is a great defender, but Courtney Lee isn't in my opinion. Can you imagine a Garnett, Millsap, Bass, and Fab Melo rotation in Boston?
    Sounds pretty lethal, both offensively and defensively.
    I really don't see anyone turning Braille down for his little contract, and some positive defense off of the bench. He can really shoot when he wants to as well.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wouldn't say Jeff Green is injury prone, he missed 1 season because of a heart condition that's now fixed.

I think Pau would be a good fit for our team over Dwight simply because of his passing abilities...and he'd be a better mentor than Jefferson for Kanter. Dwight and Favors is not realistic and its also redundant.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    I think Pau would be a good fit for our team over Dwight simply because of his passing abilities...and he'd be a better mentor than Jefferson for Kanter. Dwight and Favors is not realistic and its also redundant.
    Yes, Pau would be a great fit due to his stellar defense. The Lakers tried desperately to trade him last year. NO ONE wants Pau. He's lost his shot and doesn't play defense. We'll hopefully be rid of Jefferson and Millsap after this season. I'll be a bit sad if/when Paul leaves, but we aren't going anywhere with him at PF. The only way he stops opposing PF's is to foul them. I'd much rather have Favors/Kanter start and suffer through some games in the 70-point range while they're developing.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    I'd much rather have Favors/Kanter start and suffer through some games in the 70-point range while they're developing.
    I like that idea, but actually I don't think there would be too many 70 point range games with Mo, Marvin, and Foye on the team. I'm thinking 90 point range when the shot is on.
    Also giving Burks extra time would result in a lot more free throw attempts, and we could defer to Favors and Kanter's defense for the time being as they develop their offensive games.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is the best trade idea I came up with:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bzpx3yj
    Burke- Burks- Burked.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Millsap and Raja Bell for Patrick Patterson, Terrance Jones, and a protected #1 pick

Why for Houston?

Millsap fits perfectly with Harden, Asik and Lin. Trading for Millsap now allows the Houston's core to grow together and gives them the bird rights to Millsap this offseason.

Why for Utah?

Patterson is a serviceable big man who could grow into a solid 3rd big behind Favors and Kanter. Terrance Jones is an intriguing combo forward who we could groom for the future. We also open up minutes for Favors and rid our selves of Raja Bell.