Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I think the lesson here is, dont try to run the princeton offense.
    The lesson here is - some assistant coaches better remain as assistants
    Exum = Biggest bust in Jazz history.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thought we may be interested since Sloans name had come up before

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
    Thought we may be interested since Sloans name had come up before
    Just messing with you but it is already in the general NBA forum.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Phil Jackson has got to be considering that roster.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    The lesson here is - some assistant coaches better remain as assistants
    Especially if they think it would be a good idea to have a team run the Princeton offense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
    Glad we played Lakers when we did.
    Not sure how to feel...losing to the "lowly" Jazz was the final indignity? Would this have happened had they lost @ OKC or @ Miami their previous game?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Not sure how to feel...losing to the "lowly" Jazz was the final indignity? Would this have happened had they lost @ OKC or @ Miami their previous game?
    Don't care. a W is a W.

We will get better.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hmmmm, the Jazz watching this? Hmmmm, SI said we have the most under-utilized player in the league? Hmmmm, Tyrone, you watching this?

Also, this explains the Lakers sleep-walking effort the last game. Gutsy move at least.

First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    My happy place (the start of another NBA season)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports
    I just spoke with Jerry Sloan he has no comment on the situation with the Lakers

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It turns out Brown was not fired for the losses, but was fired as a result from pressure from the "Free Eubanks" movement.

Sadly Eubanks was not aware of the news... and you can read what happened to him.
    TREYBOT

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    It turns out Brown was not fired for the losses, but was fired as a result from pressure from the "Free Eubanks" movement.

Sadly Eubanks was not aware of the news... and you can read what happened to him.
    He's a great weatherman and the reason to watch KSL news. I wasn't aware they weren't giving him enough air time, though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Funny...I was just reading a story yesterday from one of the LA Papers. Jim Buss was talking about how Mike Brown works to hard, and that his job was safe. It was to early to hit the panic button, blah blah blah...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...brown-safe-now

Guess that was a bunch O BS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzSpazz View Post
    Let the Jerry Sloan talk begin.
    Oddly enough, Sloan didn't get mentioned at all here:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--la...-09551809.html

After losing four of five games to start the season, the Los Angeles Lakers fired coach Mike Brown on Friday.

Brown's agent, Warren LeGarie confirmed the firing, saying Brown had informed him of his dismissal. Assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff will serve as interim coach while the Lakers search for a long-term replacement.

It is unclear whether the organization will make a run at bringing back Phil Jackson, but one candidate prominently being discussed as a long-term possibility: Mike D'Antoni.

D'Antoni has been without a job since leaving the New York Knicks in 2011. D'Antoni had knee replacement surgery in the past couple weeks and is not yet on his feet. Would still need time to rehabilitate before he could go back to work.

Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw also could become a candidate – though that's a dicier proposition, given the acrimony that ensued between the Lakers front office and Shaw after the team chose to replace Jackson with Brown over Shaw.

USA Today first reported Brown's firing.

In conversations on Thursday, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak made a case to Lakers owner Jerry Buss and executive vice president Jim Buss to give Brown more time before deciding to fire him, sources told Y! Sports. Brown also made a case to management that he could get the Lakers into championship contention, sources said.

Lakers ownership made clear that buying out the remaining three years on Brown's original $18 million four year contract wasn't an obstacle to making a coaching change.

Within the organization, there was a sense that Brown has frayed his connection to the locker room with long practices and game-day shootarounds, sources said. Brown began to address that issue recently with shortened sessions.

The irony is that Jerry Buss' son who runs the day-to-day operations of the franchise, Jim – and not Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak – was the primary advocate in the hiring of Brown and the firing of him. Kupchak was partial to Rick Adelman as a replacement, sources said. Nevertheless, the Buss family lost patience with the team's sluggish start to the Princeton offense, and didn't accept the excuses of a weak bench with such a star-studded starting five of Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.

Nash is sitting out with a broken bone in his leg, and won't return to the lineup until later this month.
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Wouldn't it be great if Sloan were hired and his first move was to go out and trade for the "veteran leadership" of Roger Braille to help right the sinking Laker ship?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are the Lakers interested in Corbin?...maybe for a future second rounder?