Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    The Jazz outscored opponents by about 4.5 points per 48 minutes with Al and Millsap on the court together last season. On the year, the Jazz outscored opponents by only 0.12 points per 48 minutes. They were actually a pretty effective duo last season fwiw.
    --They didn't suck as bad last year!
    --Al Jefferson is shooting 40%, is even worse than I remember at P&R defense, and was abused by Kosta Koufos.
    --Millsap is shooting 43%, is playing like he's been in a mental ward for six months, and was abused by Kenneth Faried.
    --Our defense is horrendous with these two in together, this year.
    --We are not winning, this year!!!

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    --They didn't suck as bad last year!
    --Al Jefferson is shooting 40%, is even worse than I remember at P&R defense, and was abused by Kosta Koufos.
    --Millsap is shooting 43%, is playing like he's been in a mental ward for six months, and was abused by Kenneth Faried.
    --Our defense is horrendous with these two in together, this year.
    --We are not winning, this year!!!
    6 games. I've been on the trade Jeffy bandwagon for a LONG time. I just feel that these terrible contrary-to-fact arguments weaken my position.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    6 games. I've been on the trade Jeffy bandwagon for a LONG time. I just feel that these terrible contrary-to-fact arguments weaken my position.
    Hey if he can't get it together in 6 games he should be canned.

- Mitch Kupcek & Kobe Bryant.
    Life is like watching Fast and the Furious 6. It's not easy, most of the time it's just dumb and pointless, everything is fake, there is a lot of noise, but if you close your eyes and picture yourself in an open field or a quiet forest, you can maybe make it to the end without killing yourself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've basically come to the conclusion that Ty's problem is he's good at concepts, not X's and O's. Speed up the tempo? Great, but not when a lot of guys take undisciplined 3's instead of funneling to the rim. Streamline the flex cuts to initiate offense quicker? Great, but not when those cuts are executed so listlessly that they never produce a shot or anything other than an entry pass. This team has talent, but it can't execute anything.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Biggest, most glaring issue by far is the offense. It really doesn't matter what unit is in there and it really doesn't matter what players are sucking. Every lineup has no idea what they're going to do to score once those first cuts are made.

What I don't get is the development should have been simple: Keep going into the post early in the clock, but have cutters going to the hoop, designed outlets, and increase passing opportunities. When you PnR, it's the same. You play 2 on 2, but the 3 other guys have specific rotations they make either cutting or on the arc.

Teams like the Spurs don't move the ball so well because everybody's "unselfish" or a good passer. It's because everybody always knows where everybody is going to be.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Not sure what you're saying here.

"6 games" = not enough time to say that they suck and we should trade at least Al. They're going to get better if last year has anything to say about it.

"I just feel that these terrible contrary-to-fact arguments." = the facts I listed, other peoples' arguments

"weaken my position" = these arguments make you rationally more inclined to keep Al since your current position is to get rid of him

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Not sure what you're saying here.

"6 games" = not enough time to say that they suck and we should trade at least Al. They're going to get better if last year has anything to say about it.

"I just feel that these terrible contrary-to-fact arguments." = the facts I listed, other peoples' arguments

"weaken my position" = these arguments make you rationally more inclined to keep Al since your current position is to get rid of him
    The last two quotes refer back to GregBroncs' ridiculous post. The Al-Millsap combo was effective last season. That is, unless you think the Jazz (and the combo in question) just fluked into outscoring their opponents consistently with Al-Millsap on the court.

And yes, I think it's safe to say Al and Paul are better than they've shown thus far this season. I'd still be extremely upset if Jeffy is still on the team next year.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've been disillusioned with Ty ever since the New Orleans game that he lost by not making the proper substitutions at the end of the game. I don't like the way he has misused Burks who actually is playing worse than last year when in the pre-season looked like he might have a breakout season. But Ty not using him has deflated his confidence. Like I have said, the Foye pickup was a major mistake. I don't like what I have seen of this team so far and I am losing confidence in Ty. I am also losing interest in the Jazz. They have screwed up or moved so many good players they have had since Stock-Malone retired that you could field a team of ex-Jazz players still in the league that would be a better team than they have now.

Picture this:

DWill, Matthews, AK, Boozer, Koufos, KHump, Korver, RBrewer, CJ, RPrice, Fes -- that team surely is comparable and may have the edge because of DWill -- forgot about Maynor.

Now, just revise it a little -- you let Boozer walk and keep Millsap, draft a decent PG in the late first round (we did in Maynor), trade one of RB or CJ for 3-point shooter, maybe get a decent backup C, and you have a team that has been playing together and maybe challenging for a title.
    Last edited by Eenie-Meenie; 11-11-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Logic Logic Logic is that all your guys have on getting rid of Corbin? Where do I sign up to join the club.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I had a vision!
    The Great Architect of the Universe approved this thread.

he then added "fire his ass"

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm still enraged that the Jazz had a close game in the 2nd quarter (with about 5 minutes remaining), Ty put the starters back in, and just stood there with a stupid look on his face watching them get absolutely slaughtered until about 4 minutes remaining in the 3rd without doing one damn thing. It was the ultimate display of incompetence.