Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Koufos > Kanter

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    1. agree
    2. agree
    3. hm... Kanter was guarded by slow Mozgov coming of injury... not sure who is better defender him or big AL.
    4. Half of posters here thinks Jazz are better team and as such...
    5. Close but Koufos was better.
    6. yup, Kanter may turn better but as of today Kosta is better.
    Umm Kosta didn't take a shot more than 5 feet away from the hoop.

Kanter made multiple mid-range jumpers and was getting his rebounds against Mozgov, Faried, Koufos and McGee.

Koufos played well but pretending they have similar skill sets is just silly.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    We really need to fire Corbin before he ruins our young players.
    Good point there. Example number 1: Alec Burks. He should be coached up now to where he actually looks better in year 2, not like he has taken 3 steps backward.

Another: continuing to start Sapperson with their league-leading bad interior D, when a stud defender like Favors is available. (But, but, but, those guys helped the Jazz outscore the Spurs in the 3q the other night donchya know (after allowing a 19 point lead)).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Umm Kosta didn't take a shot more than 5 feet away from the hoop.

Kanter made multiplemid-range jumpers and was getting his rebounds against Mozgov, Faried, Koufos and McGee.

Koufos played well but pretending they have similar skill sets is just silly.
    Kanter made two jumpers. Airballed one and barely hit iron on second missed jumper. Faried and Koufos where getting rebounds vs him not vs versa. Kanter got most if his stats in 4quarter when game was out of reach playing vs Mozgov mainly. Not to take away from Kanters game as he played best game of the season so far and really impressed me with his much quicker step then last year for example, but Koufos stats are more impressive as they were collected vs starters during time when Denver put game out of reach.
    And it is silly for some people here to say that Kanter is 100X better then Koufos when it is absolutely not true. He may have better potential but at this point of their career Kosta is better and it is not even arguable. Stats, head to head meetings, whatever you look at - so far everything supports that.
    "The Jazz treat defence like most 2-year-olds treat nap time, which is to say they would rather it not exist" - Toronto Sun after Jazz lost to Raptors 104-123.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    kanter played 6 minutes
    had 3 rbeounds
    3-4 shooting
    6 pionts
    1 assist
    1 block

yes you read it right in just 6 fricking minutes

kosta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> croabin and jeffersuck
    And there's the problem. No defense from Jefferson and Kanter only gets 6 minutes.

Either fire Ty or have Lindsey save us by making a trade. This is %$#@^&* ridiculous.
    Lose One More For OKAFOR!

No More Frowns If We Get TOWNS!

Shout Hooray for MUDIAY!

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Koufos stats are more impressive as they were collected vs starters
    They were collected vs. Jefferson, who never woke up from his pre-game nap.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Izmir, Turkey and somewhere in Eastern Europe
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter made two jumpers. Airballed one and barely hit iron on second missed jumper. Faried and Koufos where getting rebounds vs him not vs versa. Kanter got most if his stats in 4quarter when game was out of reach playing vs Mozgov mainly. Not to take away from Kanters game as he played best game of the season so far and really impressed me with his much quicker step then last year for example, but Koufos stats are more impressive as they were collected vs starters during time when Denver put game out of reach.
    And it is silly for some people here to say that Kanter is 100X better then Koufos when it is absolutely not true. He may have better potential but at this point of their career Kosta is better and it is not even arguable. Stats, head to head meetings, whatever you look at - so far everything supports that.
    I do not understand your insistence on Kanter issue. Koufos is an average center who does not have any special parts on his game. Even though he's more experienced than Kanter (Playing 2 more seasons and being 3 years older) and having more chance to improve his overall game, he's not a starter material. On the other end, Kanter's better rebounder, one and one defender and post up player. As we've seen in last matches including the preseason his shooting is coming along too. The only issue is if Kanter will have a chance to show who he's. Otherwise i do not mention the name of Kosta in the same sentence with Kanter.
    Che: I have got two things "freedom and death." If I can not have one, i wish to have the other; because noone is able to capture me alive

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Koufos is a borderline starter (and definitely a rotation big), but he's making only $3mm per over the next 3 seasons (the 3rd season is only guaranteed for $500k). That's an absolute steal for Denver.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Koufos is a borderline starter (and definitely a rotation big), but he's making only $3mm per over the next 3 seasons (the 3rd season is only guaranteed for $500k). That's an absolute steal for Denver.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Izmir, Turkey and somewhere in Eastern Europe
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So is he better than Kanter and would you trade that steal for Kanter?
    Che: I have got two things "freedom and death." If I can not have one, i wish to have the other; because noone is able to capture me alive

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    And getting a player with a good NBA body, has a good head on his shoulders, works hard, and has shown touch at the, what, 22nd pick in a draft is a steal, too (even if Batum and Ibaka were bigger steals).

I would love to know the negotiating point where Koufos came up and who asserted that he should go to Minnesota. I thought it was dumb then, and it looks a lot dumber now (not taking into consideration the existing logjam). Also, remember how shallow the big rotation was after the Jazz got Jefferson and before they traded D Will. It's no coincidence that Francisco Elson and Kyrylo Fesenko haven't been able to really find any teams.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    No. It's a tangent.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by illyasova View Post
    No, but I'd trade Jefferson for Koufos.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No, but I'd trade Jefferson for Koufos.
    Yes. Holy ****, yes.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Get over it.

We selected Kanter over Valanchamaliukarakuas.

Enough is enough.

Your Kanter hate is getting annoying and boring. Night in, night out the same. Please accept it. Period.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by underKANTER View Post
    Get over it.

We selected Kanter over Valanchamaliukarakuas.

Enough is enough.

Your Kanter hate is getting annoying and boring. Night in, night out the same. Please accept it. Period.
    Val has been terrible so far, too.