Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Senior Member Scorpjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,391
    Total Rep Points
    1340
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20

    I have seen the light....

    I know it is only a few games in, BUT it is obvious to me that the time is NOW to dump both Al and Sap for whatever we can get for them. Move forward with the new guys, get them minutes and see what it brings us. We KNOW what we are going to get with Sap and Al. We are going to get what we have right now, a losing record. We can get a losing record with Kanter and Favors starting and I have no doubt within a few weeks, if that long, with starters minutes we will see huge steps in both of them. This is stupid for Ty to keep using the same formula that is proven to not work. On that note, while I wanted to give him time as a coach, Ty doesnt seem to show some of the basics of good coachng. Things that you should be able to do when you start. You dont have to learn over time that a lineup isnt working, or that one player is ALWAYS going to give you the same results. It should be obvious. He seems to have Sloan type attitudes with out Sloan type results even. No excuses, IMO, Ty needs to go...soon. Seems harsh, and Im usually a company man, but the guy shows me NOTHING at all that makes me believe he will ever get better...I do like the pickups of the Williams' and Foye, that is about it so far this year that makes me upbeat.

  2. #2
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46,830
    Total Rep Points
    47864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Got no problem with any of that.
    #dumptruckin

  3. #3
    I Like Warm Hugs Stifle Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dante's inferno
    Posts
    14,511
    Total Rep Points
    25139
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Scorp is spot on.
    Jefferson, Millsap and Ty need to move on.

    On the other hand, on the current path, it's likely the Jazz remain one of the 6th worst teams in the league, thereby helping to block GS from tanking to keep their pick.

  4. #4
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,603
    Total Rep Points
    16120
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpjazz View Post
    I know it is only a few games in, BUT it is obvious to me that the time is NOW to dump both Al and Sap for whatever we can get for them. Move forward with the new guys, get them minutes and see what it brings us. We KNOW what we are going to get with Sap and Al. We are going to get what we have right now, a losing record. We can get a losing record with Kanter and Favors starting and I have no doubt within a few weeks, if that long, with starters minutes we will see huge steps in both of them. This is stupid for Ty to keep using the same formula that is proven to not work. On that note, while I wanted to give him time as a coach, Ty doesnt seem to show some of the basics of good coachng. Things that you should be able to do when you start. You dont have to learn over time that a lineup isnt working, or that one player is ALWAYS going to give you the same results. It should be obvious. He seems to have Sloan type attitudes with out Sloan type results even. No excuses, IMO, Ty needs to go...soon. Seems harsh, and Im usually a company man, but the guy shows me NOTHING at all that makes me believe he will ever get better...I do like the pickups of the Williams' and Foye, that is about it so far this year that makes me upbeat.
    You have been a fearless supporter of Jefferson. When the Jazz picked up Jefferson I wanted to believe that he was going to help this team but I also had the fear (That I shared with those around me because I wasn't on Jazzfanz at the time) that he might destroy this team. It is not Jefferson's fault that this team is struggling be he does have a role in all of this.

    I am impressed that you have said this. I know that I have come after you several times because of your support of Jefferson. I will rep you from now now just because of this one post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  5. #5
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,603
    Total Rep Points
    16120
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Scorp is spot on.
    Jefferson, Millsap and Ty need to move on.

    On the other hand, on the current path, it's likely the Jazz remain one of the 6th worst teams in the league, thereby helping to block GS from tanking to keep their pick.
    I just looked and if the season ended today the Jazz would get the 7th and 16th pick in the draft. I would have expected that at the beginning of the season but I thought that the Warriors would be supplying the 7th pick, not the Jazz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  6. #6
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,724
    Total Rep Points
    37357
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Atta boy..... its about time.

  7. #7
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,603
    Total Rep Points
    16120
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Atta boy..... its about time.
    I don't know about the rest of you but this thread deserves rep. DO IT NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  8. #8
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46,830
    Total Rep Points
    47864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but this thread deserves rep. DO IT NOW!
    Neg to you it is.
    #dumptruckin

  9.  

     

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,351
    Total Rep Points
    6084
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    Time marches on and it is time to go young and see what happens. Worse case scenario the Jazz get a couple of stud young guys from the draft and build within their organization.

    I liked AJ coming out of the draft. I wanted the Jazz to pick him with one of their picks. I wasn't that excited to pick him up in free agency. I thought we overpaid for him. I have been up and down on keeping him until last year. I think AJ has some value around the league and so does Millsap. I would rather keep Millsap if he is willing to become a six man and if he will re-sign for a decent contract.

    If Millsap wants to much money or whines about coming off the bench then I would trade him. I think most Jazz fans see the writing on the wall even if AJ and Millsap turn it around. Eventually, both guys are going to either take a smaller role or get traded. They are complimentary players to a championship team and they are who they are.

    I have been more than ready to see the Jazz hand over the team to Favors and Kanter even if they are not totally ready. Playing low minutes is not the way to get them ready.

  11. #10
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46,830
    Total Rep Points
    47864
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Great thread, so far.. I know a contrarian is gonna show up..
    #dumptruckin

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    421
    Total Rep Points
    272
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    Time marches on and it is time to go young and see what happens. Worse case scenario the Jazz get a couple of stud young guys from the draft and build within their organization.

    I liked AJ coming out of the draft. I wanted the Jazz to pick him with one of their picks. I wasn't that excited to pick him up in free agency. I thought we overpaid for him. I have been up and down on keeping him until last year. I think AJ has some value around the league and so does Millsap. I would rather keep Millsap if he is willing to become a six man and if he will re-sign for a decent contract.

    If Millsap wants to much money or whines about coming off the bench then I would trade him. I think most Jazz fans see the writing on the wall even if AJ and Millsap turn it around. Eventually, both guys are going to either take a smaller role or get traded. They are complimentary players to a championship team and they are who they are.

    I have been more than ready to see the Jazz hand over the team to Favors and Kanter even if they are not totally ready. Playing low minutes is not the way to get them ready.
    Locke said it on his pod cast the other day that Millsap hosed himself by not taking that extesion offer. The way he's playing so far this season he will be lucky to get a 5 million per/yr deal. He's been one of my favorite players for years and I have been on the trade Al and keep Sap bandwagon for a long time. However, Sap needs to see what we all see, a short 4 who makes a living with hustle. That's a bench players role and that's all he's got left in the tank from what I can see.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Scorpjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    1,391
    Total Rep Points
    1340
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Great thread, so far.. I know a contrarian is gonna show up..
    Usually that would be me, so Im excited to see who it is.

  14. #13
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,724
    Total Rep Points
    37357
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpjazz View Post
    Usually that would be me, so Im excited to see who it is.
    My guess would be: Kennykyle, zmann (?), franklin, or cyrone

  15. #14
    Senior Member Hack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    in liquid hot lava
    Posts
    10,213
    Total Rep Points
    20192
    Rep Adjustment Power
    77
    I agree that Al needs to go, but not Millsap. I think Al's lack of effort is what hurts us most right now. I think it has negative impact on everyone else. Id like to see that happen before I start blaming Ty for too much right. I think the onus is on the management to move Al too. Corbin is under pressure to play him and so it isnt as easy as every thinks to bench a guy that is making 15 mil a year. At least not a young coach trying to make it. Maybe a veteran guy but not a beginner. I believe that the management and coaching staff have discussions on what to do with players minutes. Ive heard them say as much. A lot more goes into the decision making process on who plays, than it just appears from the surface. Al is treated as a stock and an investment. They are going to see this thing through, just like they did with Boozer. Its the Jazz way. Slow and patient. They arent going to make knee jerk reaction moves. They dont believe that is the formula to success. So lets just get used to it.

    Here's how this year will go..

    Jazz make playoffs and lose in the first or second round.

    Jazz are not dumb and they too will have noticed Al Jefferson is a bum just like Boozer and will let him walk.

    Jazz re-sign Millsap because he is a good player just like they did the last time instead of re-signing Boozer.

    Then we can finally move on and have a fun team to watch next year with a starting line up of Millsap and Favors. I wish I was wrong and we were to trade Al sooner, and we get some assets back but I doubt it happens.

    Then our team will really be bad ass and then everyone will be saying how great Corbin is.

  16. #15
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,671
    Total Rep Points
    14390
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Shouldn't we wait until Jefferson/Millsap actually start playing well? They are both playing well below their usual levels, so interest in them can't be super high at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •